• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

USF Basketball schedules the home opener at 4pm on a Tuesday? Seriously? Guess we decided we don't want to sell tixs

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  10,916
  • Days Won:  67

45 minutes ago, jg233 said:

I could maybe understand if the women were playing a real opponent and not a Texas community college, but that is still a stretch.

Hey, this used to be Texas Pan American, a legit D1 University with an endorsement of 1.3 billion dollars or maybe it’s pesos but either way this is a big game.  Whoever scheduled the men before the women should not only be fired but also caned in public, freakin embarrassing. 

Just now, Friscobull said:

Hey, this used to be Texas Pan American, a legit D1 University with an endorsement of 1.3 billion dollars or maybe it’s pesos but either way this is a big game.  Whoever scheduled the men before the women should not only be fired but also caned in public, freakin embarrassing. 

Endowment 

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  1,750
  • Content Count:  17,503
  • Days Won:  13

53 minutes ago, Triple B said:

No idea how much of this USF was in control of. I’m guessing the last thing they would want is a Tuesday mid to late afternoon start for either team. 

USF schedules the OCC games, they knew that either the Mens game or Womans game was scheduled when they signed the contract. This is not a conference game where the AAC tells us who we play and when. 

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,331
  • Content Count:  97,076
  • Days Won:  469

1 hour ago, Triple B said:

No idea how much of this USF was in control of. I’m guessing the last thing they would want is a Tuesday mid to late afternoon start for either team. 

Oh so, the ESPN made us schedule MBB and WBB season openers at home? Hmm.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  1,750
  • Content Count:  17,503
  • Days Won:  13

1 minute ago, Brad said:

Oh so, the ESPN made us schedule MBB and WBB season openers at home? Hmm.

Not only at home, but on the same day. ESPN was so worried about filling the spot on ESPN+ that will attract millions of viewers. 

Couldn't be USF's fault. They never make poor decisions. 

This is if you believe Trips reasoning.

Edited by flsportsfan83

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

Yeah not buying it was espn’s fault. They have the time slots but we actually control the production on campus. No way they could care which game goes first. 

• Topic Count:  583
  • Content Count:  22,719
  • Days Won:  109

3 hours ago, Brad said:

So too have riots. 

Men's team has been the undercard?  I wonder if anyone can expound on the benefits experienced?

Okay, so you aren't happy that the WBB team is getting the better time slot this time.  Will you have to change your flights to get here in time for tipoff?

• Topic Count:  365
  • Content Count:  6,466
  • Days Won:  35

18 minutes ago, CousinRicky said:

Okay, so you aren't happy that the WBB team is getting the better time slot this time.  Will you have to change your flights to get here in time for tipoff?

It might shock everyone to know that the attendance disparity is not nearly as large as they might think. Granted, the women have been helped in the past with the UCONN game, but in the three seasons before last , they were drawing very similar average numbers as the men, actually outdrawing the men in 2017-2018. 

2017-18: Women: 2,682 Men: 2,569

2018-19: Women: 3,087 Men: 3,143

2019-20: Women: 3,002 Men: 3,754

Edited by BullyPulpit

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,331
  • Content Count:  97,076
  • Days Won:  469

28 minutes ago, CousinRicky said:

Tricky, since I am not able to attend I should shut my mouth?  

Ok, then as someone that would try to catch it on TV, won't be possible out here at 3 p.m.  Really won't get many eyes anywhere outside of Tampa, but we never needed them anyway.

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  10,916
  • Days Won:  67

25 minutes ago, BullyPulpit said:

It might shock everyone to know that the attendance disparity is not nearly as large as they might think. Granted, the women have been helped in the past with the UCONN game, but in the three seasons before last , they were drawing very similar average numbers as the men, actually outdrawing the men in 2017-2018. 

2017-18: Women: 2,682 Men: 2,569

2018-19: Women: 3,087 Men: 3,143

2019-20: Women: 3,002 Men: 3,754

Not shocked we have sucked and relatively speaking the women have been good.  They could run the table and I still wouldn’t watch 5 minutes of that no tempo grab ass *********** of a game, I could find a more interesting pick up game to watch in a playground outside the sun dome any day of the week.  

• Topic Count:  365
  • Content Count:  6,466
  • Days Won:  35

35 minutes ago, Friscobull said:

Not shocked we have sucked and relatively speaking the women have been good.  They could run the table and I still wouldn’t watch 5 minutes of that no tempo grab ass *********** of a game, I could find a more interesting pick up game to watch in a playground outside the sun dome any day of the week.  

And that is your opinion and you are absolutely entitled to it, but for some on here to act as if though there was this dramatic difference in attendance between the two programs over the recent past is not the best argument to make for why the men should be playing after the women.