• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

GOAL LINE CALLS BLOW GAME AT END!

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  1,031
  • Content Count:  7,497
  • Days Won:  10

Seems to me that it would be a non-issue had we not been called for holding on AJ's touchdown reception from PJ.

Would be not have had the lead?

• Topic Count:  2,696
  • Content Count:  6,928
  • Days Won:  0

I was screaming at the tv for Amari to get in the endzone.  Deep down I knew we were not going to convert there.

when they tackled Amari I felt sick. Had a really bad feeling that bad things were going to happen.... Bad things. We needed Blackwell on the goal line.

I was sick hearing Bowden all game yelling about open recievers that PJ did not see or throw to. I am also sick about hearing how he was a "winged T " QB in high schools. he has been at USF for 4 ling years. If he were going to improve he would have.

P.S. Fire Rod Smith. I eventually cost T Dungy with the Bucs. It may cost CJL....

**** It All.....

• Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  1,334

when they tackled Amari I felt sick. Had a really bad feeling that bad things were going to happen.... Bad things. We needed Blackwell on the goal line.

I was sick hearing Bowden all game yelling about open recievers that PJ did not see or throw to. I am also sick about hearing how he was a "winged T " QB in high schools. he has been at USF for 4 ling years. If he were going to improve he would have.

P.S. Fire Rod Smith. I eventually cost T Dungy with the Bucs. It may cost CJL....

**** It All.....

Considering our season it will take a while to catch up to CJL, we're still at a winning record and likely bowl game.  But if Leavitt wants to be fair to his players and fans, Smith, who has done next to nothing to bring this team forward, needs to go.

• Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  160

I too wondered why they didn't go for the FG when they were backed up to the 5 yard line. Then they tried that gimmic. Okay, perhaps try the reverse, but did they really think Uconn was going to be fooled by that pass play? That deep in the endzone, none of the Uconn defenders would have had a reason to leave their assignments. None of them likely saw or knew where the ball was in the backfield so they would have still been playing their assignments. It was messed up call. Your coach let us off the hook big time. However, USF should not have even been in that position. Uconn needs to find a new punter - just awful....

DW

• Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  80

I completely agree.

We're sitting at Selmon's watching this disaster unfold.  Right before the 4th down play, my wife says "here comes the reverse."  

"Even that idiot won't call the reverse here," I reply.  Sure enough there it was.

So if my wife knows what's coming...

Then we throw long with plenty of time and timeouts?

Rod Smith should have been fired in the locker room.

• Topic Count:  44
  • Content Count:  1,528

The most aggravating thing about that last series is that we didn't use Andre Hall, hands down our best offensive player. We could have used him on 3rd and goal from the 1. I would have rather we used him on 4th and goal from the 6.....at least they stop our best player, not our scrub backup QB. We should have rode Andre to a major bowl game. We failed to utilize him at Pitt, and we didnt give him the ball in crunch time at UConn.