• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Conference realignment "Rumors" "tweets" "etc"

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  83
  • Content Count:  1,482
  • Days Won:  0

29 minutes ago, Cat941 said:

Goes on to say this:

Next Expansion Move For The ACC? Add Kansas and UCONN or West Virginia. Or start the process of growing the western wing of the ACC by adding Oregon State and Washington State.

add uconn and usf.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  295
  • Content Count:  6,843
  • Days Won:  22

33 minutes ago, Cat941 said:

Goes on to say this:

Next Expansion Move For The ACC? Add Kansas and UCONN or West Virginia. Or start the process of growing the western wing of the ACC by adding Oregon State and Washington State.

This guy and MVer are two prolific BS posters on Twitter. They constantly post all kind of scenarios and then when finally something hits they act like Nostradamus. 
first off WV and Kansas or any other B12 school would have same problem as the ACC schools because they signed a GOR for their last deal.

• Upvote 1

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,712
  • Days Won:  424

15 minutes ago, Cubanbull said:

This guy and MVer are two prolific BS posters on Twitter. They constantly post all kind of scenarios and then when finally something hits they act like Nostradamus. 
first off WV and Kansas or any other B12 school would have same problem as the ACC schools because they signed a GOR for their last deal.

Ever since this guy said UCONN had a far bigger athletic budget than Memphis, I pretty much ignore him. 

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  1,834
  • Content Count:  5,486
  • Days Won:  13

1 hour ago, Cat941 said:

Goes on to say this:

In a long post about how the ACC is stuck with it's GOR... he seems to forget Kansas and WVU have the same problem in the Big 12.

Nothing really NEW in his really long post.  Just a recap of everything we already knew.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  1,834
  • Content Count:  5,486
  • Days Won:  13

20 minutes ago, Triple B said:

Ever since this guy said UCONN had a far bigger athletic budget than Memphis, I pretty much ignore him. 

He was right about that tho... $99M is far bigger than $62M.  (Source)

image.thumb.png.8622b6ff95156ab72e6667510e318ae3.png

• Topic Count:  79
  • Content Count:  2,980
  • Days Won:  2

4 minutes ago, Jim Johnson said:

In a long post about how the ACC is stuck with it's GOR... he seems to forget Kansas and WVU have the same problem in the Big 12.

Nothing really NEW in his really long post.  Just a recap of everything we already knew.

Typical.  I'm interested to see if the tune ever changes.  Such bias from the more noisy.  

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,712
  • Days Won:  424

1 hour ago, Jim Johnson said:

He was right about that tho... $99M is far bigger than $62M.  (Source)

****, he must have said it the other way around because I checked and those were the figures I remembered ....

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  74
  • Content Count:  12,616
  • Days Won:  25

Every single team from the b12 and acc would join the sec and b1g in a second if they could. Every aac team would join the b12 or acc if they could. So basically there are tiers of power conferences and tiers of g5 conferences. You have power2, mid-power 2, and group of 5 conferences.

Edited by Outlaw
  • Upvote 4

• Topic Count:  43
  • Content Count:  2,578
  • Days Won:  3

36 minutes ago, Outlaw said:

Every single team from the b12 and acc would join the sec and b1g in a second if they could. Every aac team would join the b12 or acc if they could. So basically there are tiers of power conferences and tiers of g5 conferences. You have power2, mid-power 2, and group of 5 conferences.

Maybe we should drop down to FCS and live like kings?

• Topic Count:  11
  • Content Count:  879
  • Days Won:  1

While I think there are B12 teams that would prefer to be with the ACC (WVU, ASU, Utah, Cinci?), the only reason they would be *able* to leave financially is if the next B12 deal is significantly less than the ACC's current deal. There is a good chance that it is lower, but how much lower and would it be financial responsible to exit the B12? Only time will tell. I would not be surprised if the next B12 deal remains flat or falls by $5-10MM/school payout, and even with that, it may not make much sense to leave financially. Schools like Utah and ASU may make the jump regardless to be back with Stanford/Cal, but it would be a stretch to think Cinci/WVU could. 

I know I'm an ACC homer when it comes to USF, but I think the reality that kicks in with the next B12 TV deal once OUT are out and there are no sweetheart extensions will separate the B12/ACC financially by $10-$15MM/year, with the ACCN being a huge factor. For now, I think both conferences are stable (unfortunately) for the next 5 years. If FSU leaves after that, then USF should have the golden ticket if we continue an upward trajectory across all athletics and academics, and perhaps most important - fan support. Buy season tickets, build the OCS, win the conference, support to the school and FAC. 

• Upvote 1