• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Conference realignment "Rumors" "tweets" "etc"

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,119
  • Days Won:  39

1 hour ago, Bull94 said:

we'll all just have to pay for it through higher taxes or increased inflation

Don't try to explain inflation to people.  🤣

"Things cost so much these days."

• Haha 1

• Topic Count:  39
  • Content Count:  2,125
  • Days Won:  6

19 hours ago, Bryson W said:

So the top 50% with an AAC schedule is not bad.

• Like 1

• Topic Count:  604
  • Content Count:  16,483
  • Days Won:  43

1 hour ago, BDYZR said:

Guess I should have been more clear. But, not going to waste my time. Have a great day, if you want to.

Lol love the CWT response. 

1 hour ago, Bull94 said:

so you're on board with the estimated $2.4Billion giveaway to the rays then I guess. Oh wait that includes tax breaks for big business....

I’m still going to be surprised if the Rays end up settling for St Pete. I do believe they will end up in Tampa when it is all said & done. 

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  39
  • Content Count:  2,125

54 minutes ago, Bull Matrix said:

I’m still going to be surprised if the Rays end up settling for St Pete. I do believe they will end up in Tampa when it is all said & done. 

That would be cool I guess but I am not a fan of paying for it either.  That being said, downtown St Pete is lightyears ahead of where downtown Tampa is as far as nightlife.

My big problem, perhaps my only problem with USF is that its off campus situation sucks.  I realize that USF is not in a college town but there is ZERO night life activities off campus.  We are forcing the students to get in a car to go to the stadium or to Ybor or wherever they go.  It is not a walkable university and it should be.  Maybe with the new stadium the area will pick up.

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

4 minutes ago, MMW said:

That would be cool I guess but I am not a fan of paying for it either.  That being said, downtown St Pete is lightyears ahead of where downtown Tampa is as far as nightlife.

My big problem, perhaps my only problem with USF is that its off campus situation sucks.  I realize that USF is not in a college town but there is ZERO night life activities off campus.  We are forcing the students to get in a car to go to the stadium or to Ybor or wherever they go.  It is not a walkable university and it should be.  Maybe with the new stadium the area will pick up.

yeah count me out. I don't want to pay the taxes  for it . downtown tampa is blowing up. water street etc. the billions vinik and gates are investing down there is transforming the area.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  686
  • Content Count:  7,657

2 minutes ago, MMW said:

That being said, downtown St Pete is lightyears ahead of where downtown Tampa is as far as nightlife.

I'm going to respectfully disagree.  I would have said that about St. Pete a couple years ago, but Tampa has now closed the gap.  It's just a bit more spread out.  So many bars and restaurants on, or a short walk from the Riverwalk and streetcar line, Water Street, Sparkman, etc.  The Rays should be in Ybor at the end of the channel.

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

3 minutes ago, 79 Bull said:

I'm going to respectfully disagree.  I would have said that about St. Pete a couple years ago, but Tampa has now closed the gap.  It's just a bit more spread out.  So many bars and restaurants on, or a short walk from the Riverwalk and streetcar line, Water Street, Sparkman, etc.  The Rays should be in Ybor at the end of the channel.

when darryl shaw and cascade(gates) get done with developing it won't even be close.

6 minutes ago, Bull94 said:

yeah count me out. I don't want to pay the taxes  for it . downtown tampa is blowing up. water street etc. the billions vinik and gates are investing down there is transforming the area.

Exactly!  Both Downtown Tampa & Downtown St Pete have turned into hot spots. I live in Channelside area and I am amazed at how fast these areas are x growing.  As for the Rays, I heard there were a few buyers interested in the Rays  to move them to Tampa. However the current ownership has said they have no interest in selling them right now. That could change if that St Pete new stadium deal falls through. We shall see.

• Topic Count:  43
  • Content Count:  3,899
  • Days Won:  8

3 minutes ago, Bull Matrix said:

Exactly!  Both Downtown Tampa & Downtown St Pete have turned into hot spots. I live in Channelside area and I am amazed at how fast these areas are x growing.  As for the Rays, I heard there were a few buyers interested in the Rays  to move them to Tampa. However the current ownership has said they have no interest in selling them right now. That could change if that St Pete new stadium deal falls through. We shall see.

Look at Mr. Moneybags over here. Why haven't you financed the stadium and bought our way into the ACC yet?

• Upvote 1