• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Throwback Thursday

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  4,751
  • Content Count:  37,676
  • Days Won:  29

Why USF is the University of South Florida - USF South Florida Bulls  Athletics - TheBullsPen.com

• Like 1

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

he was great. a game changer.

• Topic Count:  63
  • Content Count:  2,358
  • Days Won:  8

One of my all-time favorite defensive plays occurs at the 28 second mark, when Selvie strips Kyle Israel as he moves to hand-off to Kevin Smith

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

27 minutes ago, E.T. said:

Why USF is the University of South Florida - USF South Florida Bulls  Athletics - TheBullsPen.com

Doubtful if we get that type of quality player until we get into a better conference. 

And what was amazing ... believe we were his only D1 offer and he was a Center in High School.

The guy was amazingly quick.

• Topic Count:  67
  • Content Count:  2,409
  • Days Won:  22

20 minutes ago, bowman1 said:

One of my all-time favorite defensive plays occurs at the 28 second mark, when Selvie strips Kyle Israel as he moves to hand-off to Kevin Smith

Was surprised to hear the announcer mention he was only 230 pounds. I thought our current defense sucked because they we're undersized. Maybe they just sucked because coaching didn't know how to adjust when you are undersized up front like we did back then.

13 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

Doubtful if we get that type of quality player until we get into a better conference. 

He came on as a 2 star offensive lineman. We just need a coach that can develop talent. I've been as lenient on Jeff Scott as anyone, but year 3 is when the roster is mostly guys that you brought in and you've had 3 seasons to instill a culture. If he's going to see success here we'll see it this year. If not and we win less than 5 games he may not be fired but I'll have seen enough to know Jeff Scott aint it.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  486
  • Content Count:  12,475
  • Days Won:  25

Front porch of the condo we owned a few years ago.

Porch1.jpg

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

52 minutes ago, bulloni said:

Was surprised to hear the announcer mention he was only 230 pounds. I thought our current defense sucked because they we're undersized. Maybe they just sucked because coaching didn't know how to adjust when you are undersized up front like we did back then.

He came on as a 2 star offensive lineman. We just need a coach that can develop talent. I've been as lenient on Jeff Scott as anyone, but year 3 is when the roster is mostly guys that you brought in and you've had 3 seasons to instill a culture. If he's going to see success here we'll see it this year. If not and we win less than 5 games he may not be fired but I'll have seen enough to know Jeff Scott aint it.

He may have been a 2 star but it does not negate the fact he got better. Regardless, if it’s due to coaching up or Selvie’s talent came naturally later, my point was I have not seen that type of defensive talent on this team in years. Yes, this year is a make or break year for CJS for me as well. However, I do think he is going to be successful with 5/6 wins and build from there. 

• Go Bulls! 1

Le quarterback de l'Université de Floride centrale Kyle Israel (7) fumbles  comme il est attaqué par le sud de la Floride défensive fin George Selvie  pendant le premier trimestre que la Floride