• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

After watching one half of Bohanon…

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  222
  • Content Count:  4,210
  • Days Won:  8

4 minutes ago, CousinRicky said:

So no chance to tuck it and take a sack or run? 

The guy had not broke hard when he released the ball.  He still had time to be blocked by the WR.  He has to watch the WR, not the DB on the play.  It's a one man route and he has to look there.  He is expecting the WR's to do their job.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  1,834
  • Content Count:  5,491
  • Days Won:  13

Just now, BullsFanInTX said:

The guy had not broke hard when he released the ball.  He still had time to be blocked by the WR.  He has to watch the WR, not the DB on the play.  It's a one man route and he has to look there.  He is expecting the WR's to do their job.

To be fair, it was a bit of "toss"as opposed to a "throw" -- but even if Bohannon put some "pep" into the pass, without the block it still had a high chance of being picked off.

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,088
  • Days Won:  469

1 minute ago, Jim Johnson said:

To be fair, it was a bit of "toss"as opposed to a "throw" -- but even if Bohannon put some "pep" into the pass, without the block it still had a high chance of being picked off.

I agree.  As it was happening I could see the DB jumping that lane.  I wondered if GB saw that as he was releasing and it was too late to hold on.  It did flutter a bit.

Overall, I thought Bohanon played mediocre to serviceable.  He missed the throw to Horn which would have resulted in a TD, but he also had a lot of drops.  Weaver dropped a potential TD and horn dropped a couple.  But, I saw enough out of GB to think he will be a decent QB in AAC play.  No worse than McClain and potentially a little better.  I like the fact he's a big body and can pick up yardage running the ball.  He will have a good to decent year.  No idea how many wins that will translate to.  He had some great throws to Weaver.

Edited by BullsFanInTX
  • Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  43
  • Content Count:  2,588
  • Days Won:  3

8 hours ago, smazza said:

how can you believe in cjs when he didnt put the offense on the field after winning the cost

WHAT A DUMB MOVE

no one has been a bigger supporter of cjs than me

but what a negative message that sent. he had no confidence in his own offense

I am always a fan of electing to kick first, but I am not a college football coach so 🤷🏻‍♂️ 

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  222
  • Days Won:  1

5 hours ago, BullsFanInTX said:

It was the WR's fault totally.  Go back and watch the replay.  Bohanon is expecting his WR's to block.  It's called teamwork.  Zero percent on Bohanon.  The WR's were supposed to be blocking the guy that had the INT.  The WR's did absolutely nothing and just stood there and let him walk right by.  The guy made a great play, when Bohanon released the ball he was 8-10 yards away from receiver.  He broke hard and picked it off.  Great play and no blocking by WR's.  Learn about how screen passes are supposed to work.  The DB's are supposed to be blocked.

I think also GB had the choice of tucking and running to the left. You’ll see the guard and TE pull that way. Also, we don’t know if the call could of possibly been for a pump and go. A play we used to run to perfection with flowers and adams. Basically if the swing pass isn’t there you can read to the slot and like I said I think his other read was to tuck it and run left. I’m not a football expert but that’s just what I see.

• Like 1

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,737
  • Days Won:  425

5 hours ago, Jim Johnson said:

Well, the point isn't "If Weaver only did his blocked it would have gone to the house."  The point is, it was an interception (and hence pick-6) because he missed his block.  It would have either been incomplete (it was actually a bit high for Battie) or tackled for anywhere from a short loss to a short gain.

The fact it was intercepted had nothing to do with the QB.

He zips the ball to the receiver and the db's not there in time to pick it, your picture is pretty clear on that and simple geometry would bear that out. The pick 6 was a team effort.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Triple B said:

He zips the ball to the receiver and the db's not there in time to pick it, your picture is pretty clear on that and simple geometry would bear that out. The pick 6 was a team effort.

The pick six is a function of the WR not blocking.  Plain and simple.  He blocks and the play goes for positive yardage, period.

• Like 1

• Topic Count:  604
  • Content Count:  16,504
  • Days Won:  43

It was a fluke play. 

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,737
  • Days Won:  425

9 hours ago, BullsFanInTX said:

The pick six is a function of the WR not blocking.  Plain and simple.  He blocks and the play goes for positive yardage, period.

And the qb throwing a pass that hung up there. Both things needed to happen to result in the pick 6. Look at the distance between the db and the receiver, and the qb and the receiver. A ball with anything on it reaches the receiver first.

• Upvote 1