• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Conference realignment "Rumors" "tweets" "etc"

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  44
  • Content Count:  2,035
  • Days Won:  20

54 minutes ago, 79 Bull said:

The only schools left out in the cold from our BE days are USF and UConn.  If UConn moves to a P4, we'll be the lone "how not to succeed" team in all of BCS/Px history.

Still waiting for that giant to wake up...

• Go Bulls! 1

• Topic Count:  21
  • Content Count:  691
  • Days Won:  1

8 hours ago, BullyPulpit said:

Don't get your hopes up too high. With USF, this is how the dominoes falling usually plays out....

Dominoes Launch Fail | Best Funny Gifs Updated Daily

This post is going hard in the paint.

Today has yet to be a big day in USF history...

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  5,399
  • Days Won:  10

5 minutes ago, hm101 said:

Today was stupid

You really ought to write motivational posters 😄

Unique.jpg.b7bab1cfbc926370d7c885a4688c930c.jpg

• Haha 2

• Topic Count:  410
  • Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

8 hours ago, BullyPulpit said:

If there was an Apple contract and it was streaming only, I would hope that the league and Apple got together and offered some revolutionary content. Something like having the coaches mic'd up the entire game or a sideline feed where you can see what's going on. It could be on a 30 second delay and each school could have a representative that has the authority to dump audio to protect play calls and such. 

They have done interesting things for MLB and MLS.  Some good, some bad.  But they are not afraid to experiment.

• Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  774

Brad and a few others are bringing reality to this conversation. 

1) We needed to win yesterday 

2) We need to win immediately 

3) We will lose fans if we are in a crap conference. (There are fans waiting to see what happens and that will be their last straw.)

4) A stadium of that price point in a crap conference isn’t worth it.

5) I hope MKelly and the administration seriously know what they are doing. 

• Upvote 3

• Topic Count:  410
  • Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

6 hours ago, DontPushMe said:

It does because 99% of the people watching college sports don't follow it on message boards like this and know or care about tv payouts. 

The point of all of this is getting a universitys recognition up and increasing exposure and prestige. Dropping down to the AAC is so far beneath a school like Stanford. 

USF is the only school dumb enough to let ourselves be lowered from a power conference to the old sun belt. 

Yes, obviously.  We should have just said "No, we refuse to let the Big East be taken apart" and everything would have magically worked out.  And we were not alone when that happened.

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  194
  • Content Count:  6,783
  • Days Won:  3

And so, we have landed at Stage Seven: acceptance.

I have asked the question, so what if USF is a mid-major program, in perpetuity? Really, what is so bad about truly competing to the absolute best of our ability (and talent and resource availability) if we live on a world firmly and clearly divided between the haves and have-nots? What if, by not starting a program until the late twentieth century, we are truly and irreparably late to the party? Can we live with that (not saying the choice is solely under our control, but...)? Why not just stay in our weight class and dominate that?

Think about all of the non-P schools out there. And I'd be willing to bet that when the next magnitude Seven hits the realignment Richter scale, that number grows. The P-boyz could very well install a system whereby if certain metrics are not met, pack your bags 'cause the bus is leaving for Mid Majorville. Could happen. We're talking about the distribution of millions of dollars. And we all know how those stories end when the robbers get back to the rendezvous. 

I know, I know, this is all in fun about whipping together some fantasy conference that we'd all like to see come to fruition and one day get all amped up about the annual U of SF - Ohio State game. And I also know that the whole point of rumors and tweets is to entertain, otherwise the thread would be called Realignment Facts Released Through Athletic Departments Only. We'd never get to the rarified air of a 4K page thread.

I would be paperclip-in-the-electrical-outlet shocked to see U of SF depart the AAC anytime soon. Just not anchoring to that idea. Now, maybe after a period of being at the top of the conference and really, really distinguishing us from the rest of the Non-P universe, then we might have some appeal.  I just don't see us dumb lucking (à la Big East) into P-dom. That's just my opinion and it's worth every single, solitary cent you paid for it. 😎

Edited by WoolyBully
text
  • Upvote 3

• Topic Count:  79
  • Content Count:  2,980
  • Days Won:  2

2 minutes ago, WoolyBully said:

I have asked the question, so what if USF is a mid-major program, in perpetuity? Really, what is so bad about truly competing to the absolute best of our ability (and talent and resource availability) if we live on a world firmly and clearly divided between the haves and have-nots? What if, by not starting a program until the late twentieth century, we are truly and irreparably late to the party? Can we live with that (not saying the choice is solely under our control, but...)? Why not just stay in our weight class and dominate that?

Think about all of the non-P schools out there. And I'd be willing to bet that when the next Level Seven hits the realignment Richter scale, that number grows. The P-boyz could very well install a system whereby if certain metrics are not met, pack your bags 'cause the bus is leaving for Mid Majorville. Could happen. We're talking about the distribution of millions of dollars. And we all know how those stories end when the robbers get back to the rendezvous. 

I know, I know, this is all in fun about whipping together some fantasy conference that we'd all like to see come to fruition and one day get all amped up about the annual U of SF - Ohio State game. And I also know that the whole point of rumors and tweets is to entertain, otherwise the thread would be called Realignment Facts Released Through Athletic Departments Only. We'd never get to the rarified air of a 4K page thread.

I would be paperclip-in-the-electrical-outlet shocked to see U of SF depart the AAC anytime soon. Just not anchoring to that idea. Now, maybe after a period of being at the top of the conference and really, really distinguishing us from the rest of the Non-P universe, then we might have some appeal.  I just don't see us dumb lucking (à la Big East) into P-dom. That's just my opinion and it's worth every single, solitary cent you paid for it. 😎

I can dream about relegation and promotion.  Like I dream about the CFB playoff.  

It's FUBAR.

8 minutes ago, WoolyBully said:

Think about all of the non-P schools out there. And I'd be willing to bet that when the next Level Seven hits the realignment Richter scale, that number grows. The P-boyz could very well install a system whereby if certain metrics are not met, pack your bags 'cause the bus is leaving for Mid Majorville. Could happen. We're talking about the distribution of millions of dollars. And we all know how those stories end when the robbers get back to the rendezvous. 

To me football is about the fans, tailgating, upsets, environment, energy, the players, and quality of play. If a mid major conference doesn’t bring the excitement because people don’t travel it’s not the same. Maybe we will be an amazing mid team who whoops everyone’s ass. That would bring me joy and excitement. We’ve just had none of that for so long. No amazing highlights. No amazing wins. ****, I can’t even talk crap to other fan bases and get a laugh. 

WE NEED SOMETHING.

Edited by CycleBull

13 minutes ago, WoolyBully said:

I use to ride my bike around the UCF campus in my cycling kit. I “owned” that campus for years. So much fun.

Edited by CycleBull