• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Conference realignment "Rumors" "tweets" "etc"

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  2,038
  • Days Won:  10

31 minutes ago, Bull Matrix said:

Hell yeah! I stand with you all regarding supporting USF no matter who they are playing. Some of my best seasons watching the Bulls was when I was a student and USF’s scheduled featured Morehead St, Drake, Cumberland, Illinois St, Georgia Southern, WKU, The Citadel,Liberty, Hofstra, Kentucky Wesleyan and others. Fun times!! 

Its not about not supporting USF. If that's the way you interpreted what I was saying then you misunderstood me. I will support USF no matter what conference we are in or whom ever we are playing. My point is that if the PAC becomes an option we should consider it. Also who we play matters for the more casual fan; of whom there are more than diehards. I firmly belief that if we played Air Force, Boise, or OSU  this weekend ( still 5-6) there would be more excitement and a bigger crowd then our game against Charlotte.

Forgive me  if I used the who vs whom incorrectly, my English is not the best.

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  604
  • Content Count:  16,485
  • Days Won:  43

3 minutes ago, belgianbull said:

Its not about not supporting USF. If that's the way you interpreted what I was saying then you misunderstood me. I will support USF no matter what conference we are in or whom ever we are playing. My point is that if the PAC becomes an option we should consider it. Also who we play matters for the more casual fan; of whom there are more than diehards. I firmly belief that if we played Air Force, Boise, or OSU  this weekend ( still 5-6) there would be more excitement and a bigger crowd then our game against Charlotte.

Forgive me  if I used the who vs whom incorrectly, my English is not the best.

USF has to be careful to not overplay their hand. Do they jump at the PAC 12 invite or wait for the ACC invite? Fun times ahead!! 

• Go Bulls! 1

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  2,038
  • Days Won:  10

18 minutes ago, Bull Matrix said:

USF has to be careful to not overplay their hand. Do they jump at the PAC 12 invite or wait for the ACC invite? Fun times ahead!! 

Nothing is guaranteed so I would jump on the first offer. There would be nothing to preclude us of joining the ACC after we joined the PAC. Look at Colorado who just went to the Big 12 from the PAC, after having been in the Big 12 previously. USF should be like I have gone through girlfriends throughout my life, go with the best available at a certain given time, while waiting on the one (ACC) until they ready to give me a chance.

Edited by belgianbull
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  43
  • Content Count:  2,578
  • Days Won:  3

22 hours ago, belgianbull said:

It would be to our benefit that this doesn't happen within the next two years. Getting the OCS construction going, compete for AAC titles in both men's basketball and football, and being ranked in the top 25 would be helpful to our case when the AAC or Big 12 look for replacements.

If it happened right now I would be worried that Memphis, Tulane, Boise State, WSU, OSU and San Diego State would be ahead of us.

I mean, State of Florida is always a good market to get into.

It also depends on how much other conferences value western expansion.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  40
  • Content Count:  1,241
  • Days Won:  0

We should leave this dumpster conference and go independent. If that fails there's zero difference between the AAC and the sun belt. Or just shut it down altogether. We're losing nothing by leaving this **** hole conference. 

• Haha 1

• Topic Count:  604
  • Content Count:  16,485
  • Days Won:  43

8 minutes ago, Peatearpan said:

I mean, State of Florida is always a good market to get into.

It also depends on how much other conferences value western expansion.

I don’t see TB being left out for too much longer. Tampa Bay has been growing. 

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,331
  • Content Count:  97,075
  • Days Won:  469

1 hour ago, Bull Matrix said:

USF has to be careful to not overplay their hand.

:roflmao:

• Topic Count:  34
  • Content Count:  1,732
  • Days Won:  0

1 hour ago, belgianbull said:

...waiting on the one (ACC) until they ready to give me a chance.

Yes!! 🔥🔥

Screenshot_20231121-181507.png

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,714
  • Days Won:  424

2 hours ago, belgianbull said:

We wouldnt be in the same conference with Nevada, San Jose State, and New Mexico.

those teams would not make the cut in the new PAC.

It would be USF, Navy, Memphis, Tulane, WSU,OSU, San Diego State, Boise State, Air Force and a few more. All these teams have been ranked recently, and usually make it to bowl games. 

All the teams above would be much better draws than Tulsa, North Texas, Rice, and Charlotte. I kind of surveyed my USF friends that I am still in touch with ( not a large group but enough) and they agree that San Diego State ,Fresno State,  OSU are a few levels up from North Texas, Tulsa and Charlotte.

I don't think any of them draw "much" more. WSU/OSU maybe more because their recent legit P5 status. BSU, possibly because they actually were a brand in the not too distant past and Air Force because military academy/MacDill. The rest, throw 'em in a blender. The attendance for those games would rely on how USF is doing, to a point. I agree that the teams you mentioned are a step up over the ones you mentioned but not enough to warrant that big of a jump ....unless they're a top 15, possibly, coming in.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,714
  • Days Won:  424

1 hour ago, DontPushMe said:

We should leave this dumpster conference and go independent. If that fails there's zero difference between the AAC and the sun belt. Or just shut it down altogether. We're losing nothing by leaving this **** hole conference. 

I do appreciate your consistency .....