• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

0-0…… Now We Start…

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,080
  • Days Won:  39

2 hours ago, Brad said:

I thank God every day for the Triple Ts. 

T's up!

• Topic Count:  62
  • Content Count:  2,286
  • Days Won:  1

Not exactly apples for apples, but Taggart's teams looked pretty inept in his first two years here. He started out 1-3 in his 3rd year  (2015). Losses to FSU, Maryland and Memphis, with the only win coming against FCS FAMU. Syracuse was game #5 year 3 for CWT in 2015.  CJS is at the exact same spot now....game #5 year 3.....and is probably more desperate for a win than CWT was back then. Would love for history to repeat itself, and this staff manages to turn this thing around this week.  

• Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  187
  • Days Won:  0

I said something to this effect earlier when I was chalk full of delusional optimism after the UF game. I would like to amend this school of thought.

forget 0-0, we are 1-21 against FBS opponents 

fire jeff scott and move on 

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  71
  • Content Count:  12,520
  • Days Won:  25

18 hours ago, USFBulls727 said:

Not exactly apples for apples, but Taggart's teams looked pretty inept in his first two years here. He started out 1-3 in his 3rd year  (2015). Losses to FSU, Maryland and Memphis, with the only win coming against FCS FAMU. Syracuse was game #5 year 3 for CWT in 2015.  CJS is at the exact same spot now....game #5 year 3.....and is probably more desperate for a win than CWT was back then. Would love for history to repeat itself, and this staff manages to turn this thing around this week.  

I think willy had some hope on offense showing and he won more than 1 fbs game at 2.25 seasons in. The offense was showing promise and the teams were trending up.  So who is going to lead the offensive turn around?

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  604
  • Content Count:  16,416
  • Days Won:  43

I am going to lower the bar and call 5-7 this season a success with what everyone has been going through 

• Haha 1

• Topic Count:  62
  • Content Count:  2,286

2 hours ago, Outlaw said:

I think willy had some hope on offense showing and he won more than 1 fbs game at 2.25 seasons in. The offense was showing promise and the teams were trending up.  So who is going to lead the offensive turn around?

Agreed, and I know I was reaching with that statement. CWT and his staff had an offense custom-built for QF, and surrounded him with weapons. GB doesn't quite look comfortable yet in this offense to say the least. GB, or one of the other QBs will have to help around any potential turnaround. Not expecting Mr. Bohanon to suddenly show pin-point accuracy against ECU, but maybe we're at the point where we start seeing gradual improvement. 

18 minutes ago, USFBulls727 said:

Agreed, and I know I was reaching with that statement. CWT and his staff had an offense custom-built for QF, and surrounded him with weapons. GB doesn't quite look comfortable yet in this offense to say the least. GB, or one of the other QBs will have to help around any potential turnaround. Not expecting Mr. Bohanon to suddenly show pin-point accuracy against ECU, but maybe we're at the point where we start seeing gradual improvement. 

Unfortunately we have have  QB music chairs under Jeff Scott and have not found any offense that was successful or tailored to any specific QB. I guess Hope is our best strategy.

Edited by Outlaw

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,043
  • Days Won:  469

I’m gonna start us at 5-1 just to help out CJS. He had to deal with covid and Strong’s rejects.  The IPF wasn’t on time and Horn got injured.  

We’re so close to a bowl game now!  Bring on Temple!

Football Fans GIF by Temple Owls

• Haha 1

31 minutes ago, Brad said:

I’m gonna start us at 5-1 just to help out CJS. He had to deal with covid and Strong’s rejects.  The IPF wasn’t on time and Horn got injured.  

We’re so close to a bowl game now!  Bring on Temple!

Football Fans GIF by Temple Owls

ARe we playing Temple 6 times?

• Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  957

Conference play is make or break for any coach. It’s a measure of the coaches and team against their peer’s. If CJS wins 3 conference games this year, it would be a success (3-5 in conference given we have gone 0-16 the last two years is a marked improvement). If you just look at a 4-8 record, the context can be lost. A 3-5 conference record and a hypothetical 3-1 ooc record (one P5, one FCS and two low level FBS), we would be bowling. I am extremely disappointed in the BYU and UL games too, BUT, we have to start somewhere and we need to be objective about progress. 

• Upvote 1