• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Conference realignment "Rumors" "tweets" "etc"

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  2,921
  • Days Won:  33

4 hours ago, Bull94 said:

TCUs were in the 30's.

Back when they beat LSU in the sugar bowl 3-2.

and Carnegie Tech in the sugar bowl to go 11-0.

I guess go ahead and add them. Might as well put UCF in there too.

still doesn't come close to acc

Texas and Oklahoma are in the SEC

Texas and Oklahoma are not yet in the SEC.

Your list of both ACC and Big XII National Champions basically show team who won their National Championships when they weren’t members of their respective conferences.

Let’s go back to 1990 and I believe the ACC has GT, FSU, and Clemson while the Big XII has Oklahoma and Texas. Nebraska could also be included in that list.

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

19 hours ago, John Lewis said:

Texas and Oklahoma are not yet in the SEC.

Your list of both ACC and Big XII National Champions basically show team who won their National Championships when they weren’t members of their respective conferences.

Let’s go back to 1990 and I believe the ACC has GT, FSU, and Clemson while the Big XII has Oklahoma and Texas. Nebraska could also be included in that list.

only big 16 fans would try to argue that their conference is on acc level. it's not even close. football or basketball.

I consider current members to determine the quality of the conference today. no matter where they were in the past.

who cares how good the big 16 was back in the 90's. they lost half the teams from then. it has nothing to do with the quality of the conference today.

go ahead and keep texas and ou in there even though they have one foot out the door. it's still not even close

this discussion started when the deranged wvu twitter guy posted that the big 16 , as in the leftovers after this year, are somehow going to poach fsu and clemson.

It's laughable. acc is heads and shoulders better than big 16. that's not even considering the exit fees they would have to pay.

Edited by Bull94
  • Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  85
  • Content Count:  2,019
  • Days Won:  2

This is about how I feel about all of it:

• Haha 3

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  2,921
  • Days Won:  33

2 hours ago, Bull94 said:

only big 16 fans would try to argue that their conference is on acc level. it's not even close. football or basketball.

I consider current members to determine the quality of the conference today. no matter where they were in the past.

who cares how good the big 16 was back in the 90's. they lost half the teams from then. it has nothing to do with the quality of the conference today.

go ahead and keep texas and ou in there even though they have one foot out the door. it's still not even close

this discussion started when the deranged wvu twitter guy posted that the big 16 , as in the leftovers after this year, are somehow going to poach fsu and clemson.

It's laughable. acc is heads and shoulders better than big 16. that's not even considering the exit fees they would have to pay.

You began with lumping in ACC programs with National Championships who won them when they were not in the ACC. I also did the same with TCU, who did not win their National Championship in the Big XII.

The Big XII formed in in 1994 and began play in 1996, so the only fair way to compare the 2 leagues is to start from that point. The Big XII has had 3 programs win the National Championship and the ACC has had 2.

There is no argument about deranged WVU fan. As long as FSU and Clemson (Miami to a lesser extent) remain in the ACC they are the better league than the Big XII once Texas and Oklahoma depart.

• Upvote 3

• Topic Count:  604
  • Content Count:  16,504
  • Days Won:  43

big 12 struggles….

5E595E23-567D-4C69-9D08-D6A4B94AD198.png

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,144
  • Days Won:  40

35 minutes ago, John Lewis said:

As long as FSU and Clemson (Miami to a lesser extent) remain in the ACC they are the better league than the Big XII once Texas and Oklahoma depart.

I am thinking this is factual.  Hopefully some good programs can emerge to replace them when the time comes (hint). :iconic_u_black:

• Topic Count:  43
  • Content Count:  2,588
  • Days Won:  3

35 minutes ago, Bull Matrix said:

big 12 struggles….

AAC: 6

MWC: 9

Some of these were week 0 losses. (Week 0 is dumb, just my opinion).

• Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  416
  • Days Won:  2

1 hour ago, Bull Matrix said:

big 12 struggles….

This dude has been proven wrong over and over and is just salty by cherry picking 1 week stats lol 

48 minutes ago, Peatearpan said:

AAC: 6

MWC: 9

Some of these were week 0 losses. (Week 0 is dumb, just my opinion).

Good to see the MWC is struggling more than the AAC lol. That will be interesting to see next season when they start taking to top 6 rated conference champs for the playoffs. An under the radar team like USF can probably sneak in & shock the world..

3 minutes ago, UCF_rustbucket said:

This dude has been proven wrong over and over and is just salty by cherry picking 1 week stats lol 

He is out to destroy the big 12. He is pushing the P2 narrative. As a USF fan, I’m hoping there will be a least 4 power conferences left and that USF gets in either ACC, big ten or big 12. I have not seen any USF to SEC rumors yet lol

• Upvote 1