• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Conference realignment "Rumors" "tweets" "etc"

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  10,916
  • Days Won:  67

1 hour ago, TheUpperHand said:

Me and my wife are trying to figure out an over/under on when I'll say "Not this s*** again" for the first time.

I would think sometime in the 1Q of the first game, but Vegas wouldn’t put that on the board, I say at 11:28 of 1Q first game, followed with obscenities and professing to never watch this **** show again. 

• Topic Count:  32
  • Content Count:  581
  • Days Won:  0

1 hour ago, Brad said:

Some fans are more comfortable with complacency then with accountability.  More comfortable with a feeling of victimhood than a feeling of failure.  Some want to beat Alabama ten out of ten times (naively) while others have accepted, warmly, their lot in life as a fan of a middling mid-major that tries.  Fans can be status quo embracers, nothing wrong with that for them.  Others expect more and find it difficult to embrace the current status of the program.  Failure feels different to different people and people react differently to it.  It's okay.  We're all types.

I believe the reason for that is control vs hope.  We can't control much except going to the games, supporting the team, etc but we cannot control the actual outcome.  The reason why some are "complacent" is because they have accepted that they can't control anything concerning the university.  Hope comes in when they want to do something but don't (or can't) do what they feel is necessary.  

I love your quote of "failure feels different to different people" and that is incredibly true.  Same thing with pain, love, or any other emotion.

• Like 2

• Topic Count:  96
  • Content Count:  4,078
  • Days Won:  14

Just now, OhioBull said:

Realignment fatigue is setting in….hoping something happens soon…anything…just want to know.

Oh something will happen soon.  Just probably won’t involve the promotion of USF.  The lifespan of this thread gives me that opinion.  Let’s win some games while we wait.

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  10,916
  • Days Won:  67

9 minutes ago, LrdNorman said:

I believe the reason for that is control vs hope.  We can't control much except going to the games, supporting the team, etc but we cannot control the actual outcome.  The reason why some are "complacent" is because they have accepted that they can't control anything concerning the university.  Hope comes in when they want to do something but don't (or can't) do what they feel is necessary.  

I love your quote of "failure feels different to different people" and that is incredibly true.  Same thing with pain, love, or any other emotion.

It was rather profound, the irony is those on both ends (myself included) end up bickering because we are caught up in this web of pitiful athletics (FB&MBB).  The optimists try to explain that they are simply happy watching this crap and the people that complain are miserable while the people that are fed up with this crap complain that the optimists have their head buried in the sand. This tit for tat is tired, hope we can actually discuss the team this year and find some real and not faux optimism.  

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,272
  • Days Won:  255

1 hour ago, Mission9 said:

I know this wasn't directed at me personally but I would argue some of us don't fall within those parameters either. I will skip over my bemusement of the abject failure of the program and contempt for those running the show the last few years since we have moved forward with a replacement at the helm.  The other issue, being left out of realignment, I can be unhappy about what is going on but find it hard to rationalize that USF could have done anything to beat out the schools which got the callup, with one exception.  For the sake of decency I will not mention that one university. In being angry about not being in place of the one exception, we should realize there really is no contesting the fact that we have made multiple errors beginning in 2010 which snowballed into what we have now.  Any choices made in the future of the program should only be made with USF, USF alumni, and USF fans interest and not be made to please the local media (whose influence is depreciating much to my joy).

People do not understand moderate middle ground people like us, **** extremists

• Haha 2

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,331
  • Content Count:  97,076
  • Days Won:  469

49 minutes ago, belgianbull said:

It all comes down to our ADs and coaching hires.

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,331
  • Content Count:  97,076
  • Days Won:  469

43 minutes ago, BDYZR said:

Perfect answer ↓ to this post ↑

Nominated for "Best use of Up and Down Arrows in a Multi-Decade Topic"

• Haha 1

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,119
  • Days Won:  39

1 hour ago, DontPushMe said:

I'd take a depleted acc over any big 12. I don't want to be associated with ucf ever again. It's a big reason we are in the place we are now. 

I like the way you think.

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,119
  • Days Won:  39

1 hour ago, Bull Matrix said:

Yeah I got hyped basically from reading all the other USF fans hype leading up the BYU game lol.  Now I’m just going to expect the worst & hope for the best. 

I was so hyped for that game and brought the wife down to see her first CFB game in person.  Lulz.  

I have installed a rev limiter on my hype now so I can only rev up to 3500.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  74
  • Content Count:  12,621
  • Days Won:  25

1 hour ago, John Lewis said:

No, it's not a guarantee, but it certainly helps.

It helps if you are winning, beating top 25 programs, and competing for championships. It helps the school grow fan base  and build an identity. I don't think an ocs is a must for a power  conference see Miami,usc,ucla, Oregon...

Edited by Outlaw