• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Conference realignment "Rumors" "tweets" "etc"

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  604
  • Content Count:  16,501
  • Days Won:  43

8 hours ago, Gismo said:

USF would be a money maker for the Big12 with an annual USF-UCF match up getting huge ratings. Also helps give a stronger Big12 presence in Florida for recruiting. 

I’d much prefer USF play in the the ACC though. Much more respected universities and more same time zone travel. 

But does USF want to be in an ACC without FSU, Clemson, or UNC? And that needs to travel to Cal and Stanford? 

If we eventually end up in a power conference (Big12 or ACC) I’d like to resume the annual matchup with UCF. It doesn’t benefit UCF until USF is in a better conference and a better team though so UCF won’t agree to it until then. I think the match up is good for both programs because it brings the fans out and has good ratings. Ratings drive the media deals. 

Good question. Either USF is in ACC & has an annual game against Miami or thet will be in big 12 having an annual game against UCiF. Either way I think USF will end up landing in a good spot as long as we start winning 

• Topic Count:  43
  • Content Count:  2,588
  • Days Won:  3

8 hours ago, Gismo said:

USF would be a money maker for the Big12 with an annual USF-UCF match up getting huge ratings. Also helps give a stronger Big12 presence in Florida for recruiting. 

I’d much prefer USF play in the the ACC though. Much more respected universities and more same time zone travel. 

But does USF want to be in an ACC without FSU, Clemson, or UNC? And that needs to travel to Cal and Stanford? 

If we eventually end up in a power conference (Big12 or ACC) I’d like to resume the annual matchup with UCF. It doesn’t benefit UCF until USF is in a better conference and a better team though so UCF won’t agree to it until then. I think the match up is good for both programs because it brings the fans out and has good ratings. Ratings drive the media deals. 

What about years where both teams are bad? Would ratings work for those seasons?

• Topic Count:  43
  • Content Count:  2,588
  • Days Won:  3

39 minutes ago, Bull Matrix said:

Good question. Either USF is in ACC & has an annual game against Miami or thet will be in big 12 having an annual game against UCiF. Either way I think USF will end up landing in a good spot as long as we start winning 

If we get in the ACC why wouldn’t we also have an annual game against UCF? That’s an easy ooc game for rivalry week.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  110
  • Content Count:  5,407
  • Days Won:  10

31 minutes ago, Peatearpan said:

If we get in the ACC why wouldn’t we also have an annual game against UCF? That’s an easy ooc game for rivalry week.

No Thank You Reaction GIF

• Topic Count:  110
  • Content Count:  5,407
  • Days Won:  10

I have not missed dealing with their fans.  Let's not reestablish a bad relationship.  I'd like people to never think of us and UCF together.

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  40
  • Content Count:  1,241
  • Days Won:  0

7 minutes ago, Grateful Dad said:

I have not missed dealing with their fans.  Let's not reestablish a bad relationship.  I'd like people to never think of us and UCF together.

Yeah this is my take. Never associate with them again. They used that relationship to launch past us and were miserable along the way.

I'd prefer a rebuilt pac over the big 12 just to avoid them. 

• Topic Count:  207
  • Content Count:  3,467
  • Days Won:  19

8 minutes ago, Grateful Dad said:

Let's not reestablish a bad relationship.

Best not to stay friends with an abusive ex unless they can help you out in advancing your conference realignment interests.

Sarcastic Gold Digger GIF by Amazon miniTV

• Topic Count:  604
  • Content Count:  16,501
  • Days Won:  43

1 hour ago, Peatearpan said:

Let’s see if USF can get into the ACC first before we worry too much about that game. 

• Topic Count:  96
  • Content Count:  4,078
  • Days Won:  14

39 minutes ago, Bull Matrix said:

Let’s see if USF can get into the ACC first before we worry too much about that game. 

Let's see if USF can win a game (FBS level game) before we worry too much about anything else.

Edited by MaltLiquorBull
  • Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  454
  • Days Won:  0

1 hour ago, DontPushMe said:

Yeah this is my take. Never associate with them again. They used that relationship to launch past us and were miserable along the way.

I'd prefer a rebuilt pac over the big 12 just to avoid them. 

Odd to blame UCF for USF’s failures.

I’ll never understand the POV of not wanting to play your biggest rival. 

• Upvote 1
  • ???? 1