• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Conference realignment "Rumors" "tweets" "etc"

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  119
  • Content Count:  6,569
  • Days Won:  28

2 minutes ago, WoolyBully said:

What is this fascination with Appalachian State University? And Marshall University? Why not invite Coastal Carolina, or James Madison? Why say such a thing? 'Cause my nieces went there. That's it. That's where my interest in adding for sake of adding comes to an abrupt end. 🤣

Appalachian State has done but win games. Them and Marshall would pretty much make us a stronger conference "on the field"

• Topic Count:  48
  • Content Count:  2,347
  • Days Won:  0

4 minutes ago, WoolyBully said:

What is this fascination with Appalachian State University? And Marshall University? Why not invite Coastal Carolina, or James Madison? Why say such a thing? 'Cause my nieces went there. That's it. That's where my interest in adding for sake of adding comes to an abrupt end. 🤣

So you dont follow college football, got it. They've won like 9 games a year on average since the late 80s.

• Haha 1

• Topic Count:  21
  • Content Count:  692
  • Days Won:  1

16 minutes ago, USFBULL_08 said:

Exactly, they just became part of the haves for the next 9 years, if not longer.

Yes I can't stress the importance of the name brands. Charlotte in fball or basketball is not going to move tickets. UNC or Duke suddenly Tix sales are up, merch sales are up, recruiting, the tangibles go on and on. 

A prime example is just looking at the Alabama game. I must have had a dozen people asking for tickets or seeing if I could get them tickets for the game. Here's the kicker NONE of them are bama fans or grads, I'm talking about UF grads, FSU fans, and just casual people that want to go watch them play. And even the most embarrassing one "I didn't even know USF had a football team" but they heard that bama was playing in Tampa. That's extra revenue for athletics that you won't see playing Alabama..... Birmingham.

• Topic Count:  79
  • Content Count:  2,983
  • Days Won:  2

Does the AAC even add to replace SMU?  Maybe not. 

I fear that this will resolve by AAC offering FIU.  

Edited by Cat941
ETA

• Topic Count:  604
  • Content Count:  16,485
  • Days Won:  43

3 minutes ago, belgianbull said:

Adding teams is easy; adding teams that benefit the conference we miserably failed at. I will grant you UAB and UTSA might have some potential, but the other teams we added were North Texas, Charlotte, FAU, and Rice. UTSA is not ranked at the moment ;OSU is. The AAC can't lose 5 teams in a few years, and then still be the best of the rest conference.

UNT went to a bowl game last season. Rice went to a bowl game last season. FAU will be back & has a better destination & OCS than UCiF…

• Haha 2

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  2,038
  • Days Won:  10

16 minutes ago, Gatorbull325 said:

WSU has lost to 3 FCS teams in the past 7 years. That's 2 more than us. One of those losses was while they were ranked. So explain to me how well they will do with half the money they use to make?

OSU beat Oregon, Boise State, Stanford, and Florida last year.  Our adds combined don't have as good of wins in their entire recent history 

8 minutes ago, belgianbull said:

Edited by belgianbull

• Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  959
  • Days Won:  1

1 hour ago, Rocky Style said:

I like this.  Would also like App State rivalry.

Don’t worry, they’ll add FIU. 

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,119
  • Days Won:  39

4 minutes ago, 350_BULL said:

Yes I can't stress the importance of the name brands.

This is the antithesis of what makes sports good, but ESPN has successfully ruined everything. 

• Topic Count:  48
  • Content Count:  2,347
  • Days Won:  0

7 minutes ago, Gatorbull325 said:

Appalachian State has done but win games. Them and Marshall would pretty much make us a stronger conference "on the field"

Ehh Marshall is what they are at this point. They dont have any growth left in them

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  2,038
  • Days Won:  10

3 minutes ago, Bull Matrix said:

UNT went to a bowl game last season. Rice went to a bowl game last season. FAU will be back & has a better destination & OCS than UCiF…

5 wins is all it takes. About 70 teams did as well.  Compare Marshall, WKU, and Appalachian State and their bowl record and compare it to Charlotte, North Texas, and Rice and you will be amazed