• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

First Coach to be fired this year....

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  959
  • Days Won:  1

4 minutes ago, sparkybull said:

same with taggart, after running away to Oregon and then faceplanting at FSU.

I wonder where frost would end up when he gets canned. maybe another Alabama offensive analyst candidate for nick saban? ;)

I wonder if coaches will start to value stability of being successful at mid level schools and not chase the money so much; probably not, but I hope the CJS find great success here and learns from others mistakes and stays here. 

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  10,916
  • Days Won:  67

1 minute ago, michibull said:

I have to laugh though, Nebraska has been so irrelevant for so long that the kids now don’t realize just how much of a power house they used to be. 

Great point, I remember Mike Grant a fellow Brandon Eagle 88’ playing QB there, once they shitcanned the option they lost all relevance.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  339
  • Content Count:  3,692
  • Days Won:  2

17 hours ago, Friscobull said:

Great point, I remember Mike Grant a fellow Brandon Eagle 88’ playing QB there, once they shitcanned the option they lost all relevance.

Mike Grant is now the Associate Head Coach at Wyoming.  Go Eagles!

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  10,201

17 hours ago, michibull said:

I have to laugh though, Nebraska has been so irrelevant for so long that the kids now don’t realize just how much of a power house they used to be. 

I'm in my early 40s and barely remember them being a power house...it ended In early 2000s. Had a few good years around 2010 it looks like. 

They went 30 years with not one losing season....pretty remarkable. 

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,714
  • Days Won:  424

17 hours ago, michibull said:

I wonder if coaches will start to value stability of being successful at mid level schools and not chase the money so much; probably not, but I hope the CJS find great success here and learns from others mistakes and stays here. 

It's not always just the money they're aspiring to. It depends on what an individual coach wants to attain to in his career. Frost is a little different animal in that regard, considering he'd already won a natty and was going "home" ........ and even though he's of their own, still surprised he's lasted 4 consecutive losing seasons, even with the buyout thing.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  74
  • Content Count:  12,623
  • Days Won:  25

45 minutes ago, Bulls On Parade said:

I'm in my early 40s and barely remember them being a power house...it ended In early 2000s. Had a few good years around 2010 it looks like. 

They went 30 years with not one losing season....pretty remarkable. 

Miami ended their power house and miami is like Nebraska now. They are riding mediocrity  in a power 5 conference.  Only difference  is Miami still produces pro talent but not great results.

35 minutes ago, Triple B said:

It's not always just the money they're aspiring to. It depends on what an individual coach wants to attain to in his career. Frost is a little different animal in that regard, considering he'd already won a natty and was going "home" ........ and even though he's of their own, still surprised he's lasted 4 consecutive losing seasons, even with the buyout thing.

Scott never won a natty....  That is a fantasy land delusion.

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  10,201

1 hour ago, Outlaw said:

Miami ended their power house and miami is like Nebraska now. They are riding mediocrity  in a power 5 conference.  Only difference  is Miami still produces pro talent but not great results.

Scott never won a natty....  That is a fantasy land delusion.

Yea I was about to say Miami is another team that has lost influence as a power house team. But they do produce talent..just don't seem to ever get hired that right coach. 

FSU is also in same boat as Miami and UF is heading that way if this latest coach is a bust. 

• Topic Count:  32
  • Content Count:  581
  • Days Won:  0

19 hours ago, Rob-Bull said:

I wonder how many times Scott Frost says to himself alone at night, "Maybe, just maybe, UCF wasn't such a bad job after all". 

At least a few times a year

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  3,417
  • Days Won:  3

31 minutes ago, Bulls On Parade said:

FSU is also in same boat as Miami and UF is heading that way if this latest coach is a bust. 

So Florida sucks at football? 

• Topic Count:  604
  • Content Count:  16,485
  • Days Won:  43

1 minute ago, Sk00b said:

So Florida sucks at football? 
USF is on the way back up so we will represent Florida soon enough..

• Go Bulls! 1