• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

The Oracle: Women's basketball faced with roster concerns due to transfer portal

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  295
  • Content Count:  6,846
  • Days Won:  22

Doesn’t sound good.

• Topic Count:  193
  • Content Count:  5,261
  • Days Won:  1

Losing Pinzan would be a major blow

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  583
  • Content Count:  22,719
  • Days Won:  109

11 hours ago, bullsfan27 said:

Losing Pinzan would be a major blow

I've said this earlier. USF's run as a relatively major player may be ending. The only new person on the roster to make a difference this season over last was Dulcy. With Betty and Shae gone to graduations and Pinzan leaving (and her backup Lazcic) there are too many holes to fill. While watching some of the WNCAA tournament there seem to be a lot of foreign players on other teams now. So our pick of those kids won't be the same as in the past.  Gonna have to find some diamonds in the rough in this country.  I know the coaches are out recruiting their butts off right now. And there is one girl signed that is supposed to be very talented. But we are basically turning over the roster.

• Topic Count:  365
  • Content Count:  6,466
  • Days Won:  35

Pinzan deciding to leave is the most concerning aspect. It could be because she looked at the roster and wants one last chance to compete in the tournament. Alternatively, it could be because she isn't happy with the coaching staff. Given the collapse of this team from OOC to conference play, I can't help but think that the players were not all-in this season. 

The good news is that basketball is the easiest sport to turnaround. One or two good recruits or transfers can make all the difference. 

• Topic Count:  176
  • Content Count:  8,612
  • Days Won:  28

25 minutes ago, BullyPulpit said:

The good news is that basketball is the easiest sport to turnaround. One or two good recruits or transfers can make all the difference

Apparently MBB didn’t get that memo

• Haha 1

52 minutes ago, BullyPulpit said:

Pinzan deciding to leave is the most concerning aspect. It could be because she looked at the roster and wants one last chance to compete in the tournament. Alternatively, it could be because she isn't happy with the coaching staff. Given the collapse of this team from OOC to conference play, I can't help but think that the players were not all-in this season. 

The good news is that basketball is the easiest sport to turnaround. One or two good recruits or transfers can make all the difference. 

The rumors I had heard toward the end of the year is that she wanted to go pro and move back to Italy.  So this is a bit of a surprise to me.  Don't know of any rift between her and coach.  Maybe 4 years of listening to the same coach wears thin.  

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  137
  • Days Won:  1

3 hours ago, CousinRicky said:

The rumors I had heard toward the end of the year is that she wanted to go pro and move back to Italy.  So this is a bit of a surprise to me.  Don't know of any rift between her and coach.  Maybe 4 years of listening to the same coach wears thin.  

This sort of sounds similar to Laksa at the end of her career with us. She entered the portal as well, but ended up going pro. Maybe Pinzan just is using this as a sort of formal "I'm leaving the University" notice, not that she plans on joining another school.

3 hours ago, MDBull20 said:

This sort of sounds similar to Laksa at the end of her career with us. She entered the portal as well, but ended up going pro. Maybe Pinzan just is using this as a sort of formal "I'm leaving the University" notice, not that she plans on joining another school.

Difference being that Laksa and CJF had run their course.