• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

(Off Topic) GoUSFBulls.com: Record 289 Student-Athletes Earn Athletics Honor Roll

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,250
  • Days Won:  255

I miss our partial qualifiers 

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  10,853
  • Days Won:  67

1 minute ago, puc86 said:

I miss our partial qualifiers 

Agreed, yawnwho cares family guy GIF

16 minutes ago, Friscobull said:

Agreed, yawnwho cares family guy GIF

Maybe we can go all in on mathletes and the geobowl 

How is this off topic? There has been a direct correlation between us improving the academics of our athletes and us being ass on the field 

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,569
  • Days Won:  423

4 hours ago, puc86 said:

How is this off topic? There has been a direct correlation between us improving the academics of our athletes and us being ass on the field 

The article has nothing to do with on the field results …. and it’s also about ALL sports and we haven’t been ass in the majority of them.
Now, though, you have a thread to continue your football specific diatribe if so inclined. 

41 minutes ago, Triple B said:

The article has nothing to do with on the field results …. and it’s also about ALL sports and we haven’t been ass in the majority of them.
Now, though, you have a thread to continue your football specific diatribe if so inclined. 

I think the problem is academics should be off topic to athletics and when decided to actually take it seriously instead of just pay it lip service like normal people we saw our programs fail miserably. I wish we had the luxury of this only being a football problem.

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  10,853
  • Days Won:  67

1 hour ago, Triple B said:

Trips, let’s not play ignorant.  All of us know the two sports we need some academic flexibility are the two major revenue sports (FB and MBB).  We are ass in these two and at the end of the day that is all that matters. 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Friscobull said:

Trips, let’s not play ignorant.  All of us know the two sports we need some academic flexibility are the two major revenue sports (FB and MBB).  We are ass in these two and at the end of the day that is all that matters. 

We need to determine that winning is the only thing that matters and then work backwards towards how every single effort points in that direction. We have honestly convinced ourselves that other things matter but those are luxuries winning programs can afford and not fledgling ones. I do not care about personalities, I do not care about college degrees, I do not care about cultures and any other thing you can throw out there to excuse away failure. You play to win the games and that’s the only thing that matters until you start actually doing it. If we win and want to find a balance sure go for it but if it starts costing us wins again, stop it.

• Upvote 2

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,569
  • Days Won:  423

2 hours ago, Friscobull said:

Not sure what there is or isn't to be ignorant about. It was just a ******* article about how all USF's student-athletes are doing on the student side ........ nothing more, nothing less. There's one posted pretty much every year. The fact that one of our board curmudgeons took it as an opportunity for more redundant whining is pretty funny, and sad, but I guess he's making up for lost time.

• Topic Count:  51
  • Content Count:  3,344
  • Days Won:  5

3 hours ago, puc86 said:

We need to determine that winning is the only thing that matters and then work backwards towards how every single effort points in that direction. We have honestly convinced ourselves that other things matter but those are luxuries winning programs can afford and not fledgling ones. I do not care about personalities, I do not care about college degrees, I do not care about cultures and any other thing you can throw out there to excuse away failure. You play to win the games and that’s the only thing that matters until you start actually doing it. If we win and want to find a balance sure go for it but if it starts costing us wins again, stop it.

PUC  what you said was logical!

• Like 1