• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Conference realignment "Rumors" "tweets" "etc"

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  43
  • Content Count:  2,578
  • Days Won:  3

4 hours ago, I like GOOOOLD (and green) said:

There’s no such thing as just Clemson and fsu leaving.  When they do the acc as we know it falls apart.  Sure we’ll get picked up, and enjoy games @ cal, Syracuse, WF, BC, Tulane and smu.  A step up but only slightly and with a clear door slamming in our faces from the breakaway we should’ve been a part of years ago that we’re on the wrong side of. 

Remaining ACC teams should just join with B12 at that point in time

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,119
  • Days Won:  39

28 minutes ago, Peatearpan said:

Remaining ACC teams should just join with B12 at that point in time

How dare you?

6 hours ago, Bull Matrix said:

Here is basically what I think will eventually play out…

AC212884-5FEF-4012-9017-F4C7133E9CF5.png

This would be an amazing turn of events for us.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  604
  • Content Count:  16,485
  • Days Won:  43

1 hour ago, Rocky Style said:

How dare you?

This would be an amazing turn of events for us.

Exactly! I do believe the ACC would be better exposure & money compared to the big 12. Heck I do believe ACC will be able to lure some big 12 schools too. Time will tell. ACC is better due by the eastern schools imo. Better to travel for all the sports.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,714
  • Days Won:  424

6 hours ago, I like GOOOOLD (and green) said:

There’s no such thing as just Clemson and fsu leaving.  When they do the acc as we know it falls apart.  Sure we’ll get picked up, and enjoy games @ cal, Syracuse, WF, BC, Tulane and smu.  A step up but only slightly and with a clear door slamming in our faces from the breakaway we should’ve been a part of years ago that we’re on the wrong side of. 

The only breakaway we would have had a shot at was the most recent one, and the lack of sustained winning basically ruined any chance.

• Topic Count:  11
  • Content Count:  879
  • Days Won:  1

10 hours ago, Bull Matrix said:

Here is basically what I think will eventually play out…

AC212884-5FEF-4012-9017-F4C7133E9CF5.png

Love.

Only thing I'd like better than this would involve B12 schools joining the ACC with us (ASU/Zona/Utah +1 Texas school, and Cinci/WVU to get to 24). Those 24 schools can be 4 pods of 6 with protected rivalries and crossover games, minimizing travel west and allowing for regional competition with culturally distinct schools. 

Something like: 

NE: BC/UConn/Pitt/Syracuse/WVU/Cinci

W: Cal/Stan/Utah/ASU/Zona/+1 Texas

South/Central: SMU/USF/Tulane/Miami/Louisville/GaTech

East: UVA/VaTech/UNC/Duke/WF/NCSt

Plenty of geographic diversity for northern schools to play in the south when it gets cold, and enough for western schools to travel to central time zone, so they do not have to go all the way east/NE. Basketball/baseball heavy hitters as well. Academically strong + every sport could be available on ACCN. Or USF joins the BIG with Miami/GaTech/UNC/UVA hehe

Edited by USF_Bullsharks
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  604
  • Content Count:  16,485
  • Days Won:  43

2 hours ago, Triple B said:

The only breakaway we would have had a shot at was the most recent one, and the lack of sustained winning basically ruined any chance.

Hope you are not buying into that Bonzai BS In thinking the ACC is going to implode. The ACC is gonna be fine even after losing FSU and Clemson. I don’t see the big ten expanding soon so I believe ACC picks up UConn & USF and stays strong.

• Topic Count:  83
  • Content Count:  1,482
  • Days Won:  0

The ACC losing FSU and Clemson is no where as devastating to them as the Big 12 losing OK and TX. ACC will still be a more attractive conference than the one with central.

• Upvote 1

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,714
  • Days Won:  424

2 hours ago, Triple B said:

10 minutes ago, Bull Matrix said:

Hope you are not buying into that Bonzai BS In thinking the ACC is going to implode. The ACC is gonna be fine even after losing FSU and Clemson. I don’t see the big ten expanding soon so I believe ACC picks up UConn & USF and stays strong.

That was in response to a post saying we should have been part of expansion years ago, which isn't supportable. Was not about our future ...

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  39
  • Content Count:  2,125
  • Days Won:  6

10 minutes ago, Bull Matrix said:

Since they already have California and Standford, what are the possibilities they pick if Oregon State and Washington State?

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  74
  • Content Count:  12,621
  • Days Won:  25

CLemson and FSU going to the SEC would be great. They would lose more games than they are accustomed to. I think they could be in the upper half, but the new SEC has more power programs than any conference.

Texas 

Oklahoma

LSU

Florida

Gators

Auburn

Bama

If you could add FSU and Clemson to this mix, but anyone going undefeated in the new SEC will be a huge accomplishments.

All have won national championships in the last two decades.

Then you got Tennessee, Ole Miss, Kentucky,  and Mizzou.

The only bad teams in the sec currently are Miss State and Vandy. There are no bye weeks  games like the b1g ,acc, or b12.

• Upvote 1