• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Opinion: USF Football 2022 Season Preview

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,097
  • Days Won:  39

Just now, NewEnglandBull said:

Agreed and that is why I think this team can climb to 6 if things bounce right and we stay injury free…but 5 is most likely. 

I know this is totally ridiculous given that we haven't seen more than 2 wins in I don't know how long...  But I am sitting here wondering if I will be happy with 5 wins LOL!

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

2 minutes ago, Rocky Style said:

I know this is totally ridiculous given that we haven't seen more than 2 wins in I don't know how long...  But I am sitting here wondering if I will be happy with 5 wins LOL!

Well that’s a good point and is personal to each of us. I am thinking I will be ok with it as it’s almost like winning every other week 🤷‍♂️

• Topic Count:  119
  • Content Count:  6,562
  • Days Won:  28

53 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

So you are basing your prediction on a bunch of coaches who were let go or demoted before coming to here and a bunch of players who were not good enough to make their own team? 😂 So who cares if you looked them up and watched their film, they were still not cutting it, and in terms of your player analysis, you see what you want you to want to see, and it is through green glasses (and its not like you are a professional evaluator of talent either). I never heard you say that any of them were "not" any good or "did not play well in certain situation",  which is simply disingenuous with your analysis. Sure what is comming may be better but better than what? A 2-12 team? Ok...but is it better than the other 10 teams we played and lost to last year? Do you think that they just sat around and did nothing as we added? Further, in terms of players from last year, the nucleus is still coming back, so yeah, I'll still base my comments on last year’s team as it still has relevancy. 

But they are our CURRENT coaches and players. Your predictions are based on players and coaches NOT ON THE TEAM. Tell me if that makes any sense?

11 minutes ago, Gatorbull325 said:

But they are our CURRENT coaches and players. Your predictions are based on players and coaches NOT ON THE TEAM. Tell me if that makes any sense?

Correct and my point is that they may be an improvement (I know the QB mostly likely is) but I don't think we can know how good they are until the season has a few games played. The new people produce more questions than than answers. I appreciate your passion but I can't see this team going beyond 6 wins (and that is with a lot of help and some lucky bounces) and will probably settle for 4/5 (with hope that it is 5). Sure if they knock off BYU, Florida, or Ville then we can talk 7/8 wins. But I just can't see that projection right now.    

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,097
  • Days Won:  39

6 minutes ago, Gatorbull325 said:

I feel like this whole debate would dovetail nicely into philosophy in general.

8 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

Correct and my point is that they may be an improvement (I know the QB mostly likely is) but I don't think we can know how good they are until the season has a few games played. The new people produce more questions than than answers. I appreciate your passion but I can't see this team going beyond 6 wins (and that is with a lot of help and some lucky bounces) and will probably settle for 4/5 (with hope that it is 5). Sure if they knock off BYU, Florida, or Ville then we can talk 7/8 wins. But I just can't see that projection right now.    

I'm not even knockings your prediction, my issue is how you act as if my prediction is so far off. Why can't we win 9 or more games?

10 minutes ago, Gatorbull325 said:

I'm not even knockings your prediction, my issue is how you act as if my prediction is so far off. Why can't we win 9 or more games?

You are a good fan Gatorbull and I appreciate the dialogue. I will jump on the 8 win train with a 6-4 start. Get me a 2-2 start and I am good for 6 wins maybe 7. Lets let the season play out. It all starts soon.  

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  10,893
  • Days Won:  67

1 hour ago, Triple B said:

Yet some think that if we don't go to a bowl this year, we start over again ...... which is a ******* ridiculous take and isn't going to happen bar something unforeseen. 

We won’t start over, he will come back but his seat will be hot from the few remaining fans.  I think we can win 6, but we shall see, if we get rolled out of the gate it will be a long year.  

24 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

You are a good fan Gatorbull and I appreciate the dialogue. I will jump on the 8 win train with a 6-4 start. Get me a 2-2 start and I am good for 6 wins maybe 7. Lets let the season play out. It all starts soon.  

You  know it's all love on my end N.E.  We BOTH want this team to get as many wins as they can and that's all that matters my friend. 

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  1,714
  • Days Won:  6

14 minutes ago, Friscobull said:

We won’t start over, he will come back but his seat will be hot from the few remaining fans.  I think we can win 6, but we shall see, if we get rolled out of the gate it will be a long year.  

Very true.  I think he comes back in 2023 even if we go 0-12 this year, but if we don't win at least 5, that seat is going to be scorching going into 2023.  I can also foresee Michael Kelly getting some heat from the fans for extending his contract if they don't win five games this year.