• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

The TBP Official In Game Thread: Bulls vs Tulane-ESPN+

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  1,722
  • Days Won:  6

37 minutes ago, SantaBull said:

We are 2-10 since the announcement of the extension, with the average loss by 16.4 points.

Michael Kelly will never be able to live down this ludicrous extension…….and rightfully so

• Content Count:  125
  • Days Won:  1

8 minutes ago, USFRaider said:

Michael Kelly will never be able to live down this ludicrous extension…….and rightfully so

He will if he never fires him.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  173
  • Content Count:  7,007
  • Days Won:  12

At least for football there's hope... what can we point to either with the roster or with other program investments in mbb? 

• Content Count:  125
  • Days Won:  1

7 hours ago, hm101 said:

At least for football there's hope... what can we point to either with the roster or with other program investments in mbb? 

Is there hope? Even at our best we've never won the conference, let alone the division. Now we are miles away from getting there and if we somehow pull it off, what's the reward? Winning a watered down conference title in the G5.

Since 2010, there there have been 10 G5 schools that have made or are scheduled to make the move to the P5. 

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,736
  • Days Won:  425

9 hours ago, hm101 said:

Only hope with the roster is that they have shown flashes and are still mostly young with not a wealth of experience. The key will be continuity, with the right players staying here .... and the other investment in mbb that's a positive is we still have The Muma.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,736
  • Days Won:  425

1 hour ago, SantaBull said:

Is there hope? Even at our best we've never won the conference, let alone the division. Now we are miles away from getting there

There's always hope. Not that long ago we were a win away from winning the division in two different years and there's no logical reason we can't get up there again.

and if we somehow pull it off, what's the reward? Winning a watered down conference title in the G5.

Since 2010, there there have been 10 G5 schools that have made or are scheduled to make the move to the P5. 

As blasphemous as it sounds, there is college football outside of the P5 and if that's a criteria for fandom for some, I get it .................. don't let the door hit you in the ass on the way out.

• Downvote 1

• Content Count:  1,722
  • Days Won:  6

1 hour ago, SantaBull said:

Is there hope? Even at our best we've never won the conference, let alone the division. Now we are miles away from getting there and if we somehow pull it off, what's the reward? Winning a watered down conference title in the G5.

The only hope I have is that our fortunes in football change when the IPF, and down the road an OCS is built.  That is pretty much it for me.  I like the current players we have, but I have no faith in the current coaching staff.  I can picture an entirely new coaching staff leading the team in 2027 when the OCS potentially opens.

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

2 hours ago, SantaBull said:

I am done worrying about P5 issues. Even if we do get there so what? We aren’t winning a national championship…college football is the most broken system out of all of sports. It’s predicated on history (which we can never catch up), has zero parity (which we can’t be a part of because of history…it will always be between no more than the sane 11 schools), has an invitational for a playoff (see lack of parity), and is starting to become more and more regionalized (see the same 11 teams). Instead, I have stopped watching the SEC, ACC, etc. **** them! I don’t care anymore. I will watch and cheer for USF and that’s it. Game by game, week by week. 

• Topic Count:  51
  • Content Count:  3,357
  • Days Won:  5

14 hours ago, El_Toro_86 said:

Maybe that’s what a Brian Gregory offense does to a player

My co worker here in Auburn told me that a beat writer was comparing AUs three point woes to the worst 3 pt shooting team in the country… yup USF is the gold standard.