• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Conference realignment "Rumors" "tweets" "etc"

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  64
  • Days Won:  0

18 minutes ago, BullyPulpit said:

Those 25 million aren't going anywhere even if ESPN was $30 a month as a standalone. If they didn't gain a single subscriber (which I doubt would be the case given the immense amount of content that they carry) they would generate $9 billion annually. They are going to reach the point soon where the carriage fees are a wash with what they can garner with direct streaming. The option to package Flagship with Disney+ and Hulu Live still exists (they will have to buy NBC out of Hulu by the beginning of 2025 anyways). The point being, ESPN is going to be fine in the immediate future. 

Here is an interesting read on the subject: 

ab537bd428535b34bee546ec74c5c43630-cost-
NYMAG.COM

Cable TV was the worst way to follow your favorite team, except for every other way.

Interesting read, but I don't think it'll be quite as drastic as he's making it. The NFL is King. They've got to that point by access. Sure there is TNF on Amazon, but that is one game per week & major sports leagues and conferences would be stupid to enter deals where access is limited, significantly, to a wider audience. We wouldn't be seeing these conferences have so much shake-up if they wanted to start limiting access. MSG+ is niche, so they are going to charge a higher rate knowing that the subscriber base will be lower. Major broadcast networks aren't gonna go to a $30-$40 month price point - if they did, they'd be incredibly stupid to do so. They won't make the lost revenue up.

Edited by ClassOf2005Bull

• Topic Count:  604
  • Content Count:  16,485
  • Days Won:  43

21 minutes ago, BullyPulpit said:

Those 25 million aren't going anywhere even if ESPN was $30 a month as a standalone. If they didn't gain a single subscriber (which I doubt would be the case given the immense amount of content that they carry) they would generate $9 billion annually. They are going to reach the point soon where the carriage fees are a wash with what they can garner with direct streaming. The option to package Flagship with Disney+ and Hulu Live still exists (they will have to buy NBC out of Hulu by the beginning of 2025 anyways). The point being, ESPN is going to be fine in the immediate future. 

Here is an interesting read on the subject: 

ab537bd428535b34bee546ec74c5c43630-cost-
NYMAG.COM

Cable TV was the worst way to follow your favorite team, except for every other way.

Im just going to listen to my favorite teams on the radio or watch at bars/restaurants. Or better yet, watch in person. 

• Topic Count:  48
  • Content Count:  2,347

4 minutes ago, Bull94 said:

I can't say one way or another but if he went to them with the possibility of joining and they said no thanks what else can he do

I guess let teams leave and continue to weaken the conference.

Ok time to post more rumors……

• Haha 1

• Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  454

12 minutes ago, belgianbull said:
  • Aresco said the AAC has investigated “a number of options, including consideration of the larger group of institutions in the Pacific time zone,” noting that his league will instead opt to focus its expansion efforts “on schools that allow for sensible and sustainable competition and student-athlete well-being within our strong geographic footprint."

This is a direct quote of Aresco. Source: The Athletic

He should be fired asap. Yes to Charlotte, Rice, and North Texas. No to the Mountain West teams, and OSU, WSU? That's is crazy!

I would like to know what Kelly's thoughts are on this. I really think  he should at least make a statement or lead the way for Aresco's firing. Time to get out of the AAC.

If Aresco is not gone by next week that would be another mark of failure under our current leadership at USF.

Someone posted an article recently that indicated that MK was part of the effort to bring in those new schools. One might begin to suspect that MK isn’t very good at this job. 

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  2,038
  • Days Won:  10

3 minutes ago, Bull94 said:

I can't say one way or another but if he went to them with the possibility of joining and they said no thanks what else can he do

All I can say is under his leadership is teams lost: UCF, Cincy, Uconn, Houston, SMU

teams added: FAU, UAB, UTSA, Rice, Charlotte, North Texas

Teams ignored: Appalachian State, Marshall,..

Teams unable to convince or (ignored) based on his statement today: Boise State, San Diego State, WSU,OSU

I think his record speaks for itself

• Upvote 1

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  194
  • Content Count:  6,784
  • Days Won:  3

50 minutes ago, Brad said:

Independence with our own Bulls+ Network?

on par with the phenomenal PAC XII Networks...

• Topic Count:  43
  • Content Count:  2,578
  • Days Won:  3

Just now, WoolyBully said:

Maybe we can team up with Texas and have a shared network

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,331
  • Content Count:  97,075
  • Days Won:  469

1 minute ago, WoolyBully said:

PACXII Networks didn't stream - big problemo.  

This will probably be what ends up happening…. 

F300E37F-06C6-46F8-AF03-47A20C84F108.png

• Haha 1