• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

(Off Topic) GoUSFBulls.com: Record 289 Student-Athletes Earn Athletics Honor Roll

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,250
  • Days Won:  255

18 minutes ago, jchem1995 said:

PUC  what you said was logical!

Usually it is 

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,680
  • Days Won:  108

4 hours ago, puc86 said:

We need to determine that winning is the only thing that matters and then work backwards towards how every single effort points in that direction. We have honestly convinced ourselves that other things matter but those are luxuries winning programs can afford and not fledgling ones. I do not care about personalities, I do not care about college degrees, I do not care about cultures and any other thing you can throw out there to excuse away failure. You play to win the games and that’s the only thing that matters until you start actually doing it. If we win and want to find a balance sure go for it but if it starts costing us wins again, stop it.

So just follow a pro sports team and take a 3 month leave from this board.  And a lot of the pro teams are horrible. Those losers from this weekend - the Packers, the Bucs. I mean what, they can't win a freakin Super Bowl more than 1 year in a row?  Can't either of those teams find a coach? or a QB?  They can't even reach the Championship game. Losers!!!

18 minutes ago, CousinRicky said:

So just follow a pro sports team and take a 3 month leave from this board.  And a lot of the pro teams are horrible. Those losers from this weekend - the Packers, the Bucs. I mean what, they can't win a freakin Super Bowl more than 1 year in a row?  Can't either of those teams find a coach? or a QB?  They can't even reach the Championship game. Losers!!!

When I start complaining about us not winning National championships that’s a pretty fair take, but I’m not complaining about that or even a single game. I’m complaining about how we can’t win any of the games against any of the teams we are supposed to be competitive with every week.

Companies work best when there is a single priority by which all decisions are made and the top of this pyramid is winning. We say nonsensical things about building foundations and doing all the right things at the bottom to then get to the winning at the top. We are half a decade into that nonsensical approach and are not closer to winning than we were when vpmk arrived on campus (if anything it seems like we have flatlined at the bottom and his win graph steeply plunges down).

Win more and whatever nonsense things you think are important fall into place, focus on everything but winning and you will never be here when the next guy comes in and works on it.

If you didn’t extend CJS and told him stfu and win some ******* games or you are ******* fired by the middle of next ******* season and if I see you at any events, smiling one ******* time or you say one thing about culture or Clemson ever again I will personally choke you out. I think you would be pleasantly surprised about how he would miracle himself to 6 wins without issue. 

i would say winning is an afterthought and that’s the problem but it doesn’t seem to matter at all since if you win you get an extension and if you lose you get an extension. 

We gave CBG an extension this season and with that decision VPMK got an extension, if Jim Jones had done something similar there wouldn’t have been a single person that would have died in Jonestown. We somehow have been so beat down by those that continue to fail us that we think they are doing a great job and we should give them more money they can waste on not winning the right way.

2 hours ago, Triple B said:

Not sure what there is or isn't to be ignorant about. It was just a ******* article about how all USF's student-athletes are doing on the student side ........ nothing more, nothing less. There's one posted pretty much every year. The fact that one of our board curmudgeons took it as an opportunity for more redundant whining is pretty funny, and sad, but I guess he's making up for lost time.

I’m glad you are taking some responsibility for your part in this rant 

• Topic Count:  9,896
  • Content Count:  66,077
  • Days Won:  172

this article is a good thing

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,680
  • Days Won:  108

8 hours ago, puc86 said:

When I start complaining about us not winning National championships that’s a pretty fair take, but I’m not complaining about that or even a single game. I’m complaining about how we can’t win any of the games against any of the teams we are supposed to be competitive with every week.

Companies work best when there is a single priority by which all decisions are made and the top of this pyramid is winning. We say nonsensical things about building foundations and doing all the right things at the bottom to then get to the winning at the top. We are half a decade into that nonsensical approach and are not closer to winning than we were when vpmk arrived on campus (if anything it seems like we have flatlined at the bottom and his win graph steeply plunges down).

Win more and whatever nonsense things you think are important fall into place, focus on everything but winning and you will never be here when the next guy comes in and works on it.

If you didn’t extend CJS and told him stfu and win some ******* games or you are ******* fired by the middle of next ******* season and if I see you at any events, smiling one ******* time or you say one thing about culture or Clemson ever again I will personally choke you out. I think you would be pleasantly surprised about how he would miracle himself to 6 wins without issue. 

i would say winning is an afterthought and that’s the problem but it doesn’t seem to matter at all since if you win you get an extension and if you lose you get an extension. 

We gave CBG an extension this season and with that decision VPMK got an extension, if Jim Jones had done something similar there wouldn’t have been a single person that would have died in Jonestown. We somehow have been so beat down by those that continue to fail us that we think they are doing a great job and we should give them more money they can waste on not winning the right way.

You've forgotten my rule of not reading posts this long. I stopped after you said you were complaining. Yep, I know that.

• Haha 1

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,568
  • Days Won:  423

9 hours ago, puc86 said:

I’m glad you are taking some responsibility for your part in this rant 

Who are we kidding, though? Do we really believe you see that article and say to yourself, "You know, I've been ranting for the past month so I'll just let this slide by."    :nope:

1 hour ago, Triple B said:

Who are we kidding, though? Do we really believe you see that article and say to yourself, "You know, I've been ranting for the past month so I'll just let this slide by."    :nope:

The world will never know

2 hours ago, CousinRicky said:

You've forgotten my rule of not reading posts this long. I stopped after you said you were complaining. Yep, I know that.

Just read each paragraph at different times and pretend they are separate posts. I even went back and made paragraphs out of what was originally intended to be one medium sized paragraph because I care.

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

3 minutes ago, puc86 said:

The world will never know

The world will likely figure it out when you make the same post 3 times a day for the next 6 months.