• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

The streak is broken. A CCS player has been drafted

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  119
  • Content Count:  6,574
  • Days Won:  28

Just now, Triple B said:

He joined the board less than 2 months. Hasn't been around long enough to "get" you yet ....

I was wondering. I have some classic bad predictions and "L's" on this board. My credibility waa gone years ago. He must be new lol

• Haha 1

• Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  103
  • Days Won:  1

2 hours ago, Gatorbull325 said:

I was wondering. I have some classic bad predictions and "L's" on this board. My credibility waa gone years ago. He must be new lol

Yep.  Fairly new here so I'm not fully up to speed with everyone's "history" here and who being sarcastic vs. serious vs ????  My bad.  Sorry.

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

19 minutes ago, BullShirt said:

Yep.  Fairly new here so I'm not fully up to speed with everyone's "history" here and who being sarcastic vs. serious vs ????  My bad.  Sorry.

I'll fill you in, this thread isn't sarcasm.

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,090
  • Days Won:  469

It doesn’t matter. There is just no need to go on personal attacks on people you don’t know.  If someone is wrong, use you pre-internet manners and correct them, don’t insult them.  Geez this gets old.  

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

7 minutes ago, Brad said:

It doesn’t matter. There is just no need to go on personal attacks on people you don’t know.  If someone is wrong, use you pre-internet manners and correct them, don’t insult them.  Geez this gets old.  

Pre-internet manners would have been the OP coming here and apologizing for starting the thread.

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,090
  • Days Won:  469

Not really. He could admit some confusion on whose recruit it was.  I didn’t. No reason to be a ****. Write that down.  

• Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  103
  • Days Won:  1

9 hours ago, Brad said:

It wasn't my intent to insult him.  I think you and I are sort of coming at this from the same angle though.  To me, "pre-internet" was a group of guys sitting aroung having a beer and talking (in this case) sports.  If someone said "this was a CS guy" and it turned out to be a WT guy he would have said something to the effect of "my bad" (notice I didn't say he had to apologize, we all make mistakes).  But to walk away from the statement and act like he just didn't care is wrong.  He's the one that started the whole conversation so he must care.

"Pre-internet" to me means "face to face" and back then if someone said something that later turned out to be wrong they "owned up to it" and everyone moved on.  No one attacked anyone for mis-remembering something because we all do it.  Instead of posting on this board if we were all sitting around a tailgate party talking about this stuff we'd be much more civilized to each other.   The anonymity of the internet has taken a lot of that away.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  58
  • Content Count:  3,576
  • Days Won:  6

On 5/5/2022 at 1:17 PM, Rocky Style said:

Congrats to him, but I don't think anyone here needs to eat crow.

You know if you "par boil" it first then BBQ it isn't half bad. Kinda a cross between armadillo and possum... 😉

• Topic Count:  58
  • Content Count:  3,576
  • Days Won:  6

Reminds me of Mike White. He does very well at WKU then gets his pro shot after leaving USF. Always tough to watch these guys flounder at USF or stand on the sideline until they choose to leave, then they excel. If you're backing up QF or BJ its a given your playing time will be limited. This season should be a tell.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  583
  • Content Count:  22,724
  • Days Won:  109

3 hours ago, BullShirt said:

It wasn't my intent to insult him.  I think you and I are sort of coming at this from the same angle though.  To me, "pre-internet" was a group of guys sitting aroung having a beer and talking (in this case) sports.  If someone said "this was a CS guy" and it turned out to be a WT guy he would have said something to the effect of "my bad" (notice I didn't say he had to apologize, we all make mistakes).  But to walk away from the statement and act like he just didn't care is wrong.  He's the one that started the whole conversation so he must care.

"Pre-internet" to me means "face to face" and back then if someone said something that later turned out to be wrong they "owned up to it" and everyone moved on.  No one attacked anyone for mis-remembering something because we all do it.  Instead of posting on this board if we were all sitting around a tailgate party talking about this stuff we'd be much more civilized to each other.   The anonymity of the internet has taken a lot of that away.

You are spot on with this take. I've met many of the guys on this Board and, although we disagree strongly on some issues, we get along just fine when we're in each other's company.  

• Upvote 1