• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Conference realignment "Rumors" "tweets" "etc"

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  74
  • Content Count:  2,468
  • Days Won:  19

Here is the thing. 

The Big 12 are the leftovers that the P2 didn't want. 

The ACC still has the schools the P2 wants, plus the leftovers. 

There is no reason to think the B12 is superior to the ACC even after the P2 takes the schools they want. 

The B12 has lost: Nebraska, Missouri, Texas, Oklahoma, Texas A&M

while the ACC has only lost Maryland.

• Upvote 4

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  2,045
  • Days Won:  10

11 minutes ago, Mike Stuben said:

Here is the thing. 

The Big 12 are the leftovers that the P2 didn't want. 

The ACC still has the schools the P2 wants, plus the leftovers. 

There is no reason to think the B12 is superior to the ACC even after the P2 takes the schools they want. 

The B12 has lost: Nebraska, Missouri, Texas, Oklahoma, Texas A&M

while the ACC has only lost Maryland.

The difference  is the Big 12 has been verry proactive with expansion: The Arizona schools, BYU, Utah, Cincy,....

It will all depend on how many schools the ACC loses. 

2 minutes ago, belgianbull said:

The difference  is the Big 12 has been verry proactive with expansion: The Arizona schools, BYU, Utah, Cincy,....

It will all depend on how many schools the ACC loses. 

I think both the ACC and Big 12 either currently has or soon will have remorse on some of their expansion. 

I am not knocking these fine schools, but I think the leagues will regret taking them:

ACC: SMU, Cal, Stanford

Big 12: Cincy, Houston

Not picking on those schools, just thinking that the choice at the time looked good, but is now not ideal. 

• Go Bulls! 1

• Topic Count:  83
  • Content Count:  1,492
  • Days Won:  0

22 minutes ago, Mike Stuben said:

I think both the ACC and Big 12 either currently has or soon will have remorse on some of their expansion. 

I am not knocking these fine schools, but I think the leagues will regret taking them:

ACC: SMU, Cal, Stanford

Not picking on those schools, just thinking that the choice at the time looked good, but is now not ideal. 

I agree about the ACC, but I doubt the Big XII ever regret taking Houston (see basketball).

• Upvote 1

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  687
  • Content Count:  7,660
  • Days Won:  6

1 hour ago, Mike Stuben said:

I would think UCF before the others.  Unless you think they need trips to our fertile recruiting ground.  I guess that would cover Cincy and Ohio too.  They definitely will second guess Houston (except people will point to basketball).

7 minutes ago, 79 Bull said:

I would think UCF before the others.  Unless you think they need trips to our fertile recruiting ground.  I guess that would cover Cincy and Ohio too.  They definitely will second guess Houston (except people will point to basketball).

Personally, of the 4 they took, here is the order I value the schools:

BYU (brings eyes to tv sets)

UCF (lots of up side, great market)

Cincy (recent success in football, historically good basketball, solid)

Houston (Big 12 is fine in basketball without Houston, and Houston is such a non-factor even in the city of Houston)

I have BYU easily ahead. UCF and Cincy close, and Houston way behind the other 3. 

• Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  960
  • Days Won:  1

23 minutes ago, Mike Stuben said:

Houston (Big 12 is fine in basketball without Houston, and Houston is such a non-factor even in the city of Houston)

I have BYU easily ahead. UCF and Cincy close, and Houston way behind the other 3. 

I actually agree with you. If conferences had stopped at 16 teams, then I think the B12 may regret one or two, but is 20-24 is the goal, they pick good ones. To add, if I were the B12, from the ACC I would avoid BC, NCST or WK and add USF and Tulane before some of them. 

Edited by michibull
  • Like 1

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  2,045
  • Days Won:  10

1 minute ago, michibull said:

I actually agree with you. If conferences had stopped at 16 teams, then I think the B12 may regret one or two, but is 20-24 is the goal, they pick good ones. 

I think Houston and UCF would not have been picked up if the Big 12 would have been aware of the complete Pac implosion.

However, UCF being in the Big 12  might end up being  a benefit to us since a USF-UCF rivalry would be great for everyone involved.

We have seen that a UCF-USF rivalry excites both fan bases, and brings out passions ( the worst and the best out of both fanbases). To the point that an amazing dancer and artist (  the UCF cheerleader) ends up being ridiculed . I am still looking for the dance tutorial since I bet the ladies will love it next time I am at the club.

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,137
  • Days Won:  39

13 minutes ago, belgianbull said:

However, UCF being in the Big 12  might end up being  a benefit to us since a USF-UCF rivalry would be great for everyone involved.

B12 likes getting a random Orlando and WVU on an outpost.  

• Topic Count:  40
  • Content Count:  1,241
  • Days Won:  0

1 hour ago, Mike Stuben said:

That is an insane take. CFLA is easily the worst school in that conference now. If they knew pac schools would come available they never would have taken cf. 

Cincy has past history of being in the big east and is in their footprint, and a far better school. Houston used to be in the conference that turned into the b12 and is a basketball power these days. Cf is fau that went on a hot streak for a few years leading up to expansion. 

Unrelated love seeing fau and uab go down in the first round. I hate everything about the AAC.