• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

After 25 years, I may be done

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  576
  • Content Count:  8,174
  • Days Won:  6

Swore to myself I wouldn’t get season tickets again unless they monitored club access. But the hype got the best of my and I bought tickets Friday.

Couple thoughts:

1. Club seats continue to be a total waste of money. You can buy open market tix and walk in. 

2. The tailgate was good. It remains a good reason / opportunity to get family and friends together consistently. This is the only value I derive from the games. 

• Upvote 1

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  207
  • Content Count:  3,467
  • Days Won:  19

7 minutes ago, cmhatter said:

Club seats continue to be a total waste of money.

Yes.  That sucking sound doesn't just come from the field.  

On the flip side, after being a long-time donor and active booster, the last time I was in town for a game with club tickets, I was told I wasn't allowed in the lounge because I was no longer a season ticket holder. 

• Topic Count:  604
  • Content Count:  16,504
  • Days Won:  43

26 minutes ago, cmhatter said:

Swore to myself I wouldn’t get season tickets again unless they monitored club access. But the hype got the best of my and I bought tickets Friday.

Couple thoughts:

1. Club seats continue to be a total waste of money. You can buy open market tix and walk in. 

2. The tailgate was good. It remains a good reason / opportunity to get family and friends together consistently. This is the only value I derive from the games. 

Glad you are still on board. Things will get better. Go Bulls!

• Topic Count:  576
  • Content Count:  8,174
  • Days Won:  6

2 hours ago, Bull Awakening said:

Glad you are still on board. Things will get better. Go Bulls!

I actually had a lot of fun sans the play on the field. Will be going to the rest of the games even if it’s just for a quarter or two. 

• Upvote 1

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,090
  • Days Won:  469

The Leavitt fiasco and a couple of lost decades has really created mean, bitter USF fans. 

• Topic Count:  604
  • Content Count:  16,504
  • Days Won:  43

1 minute ago, Brad said:

The Leavitt fiasco and a couple of lost decades has really created mean, bitter USF fans. 

Things are finally looking up despite yesterday’s loss. We have about two more seasons to get back up with the 12 team playoffs hopefully starting in 2024

• Topic Count:  196
  • Content Count:  6,619
  • Days Won:  51

42 minutes ago, Bull Awakening said:

Things are finally looking up despite yesterday’s loss. We have about two more seasons to get back up with the 12 team playoffs hopefully starting in 2024

Even if we saw 100% improvement each of the next 2 seasons we wouldn’t even be bowl eligible.  

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,738
  • Days Won:  425

45 minutes ago, Sellular1 said:

Even if we saw 100% improvement each of the next 2 seasons we wouldn’t even be bowl eligible.  

Wouldn't that be 8 wins in 2023?

• Like 1

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  14
  • Days Won:  0

16 hours ago, gmanbull93 said:

Gave up my tickets after the 2020 season after 20 years. It was such a liberating feeling. Today, sadly, I feel vindicated. I have spent enough money and wasted enough hours and effort and don’t miss it one bit. Whenever I want to go, I can….but will never have that feeling that I HAVE to go. Good luck everyone 

I am pretty  much in line with above comment. Have totally lost interest in USF football.

Kelly was begged to cut Charlie Strong loose after two years of lousy football with probably some of our best players. I told anyone who would listen that Strong was destroying our program. Kelly didn't  listen and kept him one more year to make sure our great football program was totally destroyed.  With only three wins in three years our program will be many many years to recover, if ever.

Just so sad!!

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  1,834
  • Content Count:  5,491
  • Days Won:  13

23 minutes ago, OleBull said:

I am pretty  much in line with above comment. Have totally lost interest in USF football.

Kelly was begged to cut Charlie Strong loose after two years of lousy football with probably some of our best players. I told anyone who would listen that Strong was destroying our program. Kelly didn't  listen and kept him one more year to make sure our great football program was totally destroyed.  With only three wins in three years our program will be many many years to recover, if ever.

Just so sad!!

Two years of lousy football?  You mean the first year USF won 10 games (albeit with Taggart's players) and the second season USF started 7-0 (which as all a paper tiger) ??

I mean going 17-8 in two seasons is nearly as good as the best two years under Leavitt (06-07 CJL went 18-8).

The six straight losses to end 2018 was the beginning of the end, and you may have been among the very few who saw it.  Going into 2019 I thought, maybe, he could turn it around... but it was clear when USF was 4-4 in 2019 that it wasn't gonna happen.