• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Conference realignment "Rumors" "tweets" "etc"

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  194
  • Content Count:  6,783
  • Days Won:  3

3 minutes ago, Outlaw said:

Then start charging them for class,housing,food, and books.

So, what we want to do is put the 'student athlete' myth to bed once and for all. End of story: enroll at our school and participate in our football program, for however long you want - you can transfer elsewhere if you don't like it here. We'll pay you a salary, and you agree to pay for books & tuition for x-number of classes. This applies only to the big money machine of football; we'll keep the girl's tennis and softball configurations as is. Maybe it's time we split off this particular division of our corporation. 

• Upvote 1

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Content Count:  2,347
  • Days Won:  0

20 hours ago, Jim Johnson said:

"We're now poised to get the rules stricken that prevent conferences and schools from making NIL payments," said Steve Berman, one of the lead attorneys for the plaintiffs. "That's going to be huge for these athletes."

WWW.USATODAY.COM

A federal district judge granted class-action status to an anti-trust lawsuit against the NCAA and the nation’s top college conferences.

There needs to be some kind of salary cap. It will get even more out of hand without restraints.

• Topic Count:  79
  • Content Count:  2,980
  • Days Won:  2

WWW.CBSSPORTS.COM

Just because conference realignment may have slowed does not mean college football's (long) season of change is over

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  74
  • Content Count:  12,616
  • Days Won:  25

May be an image of 1 person, playing football and text that says 'The state of Colorado hasn't witnessed a beatdown that bad since 24 hours ago 70-20'

May be an image of ‎text that says '‎Potential ۔F Fraud å Remind Me Message slide to answer‎'‎

Edited by Outlaw
  • Haha 1

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  9,756

40 minutes ago, Cat941 said:

So to become the most attractive tallest midget do we need to up the makeup game or should we be looking at a boob job and other plastic surgery? How far off the ACC criteria do we think we are?

13 minutes ago, Roaming Bull said:

So to become the most attractive tallest midget do we need to up the makeup game or should we be looking at a boob job and other plastic surgery? How far off the ACC criteria do we think we are?

My take is that there's nothing we can do to be attractive to them right now.  They don't want to dilute their revenue and don't need another FL school at the moment.   They seem very cutthroat with everyone looking out for themselves in this time of uncertainty.  What we can do is get better.  Win and build, rinse and repeat.  Be ready to buy our way in, if given the chance ala SMU/Calford.

republican national convention rnc GIF by Election 2016

• Topic Count:  62
  • Content Count:  3,698
  • Days Won:  7

I feel like we’re going to be brought into the ACC when it’s not really the ACC anymore but we’ll sell it to everyone like it’s a move up, which is will be..but not the move up that it currently is. It’s going to be a diluted remnant of the present and the money will flow out and into the consolidated Power 3 conferences. We should be weary of an invite to the ACC out of the blue when we aren’t ready for it, if we’re being honest with ourselves. I could be wrong but I wouldn’t be shocked if we got invited in 2025 for entry in 2026 if we are successful this season and next. But at the same time, the big boys of the ACC are trying to get out and leave the conference. It’ll be a step up for us but it’s not the rise to the top that we would hope to achieve. Maybe we’ll get there eventually if we can dominant in that new ACC. 

15 minutes ago, USFBulls12 said:

I feel like we’re going to be brought into the ACC when it’s not really the ACC anymore but we’ll sell it to everyone like it’s a move up, which is will be..but not the move up that it currently is. It’s going to be a diluted remnant of the present and the money will flow out and into the consolidated Power 3 conferences. We should be weary of an invite to the ACC out of the blue when we aren’t ready for it, if we’re being honest with ourselves. I could be wrong but I wouldn’t be shocked if we got invited in 2025 for entry in 2026 if we are successful this season and next. But at the same time, the big boys of the ACC are trying to get out and leave the conference. It’ll be a step up for us but it’s not the rise to the top that we would hope to achieve. Maybe we’ll get there eventually if we can dominant in that new ACC. 

That rings true.  A move up, although welcome, really doesn't change much regarding our journey as we will be seeking continued improvement (and domination to use your word).  Need to win while we're in the AAC and if/when given the opportunity, win at the next stop.  It's likely that our move to a better conference will be in response to losses of brands in said conference.  

Edited by Cat941
grammar
  • Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  9,756

13 minutes ago, USFBulls12 said:

ACC=Big East?

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1