• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

The TBP Official In Game Thread: Bulls at UCF Knights- ESPN+

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  207
  • Content Count:  3,453
  • Days Won:  19

On this one, I have to side with the Negative Nellies. I personally really like Gregory and thought we had something building when we finished strong and won the ***** Pill CBI Championship, which now seems like eons ago.  While I wouldn't wish the circumstances that have happened since on any coach, it does seem as though the men's team is just floundering and that there is no plan or clear vision for a path forward.

We have seen a half century of USF basketball with not much to show for it and no real hope for forward progress.    I remember when the coming of Lee Rose and construction of the Sun Dome were going to be the launching pad for future success.   I also remember back when then Head Coach Stan Heath was talking at the dedication Muma Basketball Center that he said, with that facility and the renovated Yuengling Center, USF men's basketball would have "no excuses" for not succeeding. We are now into our third coach since those remarks were made and excuses remain about all we have left with this program.    I am a longtime fan, was a longtime season ticket holder, supporter and actively engaged booster and am still a donor but this is just really sad.  I now rarely watch any games and am growing more distanced from and disenchanted with supporting this team.

I pray that, unbeknownst to me, there are some active plans and efforts afoot among the administration, coaches, boosters and current players to turn this ship around. 

titanic night GIF

• Upvote 3

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  176
  • Content Count:  8,612
  • Days Won:  28

With football, we would always point to our lack of facilities as a reason for ****** performance.  No IPF, no OCS.  Basketball has no excuses.  See CJF and WBB.  MBB has a really nice OCS and a state of the art practice facility,Thank you Mumas, and MBB has been an ever smoldering dumpster fire for as long as I can remember, save a decent year, here or there.  I’m not expecting NCAA appearances from MBB every year, just don’t embarrass the University.

When MK arrived I was optimistic he was the guy to take us out of the cellar with the 2 revenue sports.  He has done a good job with scheduling and fund raising, however, his ability to spot coaching talent is in serious question.  I know I’m beating a dead horse, but to extend CBG and every other coach with the goal of stability is beyond moronic.  In 2022, stability in college athletics is virtually unattainable so to make that a goal shows how out of touch he is. No AD in the history of college athletics has ever done something so stupid.  We’ve had 5 years to evaluate CBG and the conclusion is he sucks and cant coach offense.  We have a large enough database to make that conclusion, and please Covid is not an excuse.  Covid affected every program not just USF.  I’ve lost a tremendous amount of faith in MK and If he whiffs with CJS, he needs to go.  

I’m done blaming coaches for USF’s failure.  It’s time to aim higher.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  295
  • Content Count:  6,832
  • Days Won:  22

Gregory needs to go overseas with Fernandez and get some guys that can shoot threes. Right now is sad to see our team on offense.

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, Cubanbull said:

Gregory needs to go overseas with Fernandez and get some guys that can shoot threes. Right now is sad to see our team on offense.

Maybe Radenko Dobras can tag along and show him where to look.

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  10,885
  • Days Won:  67

3 hours ago, SilverBull said:

On this one, I have to side with the Negative Nellies. I personally really like Gregory and thought we had something building when we finished strong and won the ***** Pill CBI Championship, which now seems like eons ago.  While I wouldn't wish the circumstances that have happened since on any coach, it does seem as though the men's team is just floundering and that there is no plan or clear vision for a path forward.

We have seen a half century of USF basketball with not much to show for it and no real hope for forward progress.    I remember when the coming of Lee Rose and construction of the Sun Dome were going to be the launching pad for future success.   I also remember back when then Head Coach Stan Heath was talking at the dedication Muma Basketball Center that he said, with that facility and the renovated Yuengling Center, USF men's basketball would have "no excuses" for not succeeding. We are now into our third coach since those remarks were made and excuses remain about all we have left with this program.    I am a longtime fan, was a longtime season ticket holder, supporter and actively engaged booster and am still a donor but this is just really sad.  I now rarely watch any games and am growing more distanced from and disenchanted with supporting this team.

I pray that, unbeknownst to me, there are some active plans and efforts afoot among the administration, coaches, boosters and current players to turn this ship around. 

titanic night GIF

This is sad and I don’t know anyone (besides I guess Kelly) that has any confidence in Gregory.  We are mostly unwatchable and I have stopped watching half of the games, soon to be more.   

In 5 years, has CBG recruited 1 pure scorer?  A player with a great outside shot.  If he has, I don’t remember.  

16 minutes ago, El_Toro_86 said:

In 5 years, has CBG recruited 1 pure scorer?  A player with a great outside shot.  If he has, I don’t remember.

To be fair and clear, I can't remember too many that any of our past coaches have recruited either.  Everyone we ever play seems to be able to get shooters but not us.   I think it's the humidity. 

• Topic Count:  295
  • Content Count:  6,832
  • Days Won:  22

27 minutes ago, SilverBull said:

To be fair and clear, I can't remember too many that any of our past coaches have recruited either.  Everyone we ever play seems to be able to get shooters but not us.   I think it's the humidity. 

The SunDome curse. They need a despojo 

• Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  957
  • Days Won:  1

The tragedy of it, is that MBB can have such an amazing effect for us fans. Unlike football, we just need to make the NCAAT and it produces such an amazing experience!! March madness is beyond bowl games. A sports radio station up here dedicates so much time covering every tournament game and has people call in from smaller schools to have their moment in the sun. I know football is king, but March madness is so special and is an achievable goal; I hate that we can’t seem to get it done once in a while. 

Edited by michibull

1 hour ago, SilverBull said:

Dominique Jones  Charlie Bradley  Radenko Dobras

outside of those 3 I got nothing

Edited by El_Toro_86