• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Conference realignment "Rumors" "tweets" "etc"

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  687
  • Content Count:  7,660
  • Days Won:  6

1 hour ago, John Lewis said:

Love the idea, but the reality would be that we'd only see UCF and FIU in our OCS.

Wouldn't mind a 1 for 2 that we have with UF and Miami, but they aren't going to agree to that when we move into the OCS.

Wonder how this could work out...since we can't schedule 2 for 1's with UF, Miami and FSU due to the OCS, we schedule one payday game at their stadium and in return they come to Tampa and play a "neutral site" game at RayJay where we split the ticket revenue, sponsorship fee and stadium costs??  Could that work somehow so we would still have 6 games at the OCS but this one would not be a "home" game like every other year?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  486
  • Content Count:  12,475
  • Days Won:  25

Apparently some people think when it's obviously not a strong suite.

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  2,921
  • Days Won:  33

20 minutes ago, 79 Bull said:

Wonder how this could work out...since we can't schedule 2 for 1's with UF, Miami and FSU due to the OCS, we schedule one payday game at their stadium and in return they come to Tampa and play a "neutral site" game at RayJay where we split the ticket revenue, sponsorship fee and stadium costs??  Could that work somehow so we would still have 6 games at the OCS but this one would not be a "home" game like every other year?

That certainly could be an option.

We had discussed the Notre Dame game here in 2029. That could be a game where it's played at RJS.

• Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  103
  • Days Won:  1

34 minutes ago, John Lewis said:

The OCS fixes many things. 

FSU, UF, and Miami are not going to schedule true home and homes with us since the 1 for 2 precedent has already been established with UF and Miami. That could certainly change if we move to a better league.

If we schedule UCF, then we shouldn't ask, or accept, anything less that 1 for 1.

But if  all the big attendance games (ND, UF, FSU, Miami, etc.) are at Ray Jay doesn't that defeat the purpose of an OCS?  At a cost of $300 Million how do you put enough butts in the seats at an OCS with games against FAU, Charlotte, UNT, etc.?

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,140
  • Days Won:  39

10 minutes ago, BullShirt said:

But if  all the big attendance games (ND, UF, FSU, Miami, etc.) are at Ray Jay doesn't that defeat the purpose of an OCS?  At a cost of $300 Million how do you put enough butts in the seats at an OCS with games against FAU, Charlotte, UNT, etc.?

Whew the answer to this one is obvious to me but this may be one of those topics where people are not going to see eye to eye.  On a very overwhelming average, we are not scheduling big opponents at home (see conference).  We should build a location that suits our needs that is expandable if and when we are lucky enough to get the call up again someday.

Otherwise we are still having fun on campus for generations in a "right sized" venue.  

• Topic Count:  43
  • Content Count:  2,588
  • Days Won:  3

1 hour ago, John Lewis said:

The OCS fixes many things. 

FSU, UF, and Miami are not going to schedule true home and homes with us since the 1 for 2 precedent has already been established with UF and Miami. That could certainly change if we move to a better league.

If we schedule UCF, then we shouldn't ask, or accept, anything less that 1 for 1.

Agreed, especially that last line.

4 minutes ago, Rocky Style said:

Whew the answer to this one is obvious to me but this may be one of those topics where people are not going to see eye to eye.  On a very overwhelming average, we are not scheduling big opponents at home (see conference).  We should build a location that suits our needs that is expandable if and when we are lucky enough to get the call up again someday.

Otherwise we are still having fun on campus for generations in a "right sized" venue.  

Call me crazy but I'm not just looking at "having fun on campus for generations".  I'm also looking at how do you service the $300 Million debt to build the OCS?  (aka paying the bills, crazy I know).  We've been lead to believe in this thread and elsewhere that USF doesn't make much money playing at Ray Jay but we are also being told that the big teams that will draw a good crowd (ND, UF, FSU, etc.) won't play at USF's OCS.  Is that because the OCS will be viewed as "too small" or is the attraction of playing at Ray Jay greater than the attraction of playing against USF?  Just curious.  To me it's all inter-related.

4 minutes ago, Peatearpan said:

Agreed, especially that last line.

Yes, absolutely.  Home and home against UCF.  Barring that Ray Jay and the "Citrus Bowl".

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,140
  • Days Won:  39

1 minute ago, BullShirt said:

I'm also looking at how do you service the $300 Million debt to build the OCS?  (aka paying the bills, crazy I know).

I hear what you are saying there but I am deferring to USF on the risk analysis on the financing.  That's out of my ballpark.  I think donations will increase once you give someone an emotional connection and reason to get back on campus regularly.  

Personally, I wouldn't mind using a neutral site for massive games (rare) and being on campus for 90% of our normal games.  Then promise the P5 conferences we will expand later if and when the TV money flows in and bigger opponents are forced to play us.

Seems like an obvious play to me, but I'll defer the financing to the USF leadership.  I am just a customer / alum saying what I would like.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,736
  • Days Won:  425

7 hours ago, 00Bull said:

I’ll never understand the POV of not wanting to play your biggest rival. 

They’re not our biggest rival if we’re not playing them for something on a regular basis ….

Edited by Triple B
  • Upvote 1