• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Conference realignment "Rumors" "tweets" "etc"

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  604
  • Content Count:  16,501
  • Days Won:  43

10 minutes ago, BDYZR said:

Assuming the NFL talk is legit, why would any conference entertain expansion now? 

Exactly. We will find out in the summer if we see any movement like we have been seeing during the previous summers. I hope whatever happens it is good for college athletics for all if possible. I don’t like hearing the P2 talk as that will only get worse if that does end up happening. No matter what though I am just going to focus on USF and whoever ends up on their schedules. Go Bulls!!

• Go Bulls! 2

• Topic Count:  74
  • Content Count:  2,468
  • Days Won:  19

1 hour ago, BDYZR said:

Assuming the NFL talk is legit, why would any conference entertain expansion now? 

I'm not sure it is an improvement for the Big 10 or SEC, and thus would be hard to get off the ground without their buy in. 

• Upvote 1

25 minutes ago, Mike Stuben said:

I'm not sure it is an improvement for the Big 10 or SEC, and thus would be hard to get off the ground without their buy in. 

Which makes this very interesting seeing that the majority of college football programs don’t reside in the SEC of Big Ten. All the conferences outside of the P2 can figure out a way to make an agreement with the NFL and see if they can get more money than the P2 will if those two conferences decided not to join the NFL’s plans. Would be basically turning the tables on them lol 

• Topic Count:  34
  • Content Count:  1,733
  • Days Won:  0

3 hours ago, 79 Bull said:

As usual, Fiutak has us as the number one expansion candidate in a new listing...

COLLEGEFOOTBALLNEWS.COM

I guess the last paragraph is the kind of positive spin we can get behind? 😄🤘

"Also, like UNLV, consider it a positive that the school isn't amazing at both sports. It was solid last year, but it's not like bringing in, say, UConn or San Diego State on the hoops side - remember, member schools don't want to sign on for nasty games."

• Topic Count:  56
  • Content Count:  4,432
  • Days Won:  19

2 hours ago, Gat-Rat Bull said:

I guess the last paragraph is the kind of positive spin we can get behind? 😄🤘

"Also, like UNLV, consider it a positive that the school isn't amazing at both sports. It was solid last year, but it's not like bringing in, say, UConn or San Diego State on the hoops side - remember, member schools don't want to sign on for nasty games."

Man, if only the Tampa Bay Times could spin for USF like this

• Haha 4

• Topic Count:  79
  • Content Count:  3,001
  • Days Won:  2

Missed this and Hokie Mark's response in the ACC FB blog.  

ACCFOOTBALLRX.BLOGSPOT.COM

This blog is about ACC Football - past glory, what went wrong, and how to fix it and get back to the glory days again.

Bottom Line

I just don't see any clear-cut advantage for the Big XII over the ACC -- but I do see advantages the other way. Unless an ACC school knows 100% that they will end up in either the Big Ten or the SEC, there's no better alternative than to stay put and wait this out, in my opinion - regardless of the fear-mongering from the Big XII and FSU fans!

Edited by Cat941
ETA
  • Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  2,045
  • Days Won:  10

20 minutes ago, Cat941 said:

Missed this and Hokie Mark's response in the ACC FB blog.  

ACCFOOTBALLRX.BLOGSPOT.COM

This blog is about ACC Football - past glory, what went wrong, and how to fix it and get back to the glory days again.

Bottom Line

I just don't see any clear-cut advantage for the Big XII over the ACC -- but I do see advantages the other way. Unless an ACC school knows 100% that they will end up in either the Big Ten or the SEC, there's no better alternative than to stay put and wait this out, in my opinion - regardless of the fear-mongering from the Big XII and FSU fans!

I disagree. If you are a lower ACC team, or teams like UConn, USF, Memphis,... the worst possible strategy is staying put and wait it out. If The ACC loses half its team, and you are Syracuse, Virginia Tech type team, and the Big 12 calls you you jump on the opportunity.

• Topic Count:  79
  • Content Count:  3,001
  • Days Won:  2

3 minutes ago, belgianbull said:

I disagree. If you are a lower ACC team, or teams like UConn, USF, Memphis,... the worst possible strategy is staying put and wait it out. If The ACC loses half its team, and you are Syracuse, Virginia Tech type team, and the Big 12 calls you you jump on the opportunity.

I don't know.  The money coming in from the teams exiting the ACC will be a nice reward for those teams that are staying.  UConn, USF and Memphis will move up as soon as offered.  As the B12 is out of their pro rata adds, G5 movement into the B12 is unlikely.  

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  2,045
  • Days Won:  10

3 minutes ago, Cat941 said:

I don't know.  The money coming in from the teams exiting the ACC will be a nice reward for those teams that are staying.  UConn, USF and Memphis will move up as soon as offered.  As the B12 is out of their pro rata adds, G5 movement into the B12 is unlikely.  

Under the same logic are WSU and OSU happy because the got left behind even though they are probably getting quite a bit of money from the old Pac teams, or would they have rather have been picked up by a top 4 conference? No i believe you try to be in the best possible conference, with the best possible teams and the money will follow. Tv contract can and will always be renegotiated based on value.

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, belgianbull said:

Think the only thing USF is waiting for is for FSU to get out of ACC. 

• Upvote 1