• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Conference realignment "Rumors" "tweets" "etc"

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  486
  • Content Count:  12,475
  • Days Won:  25

8 minutes ago, Outlaw said:

It helps if you are winning, beating top 25 programs, and competing for championships. It helps the school grow fan base  and build an identity. I don't think an ocs is a must for a power  conference see Miami,usc,ucla, Oregon...

:icon_deadhorse:

• Haha 1

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  74
  • Content Count:  12,647

1 minute ago, BDYZR said:

:icon_deadhorse:

I'm not against it and have donated multiple times to the ocs fund here. I just don't think it is a deciding factor in a power conference. If we were winning games and competing for championships  Ray Jay would be packed like the Leavitt era and some power conference would be interested.

3 minutes ago, Outlaw said:

I'm not against it and have donated multiple times to the ocs fund here. I just don't think it is a deciding factor in a power conference. If we were winning games and competing for championships  Ray Jay would be packed like the Leavitt era and some power conference would be interested.

Yea, we've read that... Often.

• Topic Count:  60
  • Content Count:  4,078
  • Days Won:  2

56 minutes ago, puc86 said:

People do not understand moderate middle ground people like us, **** extremists

🙃  True, and they also don't understand we can still have strong opinions.  Having a rational point of view is often misunderstood. 

• Haha 1

• Topic Count:  43
  • Content Count:  2,588
  • Days Won:  3

49 minutes ago, Rocky Style said:

I was so hyped for that game and brought the wife down to see her first CFB game in person.  Lulz.  

I have installed a rev limiter on my hype now so I can only rev up to 3500.

Almost the same exact story for me. I hyped up the team for her, how much I thought we were going to surprise everyone. Oh boy, were the people surprised alright! All she did was laugh for the rest of the game.

19 minutes ago, BDYZR said:

Yea, we've read that... Often.

I've read it here often the ocs is some magic pill for winning and a requirement for p5 status.  Neither is true.

• Topic Count:  222
  • Content Count:  4,210
  • Days Won:  8

USF  Left behind for a third time In realignment. Or is it 4th or 5th now. 

USF. The only school from the former Big East that hasn’t found an adequate home. 

USF. The only school passed up by 4 former CUSA schools they were once ahead of. 

USF. Not attractive to any conference. 

USF. Bungled leadership at every turn. 

Thinking something will magically change when it hasn’t the past 15 years is insane. Recommend you give up fantasies of USF going anywhere. Your mental health will be a lot better if you stop living in dream world. 

4 minutes ago, Outlaw said:

I've read it here often the ocs is some magic pill for winning and a requirement for p5 status.  Neither is true.

Not from me. There are a lot of folks involved in that decision that know, at least should know, a hell of a lot more than I do. My ONLY contention is that, WITH WINNING, the stadium will improve the college atmosphere and experience. Improved for students, fans, and alumni.

Just now, BDYZR said:

Not from me. There are a lot of folks involved in that decision that know, at least should know, a hell of a lot more than I do. My ONLY contention is that, WITH WINNING, the stadium will improve the college atmosphere and experience. Improved for students, fans, and alumni.

I agree 

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  2,921
  • Days Won:  33

53 minutes ago, Outlaw said:

It helps if you are winning, beating top 25 programs, and competing for championships. It helps the school grow fan base  and build an identity. I don't think an ocs is a must for a power  conference see Miami,usc,ucla, Oregon...

UCF wasn't really winning consistently when they built their OCS. Their facilities upgrades certainly helped them. I am sure there are other programs who have done the same in the last 15 years or less.

We were told years ago that moving to an OCS would be in our best interest from a consistent revenue standpoint. P5 conferences were, and are, looking at things like that.

Edited by John Lewis
  • Upvote 1
  • Go Bulls! 2