• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

USF Football Press Conf 9/6

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  74
  • Content Count:  2,322
  • Days Won:  2

So Scott said there was a communication issue on defense because they didn’t expect BYU to run up tempo the way they did? I’m sorry, what? How do you not have a plan to adjust to up tempo when a large portion of teams in college run it? What about 2-minute drill? Are we just screwed when that happens? I know exactly what I’m doing it in an opposing offense now. This is a really, really bad look. 

• Upvote 3
  • Crying 1

• Topic Count:  604
  • Content Count:  16,501
  • Days Won:  43

I feel better now 

• Haha 1

• Topic Count:  11
  • Content Count:  266
  • Days Won:  1

Translation: We didn’t think about the up-tempo-thingy. Forgot it existed until BYU came into town. By that time, it was too late………..Pathetic.

• Haha 1

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,087
  • Days Won:  469

Yep no excuses for that...

On the bright side, maybe we learned something about the element of surprise?

• Haha 1

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,272
  • Days Won:  255

Honest question for the fans of our program that tell other fans they can’t live in the past success of our program because they have to get behind CJS and what he is “building” here, how uncomfortable do you feel every press conference CJS gives and he discusses everything here in terms of third person failure but tells everyone to not worry because some time years ago something completely unrelated happened at Clemson and that’s reason for hope? This has to wear thin for everyone at some point, doesn’t it? In 2.5 years you don’t have a single positive that you can point to here as reason for hope? 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  583
  • Content Count:  22,721
  • Days Won:  109

Just now, puc86 said:

Honest question for the fans of our program that tell other fans they can’t live in the past success of our program because they have to get behind CJS and what he is “building” here, how uncomfortable do you feel every press conference CJS gives and he discusses everything here in terms of third person failure but tells everyone to not worry because some time years ago something completely unrelated happened at Clemson and that’s reason for hope? This has to wear thin for everyone at some point, doesn’t it? In 2.5 years you don’t have a single positive that you can point to here as reason for hope? 

You aren't wrong but will let the season play out. 2 or 3 wins and they can shutter the program and put that $300 million to the Medical and Engineering schools.

1 minute ago, CousinRicky said:

You aren't wrong but will let the season play out. 2 or 3 wins and they can shutter the program and put that $300 million to the Medical and Engineering schools.

Can the engineering team at least have battlebots or something we can cheer for?

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  583
  • Content Count:  22,721
  • Days Won:  109

2 minutes ago, puc86 said:

Can the engineering team at least have battlebots or something we can cheer for?

Probably have. Didn't they invent one that goes into destroyed/collapsed buildings?

Just now, CousinRicky said:

Probably have. Didn't they invent one that goes into destroyed/collapsed buildings?

Idk I never tried to cheer for nerd games before but I’m trying to be adaptive to the world in which I live instead of dreaming about the world as i would prefer but cannot control. If sailing comes tumbling down like everything  else I’m willing to give robot wars a shot.

• Haha 1

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  173
  • Content Count:  7,007
  • Days Won:  12

I actually appreciate what he said. We have to move on, or I do at least. We still have 11 games to go. He said we are a better team than what we saw... OK then. We have 11 opportunities for that better team to show up. 

• Upvote 1