• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Conference realignment "Rumors" "tweets" "etc"

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,137
  • Days Won:  39

23 minutes ago, theman123 said:

I’m biased and a prisoner of the moment. But, why isn’t the Big 12 clamoring to lock this rivalry up into its league. 

People are dumb and leaders are usually winging it.  They do what the consultants tell them to do.

Edited by Rocky Style

• Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  960
  • Days Won:  1

Let’s take a step back for a moment. The BIG, SEC and B12 are all at 18 teams. Realistically they are gonna want 2 teams each and stop at 20 (will save on sharing revenue). If this is the case, we can assume Duke/UNC to BIG, FSU/Clem to SEC and probably Stanford/Cal or Mia/VA? That leaves BC, Louisville, NC St, Syracuse, Wake Forest, GT, Pitt, VT, SMU for sure. Add USF, Memphis, Tulane, UCONN, East Carolina, Temple; that is a solid 14 team conference. If they added Army/Navy and Oregon State, Wash St, SDSU, AF, there’s 20 (not to mention the 2 question mark ACC schools) and off we go. 

Edited by michibull

• Topic Count:  79
  • Content Count:  3,001
  • Days Won:  2

• Topic Count:  83
  • Content Count:  1,492
  • Days Won:  0

18 minutes ago, Cat941 said:

Big 12 fans are not okay after losing OK and TX.

• Topic Count:  79
  • Content Count:  3,001
  • Days Won:  2

BLEACHERREPORT.COM

If the ACC ultimately disbands or loses some of its major programs in...

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  74
  • Content Count:  12,638
  • Days Won:  25

8 hours ago, Rocky Style said:

Don't forget all dem Owls.  

Which ones...

• Topic Count:  43
  • Content Count:  2,588
  • Days Won:  3

1 hour ago, Cat941 said:
BLEACHERREPORT.COM

If the ACC ultimately disbands or loses some of its major programs in...

I get that conference execs want to hold these conferences together to make money. I would still like to see all the non-p2 conferences dissolve and go back to regional conferences.

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,137
  • Days Won:  39

5 minutes ago, Peatearpan said:

I get that conference execs want to hold these conferences together to make money. I would still like to see all the non-p2 conferences dissolve and go back to regional conferences.

I like that world 

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  162

Gotta love that Greg Swaim slings everything at the wall and claims victory when something sticks. Just this year he has predicted TAMU will leave the SEC for the B1G and that the SEC was targeting Kansas State, Ok. St., and Texas Tech amongst a few other more logical choices.

If he really has inside “sources” in any conference they’ve made a game out of feeding him bad information and watching him spread it.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  11
  • Content Count:  883

9 hours ago, michibull said:

Let’s take a step back for a moment. The BIG, SEC and B12 are all at 18 teams. Realistically they are gonna want 2 teams each and stop at 20 (will save on sharing revenue). If this is the case, we can assume Duke/UNC to BIG, FSU/Clem to SEC and probably Stanford/Cal or Mia/VA? That leaves BC, Louisville, NC St, Syracuse, Wake Forest, GT, Pitt, VT, SMU for sure. Add USF, Memphis, Tulane, UCONN, East Carolina, Temple; that is a solid 14 team conference. If they added Army/Navy and Oregon State, Wash St, SDSU, AF, there’s 20 (not to mention the 2 question mark ACC schools) and off we go. 

Since TV money is the primary driver of realignment - I think the final "count" per conference depends on TV time slots - which is why a lot of people think the final totals will be closer to 24-28 teams each, long-term (essentially counting 12-14 timeslots per network family over Friday nights/Saturdays in-conference games). We need FSU to go to SEC, raise our profile/budget/athletics investments tremendously over the next 5-10 years, and be regular names for bowls and the NCAAT. Go Bulls.