• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Conference realignment "Rumors" "tweets" "etc"

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  604
  • Content Count:  16,485
  • Days Won:  43

46 minutes ago, Outlaw said:

What crazy conference is this the big acc?

Yeah lol. There are rumors about a ACC/Big12 merger floating around 

• Topic Count:  43
  • Content Count:  3,899
  • Days Won:  8

1 hour ago, John Lewis said:

3D Floating GIF by tracheotommy

I don't know what this is supposed to be referencing, but it brought back to the forefront of my mind one of my daughter's softball team's chants that I had purged in the offseason, so thanks for that I guess

• Content Count:  2,578
  • Days Won:  3

19 minutes ago, GoBulls84 said:

I don't know what this is supposed to be referencing, but it brought back to the forefront of my mind one of my daughter's softball team's chants that I had purged in the offseason, so thanks for that I guess

Well, let’s hear it!

• Content Count:  2,578
  • Days Won:  3

1 hour ago, GoBulls84 said:

LOL, whenever they've got runners on base: "Theeeeere's __ ducks on the pond, get another one on, get a hit right now, get a hit *clap clap*"

I help coach our daughter's 10U team and they're a bunch of loud, rabid animals all season, so I take the offseason to heal my eardrums and purge the chants from memory LOL

I remember playing little league and we would go watch the girl’s softball games and vice Versa. Yea, I remember, they would be rowdy. Almost seemed like they were having more fun playing softball than we were baseball.

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,331
  • Content Count:  97,076
  • Days Won:  469

8 hours ago, John Lewis said:

Winning a Conference Championship should carry more weight in my opinion. 

But SEC >>>x>>ACC

• Upvote 1

• Content Count:  3,899
  • Days Won:  8

16 hours ago, Peatearpan said:

I remember playing little league and we would go watch the girl’s softball games and vice Versa. Yea, I remember, they would be rowdy. Almost seemed like they were having more fun playing softball than we were baseball.

I had a blast playing baseball growing up. Genuinely loved the game and had plenty of fun on game days (even though I was a terrible hitter). That said, it 100 percent feels like a different level of energy in a softball dugout LOL

• Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  411
  • Days Won:  2

On 12/14/2023 at 9:01 AM, GoBulls84 said:

It didn't make sense for UConn for the same reasons that they left the AAC. They were on an island, playing teams that their core fanbase didn't care about in football or basketball. Granted, the Big 12's basketball is much better than the AAC, but they already play basketball in a pretty good Big East, and football is second fiddle there. They would've been an even bigger outlier in the Big 12 than they were in the AAC.

I agree on the reasons for it being an odd fit, but it wasn't UConn that killed it. The Big 12 did. Yormark was very much pushing for it because he's a NYC guy and wants to capitalize on the Big 12 branding itself as the best basketball conference, since football is impossible with the SEC and B1G miles ahead. But the Big 12 schools weren't as hot on the idea, for the same reasons you mentioned and historically bad football. Not just UConn but also the northeast in general. They were given serious consideration to be team #14 if only Colorado came over and the remaining 4 corners stayed to rebuild the PAC. But the dream scenario was always adding existing P5 teams from the PAC to further solidify the Big 12 within the P conferences. They got the 4 corners like they'd hoped so UConn wasn't needed anymore.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,714
  • Days Won:  424

On 12/14/2023 at 1:23 PM, John Lewis said:

3D Floating GIF by tracheotommy

On 12/14/2023 at 3:03 PM, GoBulls84 said:

Reminded me of this .....