• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Conference realignment "Rumors" "tweets" "etc"

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  43
  • Content Count:  2,588
  • Days Won:  3

10 hours ago, olafberserker said:

Pawn Shop Dog GIF by Team Coco

Sexy Long Legs GIF by Tutimon

• Topic Count:  79
  • Content Count:  3,002
  • Days Won:  2

I know it's from a B12 dude...just rumors guys!   All in fun!

• Content Count:  3,899
  • Days Won:  8

As to the Notre Dame discourse, I think the only way a deserving ND gets squeezed out of the playoff is if there is a concerted, coordinated effort to sabotage their status as an independent in an effort to force them to join a conference. I imagine anyone involved with that effort would face some kind of severe financial blowback whenever that coordinated sabotage eventually becomes public knowledge (it always does at some point).

With that in mind, I think there's zero chance they leave a deserving Notre Dame out of the playoff for a similar-in-record SEC or B1G team.

• Upvote 2

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  207
  • Content Count:  3,467
  • Days Won:  19

1 hour ago, Bull Matrix said:
1 hour ago, Outlaw said:

image.png.8baeb39e97d80332a5fcf07af71c498a.png

Expand  

Lol this thread may be getting crazier but Im not talking about that kind of crazy. Heck! Im going to take USF every year so I basically 1 upped T Kelce. USF>Colorado

Kelce's alma mater must be pleased as punch at this declaration.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  207
  • Content Count:  3,467
  • Days Won:  19

10 minutes ago, GoBulls84 said:

With that in mind, I think there's zero chance they leave a deserving Notre Dame out of the playoff for a similar-in-record SEC or B1G team.

I'm not sure I understand what this last part means, but I think there is really only one reason for B1G and SEC to cooperate and that is to promote the interest of the B1G and SEC over anybody else.

1 hour ago, GoBulls84 said:

As to the Notre Dame discourse, I think the only way a deserving ND gets squeezed out of the playoff is if there is a concerted, coordinated effort to sabotage their status as an independent in an effort to force them to join a conference. I imagine anyone involved with that effort would face some kind of severe financial blowback whenever that coordinated sabotage eventually becomes public knowledge (it always does at some point).

Oh I can see it.  Sure they've let ND do their own thing and they've been rewarded for it, but that might not continue.  With the SEC/B1G engaging in a quasi-alliance all other parties are at risk of inequity.  

• Like 1

• Topic Count:  11
  • Content Count:  883
  • Days Won:  1

Notre Dame wont be shut out of the playoff because they are a huge media draw. Damned if the B1G wants them as a full member or not. 

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,140
  • Days Won:  39

1 hour ago, SilverBull said:

Kelce's alma mater must be pleased as punch at this declaration.

Pfizer is thrilled!

• Haha 1

• Content Count:  3,899
  • Days Won:  8

23 minutes ago, Cat941 said:

Oh I can see it.  Sure they've let ND do their own thing and they've been rewarded for it, but that might not continue.  With the SEC/B1G engaging in a quasi-alliance all other parties are at risk of inequity.  

The threat of lawsuits over collusion are what I assume would keep them at bay. I'm gonna go out on a limb and say Notre Dame's resources are far deeper than FSU's and if they thought there was active collusion to keep them out to push them into a conference, they'd no doubt sue every and anyone they had to.

45 minutes ago, GoBulls84 said:

The threat of lawsuits over collusion are what I assume would keep them at bay. I'm gonna go out on a limb and say Notre Dame's resources are far deeper than FSU's and if they thought there was active collusion to keep them out to push them into a conference, they'd no doubt sue every and anyone they had to.

Never a dull moment!  👀