• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Conference realignment "Rumors" "tweets" "etc"

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  604
  • Content Count:  16,501
  • Days Won:  43

31 minutes ago, I like GOOOOLD (and green) said:

The Big 12 is going to have multiple teams in the playoffs each year, don’t be silly.  Even in a down season this year with a bunch of new g5 call ups they finished only slightly behind the Big 10 in the Massey composite rankings and would’ve had two teams.  That’s a quality/deep league that’s getting better with the PAC additions.  I’m not trying to be a naysayer but I think it’s important to be realistic.  

You off come sounding like a UCiF fan to be honest so I can see why you are a big supporter/defender for the big 12. The bottom line is that the ACC has something the big 12 will never have. The location of the Northeast markets. Teams out west get forgotten in this world. With the rumors of Clemson staying in the ACC you won’t be seeing the ACC getting weaker but stronger imo 

Edited by Bull Matrix

20 minutes ago, Bull94 said:

Big 12 might have the better basketball conference this year but it's not even close when comparing their histories. acc is hands down better.

big 12 hasn't had to negotiate a deal since Bally's went bankrupt. live sports streaming bubble is popping.just ask mlb

BTW being back to the negotiating table earlier will actually be worse for them.

All ACC will have to do is add UConn and boom they are the best hoops conference. 

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,736
  • Days Won:  425

2 hours ago, I like GOOOOLD (and green) said:

The Big 12 is going to have multiple teams in the playoffs each year, don’t be silly.  Even in a down season this year with a bunch of new g5 call ups they finished only slightly behind the Big 10 in the Massey composite rankings and would’ve had two teams.  That’s a quality/deep league that’s getting better with the PAC additions.  I’m not trying to be a naysayer but I think it’s important to be realistic.  

1 hour ago, Bull Matrix said:

You off come sounding like a UCiF fan to be honest

Well, he does like GOOOOLD more than green ....

As far as the Big 12 having multiple teams in the playoffs going forward, certainly possible but they're not expanding the playoffs to just have one more P2 get in each year. The drama we had this final year getting to the top 4 is going to be an every year occurrence getting to 12.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

Just now, Triple B said:

As far as the Big 12 having multiple teams in the playoffs going forward, certainly possible but they're not expanding the playoffs to just have one more P2 get in each year. The drama we had this final year getting to the top 4 is going to be an every year occurrence getting to 12.

you could say the same about getting to two in the bcs era.

at least we will argue who should be 12 or 13 compared to 4 or 5. much better.

they still argue about what bubble teams in the basketball tourney got left out and they have 64+ teams in

Big 12 blues…..

AFBF5CD3-2D1C-4F2F-B6DA-D7490E582ED2.png

• Topic Count:  295
  • Content Count:  6,848
  • Days Won:  22

There are some Big12 homers still thinking that they could add FSU or Clemson. They can’t face the fact that neither of those two want anything with B12 which is basically the same as ACC and behind SEC/BigTen

If anyone is paying a big exit fee from the ACC is because they are joining SEC or BigTen otherwise it makes absolutely zero sense.

Now assuming the ACC loses FSU,Clemson, UNC and Virginia to SEC/ BigTen. The facts still remain that moving to the B12 for any other would be a costly move for basically the same position. Adding ACC schools will not increase B12 standing nor payoff and the same goes for the other way.

At the end both ACC and B12 will have ONE spot in CFP.

Looking at both leagues after the 4 exits that I mentioned 

Big12: WV,UC,UCF,Houston,Baylor,Texas Tech,TCU,Oklahoma St,Iowa St,Kansas, Kansas St,BYU,Utah,Arizona St, Arizona,Colorado 

ACC: Syracuse,Boston College,Pitt,Louisville,Virginia Tech,Wake Forest,NCST,Duke, Georgia Tech,Miami,SMU,Stanford,Cal + USF,Oregon St,Washington St + Notre Dame for non football 

Is it really that much better for ACC schools to jump, pay 200 million exit fee for basically same money + CFP access?

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  2,921
  • Days Won:  33

3 hours ago, Bull Matrix said:

You off come sounding like a UCiF fan to be honest so I can see why you are a big supporter/defender for the big 12.  

If I am reading the CFP rankings correctly and we fast forward to 2024, then Arizona (assuming that they win the Big XII CCG) would be the lone Big XII representative in the 12 team playoff.

• Upvote 1

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  74
  • Content Count:  12,641
  • Days Won:  25

3 hours ago, Triple B said:

Listening to a podcast yesterday.  Their opinion was the 12 playoff sports will look like this almost every year 3-4 b1g teams, 3-4sec teams, 1-2acc teams,1-2 b12 teams, and 1 guaranteed g5 spot. So on most years you are going to have 7 or 8 b1g/sec teams , 2-3 b12/acc teams ,and one g5 team. The sec and b1g will get their money and be the p2 and then you will have second tier power conferences.

Edited by Outlaw
  • Upvote 1

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  1,834
  • Content Count:  5,491
  • Days Won:  13

6 hours ago, I like GOOOOLD (and green) said:

I appreciate the thoughtful response, I’m afraid there’s just too much wishful thinking to come to the conclusions you have though.

You don’t know the acc will earn more than the Big12 over the next decade.  The Big 12 currently gets more and they will be able to go to market (again) by the time the supposed inflection point is reached where the ACC was scheduled to earn more.”; this isn’t ’in ‘32-33’’, they will be back in negotiations in 2029-30. The Big 12 has shown the ability to secure a lucrative deal in tough economic times already, something only two other conferences have done.  Further, they have put multiple schools into the playoff since they negotiated that deal which not only gives them even more money ‘than scheduled’ but also gives them credibility to the tv partners for another raise they most assuredly will get.  Let’s not forget that since you brought up the acc ‘growing revenue’ by adding the dregs of two zombie conferences that the Big 12 actually added viably positive revenue generators in new markets as well, far more so than the acc did.  Let’s now tackle the elephant in the room: basketball.  They’ve already cemented themselves as the runaway best conference there and are looking to break off into its own package deal, they’re already playing in Mexico.  They are going to get paid.  They’re probably going to be playing international exhibitions and getting paid for it.  They are so much more forward thinking that it’s borderline irresponsible to assume the acc will be better off.  Multiple schools in the acc will want that action beyond those that join the sec/big 10.

I concede your point the GOR may not open as easily with the three new additions.  I’m not sure that’ll matter in another 7ish years though.  I’m certainly not confident like you are.  

You're assuming the new Big 12 will be worth more per team than today when they start negotiating in 2029-2030.  That is also wishful thinking...  remember, the current Big 12 contract was not a new "go to market" contract -- it was an extension of existing contracts with ESPN and Fox.  With the shifting revenues, especially for ESPN, there is no reason to believe the Big 12 will do any better going forward.  As it was an extension, the Big 12 cannot formally go out into the market until 2030 (one year before the contract expires) -- and yes, I assume if the Big 12 goes that route that both Fox and ESPN will not want to provide that much of an increase.  That is because there are a lot of more expensive properties that expire before the Big 12.

NVGT.COM

Insights and advice on the state of media rights, cord-cutting, OTT, and streaming, and how to be prepared for your property or network's next negotiation.

As for the ACC getting more than the Big 12 -- here is my source... this was in March 2022 when everyone expected the Pac 12 would continue to exist, but the assumptions remain true.  The ACC will pass the Big 12 in revenue per school in 2026.

NVGT.COM

Our team estimated the rise in average Power 5 conference payouts over the next 8 years. You can see from the chart above that each conference’s average payout is...

Edited by Jim Johnson

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,140
  • Days Won:  39

2 hours ago, Cubanbull said:

Is it really that much better for ACC schools to jump, pay 200 million exit fee for basically same money + CFP access?

Big 12 sucks.  It's all about the ACC!