• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Yet another polarizing discussion on the current state of USF Athletics

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  1,722
  • Days Won:  6

2 minutes ago, Outlaw said:

So can anyone justify  why his dad is chief of operations for our program? It seems mk loves giving the Scott family money. That job should be held by head coaches and program builders that actually  won as a coach and have a track record of success as a coach. His did was a solid coordinator but that is it. He was not a program builder  or a successful head coach 

I thought Brad Scott retired 

• Upvote 1

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,087
  • Days Won:  469

This doubling down on how bad CJS is seems like a repeat of what this board went through - for the first time - 12/14 years ago.

People got so pissed and tired of Leavitt only winning 8 or 9 games in the program's first ten years and in a BCS conference that they fully committed their time here to shred him and tell us all how much better we could be.  They'd say Leavitt plateaued and canning him is the best move.  There were dozens of clowns like that - I remember one, after a loss, that said he wanted to skull f*** Leavitt.  It was that bad.  That's how far that group ran with their delusions.  Emotionally unstable and committed to their own false narrative.

Then, they cheered the termination and added some of their own hyperbole to the allegations.  They welcomed the Holtz New Error with celebration - we were finally going to win that elusive national championship!  After all, we are in Florida.  Athletes everywhere.  Just need a coach.

Then of course Holtz flatlined at a lower plateau and those whining critics of Leavitt literally disappeared from this board in bunches.  They talked all sorts of hateful crap, until they got what they wanted and saw it was worse than what they had.  Like they would say in the old days, they couldn't even "man up" and discuss any more, they just left.  Even their "USF Bulls" support and presence on social media took a dive.  Embarassed little shitheads, now shitheads without a team.  

• Upvote 4

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,732
  • Days Won:  425

7 minutes ago, Brad said:

I remember one, after a loss, that said he wanted to skull f*** Leavitt.  It was that bad. 

Whoa ..... at least now we have a more refined group of complainers.

• Haha 3

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,732
  • Days Won:  425

10 minutes ago, Friscobull said:

I thought he stepped down after last year, did we also extend him?

9 minutes ago, USFRaider said:

I thought Brad Scott retired 

Ben Jacobs on Twitter: "This may be the least self aware tweet ever sent" /  Twitter

• Haha 1

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  74
  • Content Count:  12,638
  • Days Won:  25

18 minutes ago, Brad said:

This doubling down on how bad CJS is seems like a repeat of what this board went through - for the first time - 12/14 years ago.

People got so pissed and tired of Leavitt only winning 8 or 9 games in the program's first ten years and in a BCS conference that they fully committed their time here to shred him and tell us all how much better we could be.  They'd say Leavitt plateaued and canning him is the best move.  There were dozens of clowns like that - I remember one, after a loss, that said he wanted to skull f*** Leavitt.  It was that bad.  That's how far that group ran with their delusions.  Emotionally unstable and committed to their own false narrative.

Then, they cheered the termination and added some of their own hyperbole to the allegations.  They welcomed the Holtz New Error with celebration - we were finally going to win that elusive national championship!  After all, we are in Florida.  Athletes everywhere.  Just need a coach.

Then of course Holtz flatlined at a lower plateau and those whining critics of Leavitt literally disappeared from this board in bunches.  They talked all sorts of hateful crap, until they got what they wanted and saw it was worse than what they had.  Like they would say in the old days, they couldn't even "man up" and discuss any more, they just left.  Even their "USF Bulls" support and presence on social media took a dive.  Embarassed little shitheads, now shitheads without a team.  

That is bad and I would never wish ill will on any player or coach. Jeff Scott has just out right sucked and has been a complete dud here.  CJS was supposed to be this offensive guru ,elite offensive developer, and  elite recruiter  of offensive talent. WE have yet to see him actually recruit any stud  offensive HS player. His transfers seem like they could be good, and Gerry seems to be the closet thing to "elite recruit" we have seen.Gerry is still unproven here.  CJS deserves no praise for his performance so far and should have been on thehot seat not rewarded with an extension. If we get blown out and embarrassed versus BYU then should cut ties as soon as possible. CJS brought in a lot of transfers that were ranked higher than the players we replaced and they could help us. On the flip side there usually is a reason why they transferred out.  The new dc and oc bring hope, but there is no guarantee they will do better.  I want to see this team succeed but to praise a one fbs coach that literally cost us wins with game calls and game management is absurd. Brad is still listed on the school's website and no announcement has been made of him being replaced? 

image.thumb.png.156246f2bb2302f56a05b4998d17baee.png

site.png

The official Football Coach List for the University of South Florida Bulls

Edited by Outlaw

• Topic Count:  67
  • Content Count:  2,409
  • Days Won:  22

18 minutes ago, Outlaw said:

That is bad and I would never wish ill will on any player or coach. Jeff Scott has just out right sucked and has been a complete dud here.  CJS was supposed to be this offensive guru ,elite offensive developer, and  elite recruiter  of offensive talent. WE have yet to see him actually recruit any stud  offensive HS player. His transfers seem like they could be good, and Gerry seems to be the closet thing to "elite recruit" we have seen.Gerry is still unproven here.  CJS deserves no praise for his performance so far and should have been on thehot seat not rewarded with an extension. If we get blown out and embarrassed versus BYU then should cut ties as soon as possible. CJS brought in a lot of transfers that were ranked higher than the players we replaced and they could help us. On the flip side there usually is a reason why they transferred out.  The new dc and oc bring hope, but there is no guarantee they will do better.  I want to see this team succeed but to praise a one fbs coach that literally cost us wins with game calls and game management is absurd. Brad is still listed on the school's website and no announcement has been made of him being replaced? 

image.thumb.png.156246f2bb2302f56a05b4998d17baee.png

site.png

The official Football Coach List for the University of South Florida Bulls

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

35 minutes ago, Outlaw said:

So can anyone justify  why his dad is chief of operations for our program? It seems mk loves giving the Scott family money. That job should be held by head coaches and program builders that actually  won as a coach and have a track record of success as a coach. His did was a solid coordinator but that is it. He was not a program builder  or a successful head coach 

He is no longer with the program 

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  74
  • Content Count:  12,638
  • Days Won:  25

Awesome and I was wrong about him still being here and hopefully i get proven wrong about Jeff Scott. Boone did have some success in that role at Oviedo CC.

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  730
  • Days Won:  4

This post is only for those capable of having an open mind.  You know who you are....

2013- (Just two short years after beating ND in their house) USFs new coach went 2-10 and got blown the phuck up at home by an FCS opponent in our most embarrassing loss

2014- USF goes 4-8

2020- (3 years since losing to UCF in their house in arguably most important game in both teams' histories) USFs new coach goes 1-8 in a shortened COVID season

2021- USF goes 2-10

So in two years Willie Taggart had 6 wins out of a possible 24, giving him a whopping .25 win ratio.

In two years Jeff Scott had 3 out of a possible 21 wins for a Mount Everest worthy .14 win rate.

Willie inherited a USF team with more recent P5 wins, P5 recruiting, top 25 rankings, and faced incoming competition (ucf and other new aac teams) that hadn't sniffed relevance or big time success.

Scott inherited a USF team during a pandemic that limited in person coaching/practicing (all things a new coach would need), with competition so good it was being courted from the G5.  Oh and in year 2 one of the conference opponents made the national championship playoffs.  And his OOC SoS was some of the hardest USF ever scheduled.

Having said all that...which at no point did I say game day results were acceptable or justified an extension...but having said all that can you really keep raging about how uniquely awful Jeff Scott is in USF's history?

Edited by Ghostbuster
  • Like 1

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,087
  • Days Won:  469

52 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

He is no longer with the program 

I think he had an aunt in the ticketing operation...

:angrymob:

• Haha 1