• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Conference realignment "Rumors" "tweets" "etc"

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  194
  • Content Count:  6,783
  • Days Won:  3

44 minutes ago, Rocky Style said:

Truly insincere!

But they did make it quite clear that realignment was about dinero and survival in the NEW world of college football. They didn't try to spin it any other way. 

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  604
  • Content Count:  16,483
  • Days Won:  43

4 minutes ago, WoolyBully said:

But they did make it quite clear that realignment was about dinero and survival in the NEW world of college football. They didn't try to spin it any other way. 

That is why I will keep telling everyone that eventually these super conferences will fall apart. Especially when the interest & money run out. No way can these long distance conferences will survive. I foresee the schools forming more regional conferences in the long run. 

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  2,038
  • Days Won:  10

1 hour ago, Triple B said:

The year after that we are scheduled to play Boise here and at Florida and Miami. The year after that, at Bama and BYU. We'll have the schedule both those years to be a playoff contender ... ****, based strictly on the schedule, we could be a playoff contender this year and next year.

If we beat those teams absolutely, but in a PAC/ Mountain West/ AAC conference we could probably lose 3 games in a season and still make it to the Playoffs, while in a depleted AAC if we lose these games we pretty much have to be perfect for the rest of the season and hope that the Sunbelt or Mac champion doesn't outrank us. In the new Pac/ Mountain West/AAC our champion would be guaranteed a slot; and it would be possible to even have a second team make it if that second team has an impressive resume

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  194
  • Content Count:  6,783
  • Days Won:  3

41 minutes ago, Bull Matrix said:

more regional conferences in the long run.

Problem is, "the long run' is a nebulous term.  For a number of us, 'the long run' is not quite as distant on the horizon as it was in the way-back-when 😉

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  604
  • Content Count:  16,483
  • Days Won:  43

9 minutes ago, WoolyBully said:

Problem is, "the long run' is a nebulous term.  For a number of us, 'the long run' is not quite as distant on the horizon as it was in the way-back-when 😉

Yes exactly. So I guess what I am saying is that USF is going to be fine in the long run. We may not be around to see it but it should give us all peace in knowing that everything will be fine…

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  2,038
  • Days Won:  10

2 minutes ago, Bull Matrix said:

Yes exactly. So I guess what I am saying is that USF is going to be fine in the long run. We may not be around to see it but it should give us all peace in knowing that everything will be fine…

I think if we win, built and OCS, that we will be in a power 4 conference within the next 4-7 years; regardless of whether that new PAC merger conference that I want so much happens or not. 

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  51
  • Content Count:  3,355
  • Days Won:  5

3 minutes ago, belgianbull said:

I think if we win, built and OCS, that we will be in a power 4 conference within the next 4-7 years; regardless of whether that new PAC merger conference that I want so much happens or not. 

We just need to get sexy again. We will. We had the talent to win last year same this year.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,272
  • Days Won:  255

1 hour ago, 00Bull said:

Breakaway PAC + AAC + MWC = alpha move

Going independent = alpha move

Staying in the AAC, hoping = beta move

Lucky we have this alpha making power moves do-betta-fish-have-teeth-750x400.jpg.7937edc648b43aaf32419a473d13d8e6.jpg

• Haha 3
  • Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  85
  • Content Count:  2,019
  • Days Won:  2

11 minutes ago, jchem1995 said:

We just need to get sexy again. We will. We had the talent to win last year same this year.

image.png

Edited by gibbsak
  • Haha 1

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,272
  • Days Won:  255

13 minutes ago, jchem1995 said:

Nothing motivates getting sexy quite like a breakup, it’s time to divorce our way to our glow up.