• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Conference realignment "Rumors" "tweets" "etc"

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  604
  • Content Count:  16,446
  • Days Won:  43

9 minutes ago, Cat941 said:

I won’t be surprised to see big 12 add those two especially if & when they get raided by the P3

• Topic Count:  77
  • Content Count:  2,961
  • Days Won:  2

This is related to the adverse effect of realignment on the travel burden.   Auburn has SEC revenues to help them.  

• Topic Count:  43
  • Content Count:  2,567
  • Days Won:  3

7 hours ago, Bull Matrix said:

Good to see the MWC is struggling more than the AAC lol. That will be interesting to see next season when they start taking to top 6 rated conference champs for the playoffs. An under the radar team like USF can probably sneak in & shock the world..

I think that would shock us too. 😂 

• Haha 2

• Topic Count:  77
  • Content Count:  2,961
  • Days Won:  2

4 minutes ago, Bull Matrix said:

21AAA36D-22D5-4E9C-A95A-86EB19292705.png

That's right.  I think we have to take the chance and move up now if there's any opportunity - 2-PAC if they want us.  The ACC is not guaranteed.  

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  3,685
  • Days Won:  14

6 minutes ago, Cat941 said:

That's right.  I think we have to take the chance and move up now if there's any opportunity - 2-PAC if they want us.  The ACC is not guaranteed.  

I’ve seen some discussion about how the ACC adding Stanford, Cal, and SMU might complicate things for USF, because they’ll want to create a western wing using Big 12 schools.

That may be true the closer we get to 2030, but if FSU leaves sooner (like in the next year or two), the Big 12’s GOR will prevent it. Our best shot is to be added to the ACC with UConn and/or Tulane in the next few years, assuming we are at least mediocre in FB and BB and FSU and Clemson leave. 

However, yes I agree, we should work with 2PAC if they’re building a “best of the rest” conference with a short-term (5 year?) GOR. ACC opportunity may never come. But a PAC rebuild seems unlikely at this point. 

• Like 1

• Topic Count:  604
  • Content Count:  16,446
  • Days Won:  43

25 minutes ago, TallyBull said:

I’ve seen some discussion about how the ACC adding Stanford, Cal, and SMU might complicate things for USF, because they’ll want to create a western wing using Big 12 schools.

That may be true the closer we get to 2030, but if FSU leaves sooner (like in the next year or two), the Big 12’s GOR will prevent it. Our best shot is to be added to the ACC with UConn and/or Tulane in the next few years, assuming we are at least mediocre in FB and BB and FSU and Clemson leave. 

However, yes I agree, we should work with 2PAC if they’re building a “best of the rest” conference with a short-term (5 year?) GOR. ACC opportunity may never come. But a PAC rebuild seems unlikely at this point. 

Either way. Let’s say the ACC holds strong and takes some western big 12 schools. Will USF be invited if FSU leaves? Better yet , will big 12 back fill with bringing in USF to help after they are raided?? Hopefully we see USF stand out better by winning so we get picked by either one 

• Like 1
  • Go Bulls! 1

• Topic Count:  417
  • Content Count:  9,687
  • Days Won:  8

USF would be a money maker for the Big12 with an annual USF-UCF match up getting huge ratings. Also helps give a stronger Big12 presence in Florida for recruiting. 

I’d much prefer USF play in the the ACC though. Much more respected universities and more same time zone travel. 

But does USF want to be in an ACC without FSU, Clemson, or UNC? And that needs to travel to Cal and Stanford? 

If we eventually end up in a power conference (Big12 or ACC) I’d like to resume the annual matchup with UCF. It doesn’t benefit UCF until USF is in a better conference and a better team though so UCF won’t agree to it until then. I think the match up is good for both programs because it brings the fans out and has good ratings. Ratings drive the media deals. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  194
  • Content Count:  6,777
  • Days Won:  3

7 hours ago, Gismo said:

Ratings drive the media deals. 

True, but you don't want to rely on one game for your ratings boost. You want people watching USF games for the sake of USF, not who is USF playing against. Think in terms of huge ratings for USF-UCF and the abysmal ratings for USF-North Texas. Then the question becomes, although USF is in a large media market, are they really drawing eyeballs with some regularity? We've touched on this when talking Rutgers and NYC...a hard case to make, but outside of Rutgers - what is there for NYC? Is it as close as you're ever going to get? Would that apply to U of SF?