• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

BYU Depth Chart, Game Notes

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  67
  • Content Count:  2,409
  • Days Won:  22

Lot of USF over BYU responses here from 3rd parties

• Topic Count:  486
  • Content Count:  12,475
  • Days Won:  25

16 minutes ago, bulloni said:

Lot of USF over BYU responses here from 3rd parties

Bulletin board material?

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,140
  • Days Won:  39

1 hour ago, Sk00b said:

Let's hope they play and we beat them with their best talent on the field.

I am okay with just winning even if they have the worst talent on the field.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,736
  • Days Won:  425

2 hours ago, Sk00b said:

Let's hope they play and we beat them with their best talent on the field.

52 minutes ago, Rocky Style said:

I am okay with just winning even if they have the worst talent on the field.

Yeah, I really don’t get that sentiment. Anything that helps our chance of winning, I’m all in on ……. Lord knows especially now. May their injuries be non career threatening and they’re good to go AFTER our game. 

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,140
  • Days Won:  39

10 minutes ago, Triple B said:

Yeah, I really don’t get that sentiment. Anything that helps our chance of winning, I’m all in on ……. Lord knows especially now. May their injuries be non career threatening and they’re good to go AFTER our game. 

Especially now.  No one remembers 30 seconds from now in the Tiktok world if we beat a good or bad version of a team.

• Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  187
  • Days Won:  0

from an outsiders perspective, it does seem there is an issue with WR coming into this week 1 for BYU.  Puka Nacua (#12 WR) seems like the main guy, but other news would suggest they're having some issues getting guys healthy.

interested to see if this impacts how much they go to the air for the big plays versus how much success they can find on the ground.

• Topic Count:  67
  • Content Count:  2,409
  • Days Won:  22

35A2064-1200x800.jpg

Thud vs. get ’em down. That was a pretty important distinction for BYU football defenders to keep in mind when they took the field for their first fall camp scrimmage...

Was looking at their board to see what their fans thought of the receiver injuries and saw comments about "how are guys getting hurt when we've scaled back the physicality at practice", so I found this. Sounds like to prevent injuries, they are having their starters just play touch football instead of tackling to the ground. Guys wrap up and the play is over, no tackling to the ground.

This could be to our advantage if we're banging away with Mangham and Gerry (231 and 226) and their linebackers and DB's haven't tackled in live football in 5 months. Not to mention there's a 50 percent chance of rain pretty much all game, I think in the first 2 drives we'll be able to tell if their defense looks soft from this.

Could this be no big deal? Sure. But in the covid year Navy was coming off an 11-2 season where they finished ranked #20th, but due to academy covid restrictions they weren't allowed to tackle in fall camp. That first game after camp they lost to BYU 55-3 and let up 300 yards rushing on 6 yards a carry https://www.espn.com/college-football/matchup?gameId=401234576

• Topic Count:  119
  • Content Count:  6,572
  • Days Won:  28

9 minutes ago, bulloni said:
35A2064-1200x800.jpg

Thud vs. get ’em down. That was a pretty important distinction for BYU football defenders to keep in mind when they took the field for their first fall camp scrimmage...

Was looking at their board to see what their fans thought of the receiver injuries and saw comments about "how are guys getting hurt when we've scaled back the physicality at practice", so I found this. Sounds like to prevent injuries, they are having their starters just play touch football instead of tackling to the ground. Guys wrap up and the play is over, no tackling to the ground.

This could be to our advantage if we're banging away with Mangham and Gerry (231 and 226) and their linebackers and DB's haven't tackled in live football in 5 months. Not to mention there's a 50 percent chance of rain pretty much all game, I think in the first 2 drives we'll be able to tell if their defense looks soft from this.

Could this be no big deal? Sure. But in the covid year Navy was coming off an 11-2 season where they finished ranked #20th, but due to academy covid restrictions they weren't allowed to tackle in fall camp. That first game after camp they lost to BYU 55-3 and let up 300 yards rushing on 6 yards a carry https://www.espn.com/college-football/matchup?gameId=401234576

If it rains we should run Mangum and Albritton ALL Day.