• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Conference realignment "Rumors" "tweets" "etc"

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  79
  • Content Count:  3,001
  • Days Won:  2

It's really hard to see the ACC going the way of the PAC.  It is going to be 18 teams by the summer.  Comprised of academic and athletic powerhouses.  A natural home for my Bulls. 

All that matters to me is upward mobility for us.  If that means the ACC has to be down to no other FL teams, so be it.  FSU is gone when the settlement is reached IMO.  What is Miami doing?  

Edited by Cat941
ETA
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  960
  • Days Won:  1

20 hours ago, Cat941 said:

It's really hard to see the ACC going the way of the PAC.  It is going to be 18 teams by the summer.  Comprised of academic and athletic powerhouses.  A natural home for my Bulls. 

All that matters to me is upward mobility for us.  If that means the ACC has to be down to no other FL teams, so be it.  FSU is gone when the settlement is reached IMO.  What is Miami doing?  

Agreed, there are good many historic universities left. Not that it would happen, but the ACC should trade Stanford and Cal for UCF and Cincy for geographic purposes. Add in USF, Memphis, Tulane, UCONN and others, the ACC will survive and be decent. Curious if Amazon Prime would give a nice contract. 

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  2,045
  • Days Won:  10

22 minutes ago, michibull said:

Agreed, there are good many historic universities left. Not that it would happen, but the ACC should trade Stanford and Cal for UCF and Cincy for geographic purposes. Add in USF, Memphis, Tulane, UCONN and others, the ACC will survive and be decent. Curious if Amazon Prime would give a nice contract. 

I disagree. First of all I don't believe the ACC would try to kick out the California teams. If they leave it will be on their own volition. Possibly the Big 10 or if the ACC falls apart the Big 12. Second those teams are first class programs both academically and athletically and bring value to the ACC. I would love to play Stanford. 

Furthermore programs like San Diego State, OSU,WSU and Boise State could round out the ACC along with USF, Tulane, and Memphis. But that all will depend on how many teams the ACC loses.

Edited by belgianbull

• Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  960
  • Days Won:  1

20 minutes ago, belgianbull said:

I disagree. First of all I don't believe the ACC would try to kick out the California teams. If they leave it will be on their own volition. Possibly the Big 10 or if the ACC falls apart the Big 12. Second those teams are first class programs both academically and athletically and bring value to the ACC. I would love to play Stanford. 

Furthermore programs like San Diego State, OSU,WSU and Boise State could round out the ACC along with USF, Tulane, and Memphis. But that all will depend on how many teams the ACC loses.

I don’t disagree with you. Stanford and Cal bring A LOT more money, cache and negotiating power than Cincy and UCF. My concern is that having to travel across country for the other 25 sports teams that are not football, it’s ridiculous. These are supposed to be student athletes and it’s the Olympic athletes that are getting the raw end of this deal and nobody is talking about it. Back to the topic at hand, haha. I think the ACC needs to stay in the east coast OR have separate west coast/east coast divisions, in which if I was the ACC, I wouldn’t add anyone east of the Mississippi and just add the P2/MWC teams (to balance the travel) which would be disastrous for USF. 

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  74
  • Content Count:  12,641
  • Days Won:  25

31 minutes ago, michibull said:

I don’t disagree with you. Stanford and Cal bring A LOT more money, cache and negotiating power than Cincy and UCF. My concern is that having to travel across country for the other 25 sports teams that are not football, it’s ridiculous. These are supposed to be student athletes and it’s the Olympic athletes that are getting the raw end of this deal and nobody is talking about it. Back to the topic at hand, haha. I think the ACC needs to stay in the east coast OR have separate west coast/east coast divisions, in which if I was the ACC, I wouldn’t add anyone east of the Mississippi and just add the P2/MWC teams (to balance the travel) which would be disastrous for USF. 

SAdly Power conferences tv contracts only really care about football. Olympic sports and pretty much all other sports take the backseat if you want to sit at the power conference table. 

Edited by Outlaw

• Topic Count:  486
  • Content Count:  12,475
  • Days Won:  25

35 minutes ago, michibull said:

I think the term "Student Athlete" is going the way of the dinosaur. These are paid employees and should be treated as such. There always has been and always will be an upper class, a middle class, and a lower class.

• Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

there will only be 2 major power conferences within 10 years

• Topic Count:  417
  • Content Count:  9,688
  • Days Won:  8

Football and Olympic sports should have different conference affiliations. 

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  3,374
  • Days Won:  5

5 minutes ago, Gismo said:

Football and Olympic sports should have different conference affiliations. 

Wouldn't doubt if that was the direction we were headed

• Topic Count:  79
  • Content Count:  3,001
  • Days Won:  2