• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

WBB= Throwback Unis

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  360
  • Content Count:  4,176
  • Days Won:  56

20 minutes ago, Gat-Rat Bull said:

I was actually wondering why he didn't have the bench in earlier in the game when we were up so big. I figured he wanted to keep his main players going to prep for tournament time. In Jose I trust. 🙂

Agreed. I trust him also, but it wasn't so much the players on the floor that I was thinking about. It was the style of play. We stopped running. Went totally to the half-court offense and ran the shot clock down on every possession for nearly a quarter and a half. I would have liked to see us keep the energy up until maybe the 5/6-minute mark and carry that right into Fort Worth. It's been such a struggle for weeks, I guess I'm hoping to see the team we all expected in the postseason instead of the one that slogged its way through the conference schedule. 

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  583
  • Content Count:  22,719
  • Days Won:  109

2 hours ago, Gat-Rat Bull said:

I would not be surprised if Jose and his recruiting staff have multiple 4 or 5 star international recruits/transfers already lined up. Basing that purely on the past though. 🤷‍♂️

So where are the ones from last year?  That's my concern. He always grabs them but last year's class and transfers haven't panned out so far. Granted, his travel was restricted last season so maybe didn't see many in person.

• Topic Count:  34
  • Content Count:  1,732
  • Days Won:  0

1 hour ago, CousinRicky said:

So where are the ones from last year?  That's my concern. He always grabs them but last year's class and transfers haven't panned out so far. Granted, his travel was restricted last season so maybe didn't see many in person.

Dulcy has been great this season, but she's the only real impact transfer player this season in my opinion. I also like how Sara G. plays, even though it has been a small sample size in terms of her minutes played. Sara could be the next great USF guard; time will tell. There are a few others on the bench that might surprise us. I am hoping, like you, that two or three stars show up ready to contribute next season.

• Topic Count:  34
  • Content Count:  1,732
  • Days Won:  0

3 hours ago, Dave_Glaser said:

We stopped running. Went totally to the half-court offense and ran the shot clock down on every possession for nearly a quarter and a half.

I am not sure why they did this. As you suggested, maybe it was out of respect for Houston's coach. It could just be that USF didn't want to risk an unlikely Houston comeback by allowing more possessions in the second half. Or USF overcompensated in trying not to let Houston's pressure speed them up in the half court. 

My biggest concern with this team for tournament play is their average press break. It's getting better since the UCF game, but still looks a bit shaky sometimes.

• Topic Count:  360
  • Content Count:  4,176
  • Days Won:  56

19 minutes ago, Gat-Rat Bull said:

Dulcy has been great this season, but she's the only real impact transfer player this season in my opinion. I also like how Sara G. plays, even though it has been a small sample size in terms of her minutes played. Sara could be the next great USF guard; time will tell. There are a few others on the bench that might surprise us. I am hoping, like you, that two or three stars show up ready to contribute next season.

Well, at least one of the new signees looks like a plug-and-play kid - Daniele Gonzalez. She made NINE threes in a game this past season and looks like a future star.

• Topic Count:  86
  • Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

5 hours ago, CousinRicky said:

Agree. Part of it was the Houston intensity.  Their coach must have reamed them a new one.  They played as if possessed.  Needed the momentum going into Ft Worth. And, if you were going to just run the clock, the subs should have been in and Alvarez wouldn't have been injured.  Speaking of the subs, if Pinzan and Harvey don't come back I see some darker times next year. Dulcy is the only new player on the team to make a contribution. Everyone else contributing was on the roster last year. 

I like #13 (freshman guard). I think she is a player. Let's see if she is. 

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  583
  • Content Count:  22,719
  • Days Won:  109

1 hour ago, DELdaBull said:

I like #13 (freshman guard). I think she is a player. Let's see if she is. 

May be listed as a FR but was on the roster last year. She does seem to have some potential.