• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

A look at our Football team for 2022 - New additions, Starting Line-ups & Depth

Message added by Brad,

Updated:

CCS Player No longer on team ---> Will Fowler            
  Transfer from last year or before   Zack Mendoza   (JUCO - Snow College)            
  2022 Recruit   Sainterling, Sebastian RS JR            
  Last minute PWO addition   Matthew McDuffie            
  CJS Recruit   Michael Cucci            
  CCS transition class to CJS   Herring, Jalen FR            
  No longer on the team   Gabe Nealy            
OFFENSE Player 1 Player 2 Player 3 Player 4 Player 5 Player 6 Player 7 Player 8 Player 9
WR-X Weaver, Xavier JR (CCS) Latrell Williams (CCS) Sincere Brown Holden Willis CAMERON COBB (PWO) TRESON EVERETT (PWO) TREY WAGNER (PWO)    
WR-Z Dollison, Omarion SO Ajou Ajou (Clemson) WR 1 Terry, Yusuf RS FR/TR Logan Berryhill Cade Roberts   WR   Garret Reynolds Bailey Purcell    
WR-SL Horn Jr., Jimmy FR Atkins, Sean RS SO Khafre Brown (North Carolina)  Christian Helms Javohn Thomas   WR   Cameron Cobb (PWO) Malcolm Seaborn    
TE Carter, Chris RS JR Chris Mottillo (Penn) Gunnar Greenwald Jayson Littlejohn 
(College of the Sequoias) 
Jackson Long Bronte Gallo (PWO) Flaubert Akepeu COLLIN AFFLECK (PWO)  
RB Mangham, Jaren JR/TR Joiner, Kelley JR Battie, Brian SO (CCS) Mychael Hamilton Michael Dukes (Clemson) K'wan Powell (PWO) Jason Albritton Yasias Young Daylan Felton
QB Gerry Bohanon (Baylor) Katravis Marsh (USF) McClain, Timmy FR Byrum Brown  Jordan Smith (CCS) Gunnar Smith   Ridge Jacobs Ryan Bolduc (PWO) Gavin Gosnell
LT Jennings, Donovan SR Blanchard, Joshua RS SO Drew Cornelius            
LG Harris, Demetris RS SR Andrew Kilfoyl Brock Parry            
OC Cecil, Brad SR Zach Perkins (Maryland) Patric Marconi Alec Valet          
RG Hall, Dustyn RS SO Mike Lofton (UCF)  Cole Best            
RT Jacobs, Demontrey SR/TR Derrell Bailey Jr (Va Tech)  Gannon Lanning            
DEFENSE Player 1 Player 2 Player 3 Player 4 Player 5 Player 6 Player 7 Player 8 Player 9
DE Jonathan Ross (Bowie State) JATORIAN HANSFORD
(Mizzou)
Eddie Kelly DE Vaughn, Jason JR Darrien Grant CHAD ELDER (PWO)      
DT Clyde Pinder Jr DT (UNC) De'Juan Sease Jacquez Williams DT Colby Smith          
DT Rashad Cheney Jr. (Minn) Nick Bags DT (Temple) Jhalin Hobbs DT Danny Gonzalez (PWO)          
DE Yates, Rashawn SR Logan, Tramel SO Bayron Matos (MBB) Keeon Terrell Michael Williams        
MLB Grier, Antonio SR Jhalyn Shuler LB (CC) Mac Harris CJ Ross Hicks, Davon FR Amer Amer JOHNNY EATON (PWO)    
LB Boyles, Dwayne SR DJ Gordon IV  (Minn) Norris, Brian RS JR Helton, Keyon RS JR Reggie Johnson II Deaunte Hunter Dylan Ridolph    
CB Aamaris Brown (Kansas State)  Evans, Daquan JR Ben Knox Tavin Ward   DB            
FS Mekhi LaPointe Will Jones II Jordan Blackmon Lewai Mitchell          
SS Hill, Matthew RS SO/TR Curry, Jayden RS SO Jaelen Stokes Joshua Green CHRIS THOMAS (PWO)        
CB Williams, Christian SO/TR Robinson, TJ RS SO/TR Timarcus Simpson DEQUAN STANLEY AJ Hamilton        
STAR Vincent Davis Townsel, Christopher SO Ray Thornton (Clemson) Tony Newsome          
Special
Teams
Player 1 Player 2 Player 3 Player 4 Player 5 Player 6 Player 7 Player 8 Player 9
PT Stokes, Andrew FR John Cannon Pierse Stainton             
PK, KO Shrader, Spencer JR Colin McCreary              
LS Beardall, Andrew RS JR Gresham, Mack FR              
H Scribner, Kenny RS SO                

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  4,751
  • Content Count:  37,675
  • Days Won:  29

4 minutes ago, CousinRicky said:

I'm not a big football x and o guy but I hear announcers talking about getting low in short yardage situations.  Don't like his chances of getting low.

He probably won't be in those short yardage and goal line plays.

• Upvote 1

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,732
  • Days Won:  425

1 hour ago, NewEnglandBull said:

At the same time you have to be a pretty bad student not make eligibility nowadays. Athletics has all types of tutors and people to help. The only way one does not make grades is if they are lazy.

As a transfer, let's just hope it is something he didn't do here and can be rectified here ..... Having queasy Committee flashbacks.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  103
  • Days Won:  0

4 minutes ago, CousinRicky said:

I'm not a big football x and o guy but I hear announcers talking about getting low in short yardage situations.  Don't like his chances of getting low.

He will take up a lot of space.  With that wingspan, he could occupy two OL and free up some space for the other DL to do some damage.  It will be interesting to see how he has progressed and what situations they use him in.  Looks like they are rolling with Bags and Cheney to start, hopefully Sease is decent and the two greyshirts are coming along as backups. 

Pinder is still on the online roster, so that means there is a chance they can work through this and get him back.  With the way the university is treating athletics now, I at least feel there is a decent chance they get him eligible. 

• Upvote 1
  • Go Bulls! 1

• Topic Count:  119
  • Content Count:  6,571
  • Days Won:  28

10 minutes ago, CousinRicky said:

I would think they would prefer to use him in plays that are more obvious QB throws so that he can bat some balls down or get interceptions. 

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

1 hour ago, Gatorbull325 said:

Many students also aren't devoting a full time job to a sport, hours studying game film, running, lifting weights and practicing. Even with a tutor, it is not as easy. Tutor don't memorize or do the work for you. Let's just hope tis man gets back on track now that he can just focus on his studies.  

I beg to differ…the quality of the tutoring center is unsurpassed. They literally review all of the work for the student athletes who need it. What’s more this is not an option but a requirement for many of them. You have to do a lot to not make eligibility today. As a collegiate student athlete from long ago, I can tell you the set up they have (and I am intimately familiar with USF’s Student Athlete Resource Center) now is unsurpassed and why we rarely here about academic problems. To see someone who does is either not trying or has no concept of time management…sorry but I am not going to feel bad for someone with these academic enhancement opportunities.

Edited by NewEnglandBull

1 hour ago, Triple B said:

As a transfer, let's just hope it is something he didn't do here and can be rectified here ..... Having queasy Committee flashbacks.

Agreed, I am hoping it is course transfer issues and nothing more. 

29 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

I beg to differ…the quality of the tutoring center is unsurpassed. They literally review all of the work for the student athletes who need it. What’s more this is not an option but a requirement for many of them. You have to do a lot to not make eligibility today. As a collegiate student athlete from long ago, I can tell you the set up they have (and I am intimately familiar with USF’s Student Athlete Resource Center) now is unsurpassed and why we rarely here about academic problems. To see someone who does is either not trying or has no concept of time management…sorry but I am not going to feel bad for someone with these academic enhancement opportunities.

You still have to have enough energy to be tutored. I have an office job (Actually work remotely), but I'm still exhausted after work. This man has to fight 300Ib offensive lineman who can bench press 400Ibs daily in addition to the physical requirements of being as football player.  Who knows, maybe he should have asked for help before it became a problem, but bad grades happen. I've seen it happen to the best of them while I was in college. Life happens. Go easy on these kids. 

Edited by Gatorbull325

1 hour ago, Gatorbull325 said:

You still have to have enough energy to be tutored. I have an office job (Actually work remotely), but I'm still exhausted after work. This man has to fight 300Ib offensive lineman who can bench press 400Ibs daily in addition to the physical requirements of being as football player.  Who knows, maybe he should have asked for help before it became a problem, but bad grades happen. I've seen it happen to the best of them while I was in college. Life happens. Go easy on these kids. 

Hey, no one forced him to play football. With the opportunity of a free education comes a price. You have to put out on the field as well as the classroom. One cannot be without the other if you are on an athletic scholarship. You want me to give him a pass because he is tired? Give me a break. Everyone is tired…it’s life but we still have obligations. Funny how the other players get it done and seek help when need it. Sure, there are players who struggle in a class or two but if he is ineligible because of grades then this more than a class or two. Hey, this could be nothing more than summer courses not transferring. If so, this is all moot, and hopefully he can get on the field. But if it’s because of grades at UNC/USF, then cry me a river. 

Edited by NewEnglandBull
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, NewEnglandBull said:

Hey, no one forced him to play football. With the opportunity of a free education comes a price. You have to put out on the field as well as the classroom. One cannot be without the other if you are on an athletic scholarship. You want me to give him a pass because he is tired? Give me a break. Everyone is tired…it’s life but we still have obligations. Funny how the other players get it done and seek help when need it. Sure, there are players who struggle in a class or two but if he is ineligible because of grades then this more than a class or two. Hey, this could be nothing more than summer courses not transferring. If so, this is all moot, and hopefully he can get on the field. But if it’s because of grades at UNC/USF, then cry me a river. 

You are entitled to ur opinion. Of course your shortcomings arent 5on blast 4 people to judge you. 

59 minutes ago, Gatorbull325 said:

You are entitled to ur opinion. Of course your shortcomings arent 5on blast 4 people to judge you. 

No but I am also not getting paid to play a sport either. I said as long as NIL is in play the kid gloves come off. The players are all on social media talking it up about themselves and their brand. Now they are making money. These are not sweet innocent children any longer. This is not amateur players that need protected. They are a part of the system now. Consequently, I’ll hold them to higher standard and criticize them when I believe it is warranted. 

• Upvote 1