• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Conference realignment "Rumors" "tweets" "etc"

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  2,045
  • Days Won:  10

17 minutes ago, Bull Matrix said:

Big 12 pretty much got themselves into a pickle. They over expanded

I don't think they over expanded. They acted while the ACC and PAC sat back. Between the Big 12, ACC, and the Pac, the Big 12 was able to strike first by adding BYU, Cincy, and all the Pac teams. The ACC responded by adding teams like SMU and Cal, two teams the Big 12 didn't want. Stanford though was a great add. The Pac is now dead, and during the next expansion period I believe the Big 12 will have a leg up on the ACC; which works out for us since  the ACC will have to backfill programs they lose.

Edited by belgianbull

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,141
  • Days Won:  39

1 minute ago, belgianbull said:

I don't think they over expanded. They acted while the ACC and PAC sat back. Between the Big 12, ACC, and the Pac, the Big 12 was able to strike first by adding BYU, Cincy, and all the Pac teams. The ACC responded by adding teams like SMU and Cal, two teams the Big 12 didn't want. The Pac is now dead, and during the next expansion period I believe the Big 12 will have a leg up on the ACC; which works out for us since since the ACC will have to backfill programs they lose.

If only there were a juicy CFB program in Tampa Bay to solve all their problems...

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

20 minutes ago, belgianbull said:

I don't think they over expanded. They acted while the ACC and PAC sat back. Between the Big 12, ACC, and the Pac, the Big 12 was able to strike first by adding BYU, Cincy, and all the Pac teams. The ACC responded by adding teams like SMU and Cal, two teams the Big 12 didn't want. Stanford though was a great add. The Pac is now dead, and during the next expansion period I believe the Big 12 will have a leg up on the ACC; which works out for us since  the ACC will have to backfill programs they lose.

acc is well ahead of big 16 even if they lose clemson and fsu. far superior academically and athletically. money is basically the same.

just because you collect a bunch of leftovers doesn't mean you're in a better position.

the big 12 after losing the top half of their conference added the bottom of the pac 12 and top 3 in aac.

that doesn't move them ahead of acc who hasn't lost a member since south carolina in the 70's.

Edited by Bull94

• Topic Count:  96
  • Content Count:  4,078
  • Days Won:  14

14 hours ago, 79 Bull said:

Army talks continue, decision "upcoming" as it's been for 2 months.  Trey on CGT said yesterday he heard another stumbling block is who pays the $35 million in penalties and pay games for cancelling/moving 80 future games Army is committed to as an independent.

HEROSPORTS.COM

The AAC is considering adding Army to the league. Read more about Army's...

Hey, if we're going to be stuck in the AAC for a while, we might as well play more teams that people have "heard of" nationwide.  I hope they get this through.

• Topic Count:  604
  • Content Count:  16,501
  • Days Won:  43

8 minutes ago, Bull94 said:

acc is well ahead of big 16 even if they lose clemson and fsu. far superior academically and athletically. money is basically the same.

just because you collect a bunch of leftovers doesn't mean you're in a better position.

I agree. ACC has the big Eastern markets. Syracuse, BC, Pitt, Va., GT, etc. If anything, the ACC will raid the big 12 and either USF ends up in ACC or big 12 whenever that happens.

12 minutes ago, Bull94 said:

the big 12 after losing the top half of their conference added the bottom of the pac 12 and top 3 in aac.

that doesn't move them ahead of acc who hasn't lost a member since south carolina in the 70's.

You may be right, but I think it will depend on how many teams the ACC loses. If its just FSU, Clemson, and North Carolina the ACC will be ok. However, if its more then just those three and they lose Georgia Tech, North Carolina State, and Miami as well the ACC will be in loads of trouble. It will also depend on whether the Big 12 can hold on to Kansas and Oklahoma State.

Either way we will see a a chess match between the ACC and Big 12, and whichever conference loses out is the conference  we  are likely to land in. A strong ACC would be my preference since it makes more sense geographically, but i am fine with the Big 12 as well.

• Topic Count:  486
  • Content Count:  12,475
  • Days Won:  25

We all know that USF would be on the fastest train out of town if offered by any P5 conference, but, would joining the PAC be a wise move knowing that two to four ACC teams are leaving? Probably sooner than later. Would the PAC allow USF to write in an exit clause? Probably not. So does USF gamble...again?

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

5 minutes ago, belgianbull said:

You may be right, but I think it will depend on how many teams the ACC loses. If its just FSU, Clemson, and North Carolina the ACC will be ok. However, if its more then just those three and they lose Georgia Tech, North Carolina State, and Miami as well the ACC will be in loads of trouble. It will also depend on whether the Big 12 can hold on to Kansas and Oklahoma State.

Either way we will see a a chess match between the ACC and Big 12, and whichever conference loses out is the conference  we  are likely to land in. A strong ACC would be my preference since it makes more sense geographically, but i am fine with the Big 12 as well.

I honestly don't think the sec or big 18 have any interest in most of those teams you listed.

heck I'm not sure they want fsu and clemson.

fsu was publicly begging for an invite,even said they were willing to pay the $300m buyout(or whatever it is), and all we heard were crickets from those conferences.

2 minutes ago, BDYZR said:

We all know that USF would be on the fastest train out of town if offered by any P5 conference, but, would joining the PAC be a wise move knowing that two to four ACC teams are leaving? Probably sooner than later. Would the PAC allow USF to write in an exit clause? Probably not. So does USF gamble...again?

I haven't really followed the latest on the Pac, but is there still a possibility that the Pac survives? 

A best of the rest PAC conference, with OSU, WSU, Fresno State (All three teams are ranked right now), Boise State, San Diego State, service academies, Memphis, Tulane, and USF would be a decent conference in my opinion, and i believe we should jump on the first opportunity that is presented to us since nothing is guaranteed in the future.

if the ACC or Big 12 were to knock on our door at a later date we could always still jump even if it costs us financially. Look at Colorado who went from Big 12 to Pac, back to Big 12.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  3,686
  • Days Won:  14

1 hour ago, belgianbull said:

Wazzu and OSU:

college gameday sport GIF

• Haha 1