• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Conference realignment "Rumors" "tweets" "etc"

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  417
  • Content Count:  3,175
  • Days Won:  12

37 minutes ago, BullyPulpit said:

Well, this makes the immediate future much bleaker. Just have to keep winning and hope that we can land somewhere when the major ACC programs eventually bolt. 

Let start winning first. 

• Upvote 1

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  416
  • Days Won:  2

14 minutes ago, BullyPulpit said:

So what....do you really get excited about the prospect of playing Oregon State and Washington State? I sure don't. A rebuilt PAC with Stanford and Cal would have been much more enticing. OSU and WSU seem destined to land in the MWC now. There is no advantage to them going to the AAC. 

Yup. You could see some connection to the AAC profile with Calford, big city academic schools. But with only the little brother PNW schools left, those are 100% MWC schools. Makes no sense for them to be on an island for barely a higher payout in the AAC vs MWC. The slight lead the AAC has in TV money would have gone to fund their cross country travel anyway so might as well stay regional.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,272
  • Days Won:  255

1 minute ago, Triple B said:

Just stop. It's because of "fans" like you that there's no way in hell we could make that offer ....

Fans like me would be more supportive in droves, fans like you are the actual reason we are gleefully disappearing. Being content with failure because it’s not your actual family is not the virtue that you like to delude yourself that it is.

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  604
  • Content Count:  16,504
  • Days Won:  43

16 minutes ago, BullyPulpit said:

So what....do you really get excited about the prospect of playing Oregon State and Washington State? I sure don't. A rebuilt PAC with Stanford and Cal would have been much more enticing. OSU and WSU seem destined to land in the MWC now. There is no advantage to them going to the AAC. 

No. I get excited about seeing more dominoes fall…..Justin Timberlake Jt GIF by *NSYNC

• Topic Count:  583
  • Content Count:  22,724
  • Days Won:  109

1 minute ago, Bull Matrix said:

No. I get excited about seeing more dominoes fall…..Justin Timberlake Jt GIF by *NSYNC

USF Athletics is far from in sync.  (see what I did there?)

• Haha 2

• Topic Count:  604
  • Content Count:  16,504
  • Days Won:  43

The more chaos in the college football realignment landscape the better. Keep those dominos falling…

1 minute ago, CousinRicky said:

USF Athletics is far from in sync.  (see what I did there?)

bye bye bye justin timberlake gif GIF

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,272
  • Days Won:  255

Just now, Bull Matrix said:

The more chaos in the college football realignment landscape the better. Keep those dominos falling…

It feels like chaos because we are on the losing end to smu it feels like advancement. This is not better for us in any way and we need to have a plan to stop it.

• Upvote 3

• Topic Count:  583
  • Content Count:  22,724
  • Days Won:  109

1 minute ago, Bull Matrix said:

bye bye bye justin timberlake gif GIF

Is that to the hope of us getting the call from the ACC?

• Haha 1

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  730
  • Days Won:  4

15 minutes ago, puc86 said:

If only there was some sort of way to invest $350 million into the program that could be used on something actually consequential instead of a mausoleum vanity project or we could see the same math that smu sees that the conference distribution minus the tv is still higher than the entire aac distribution…. If only.

I think it's a very fair point.

I still might hesitate to sign a long term deal with a conference that has a recent history of making bad long term financial deals.  Plus, they just set the market for themselves at 0 dollars.  What leverage will they have in 7 years with whatever the ACC is at that point?

On the other hand, what leverage does USF have by continually getting passed on realignment and living in a bad G5? 

Ooof.... probably smarter to take the sure invite now than a potential one later.  

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  3,686
  • Days Won:  14

Awkward The Simpsons GIF