• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Conference realignment "Rumors" "tweets" "etc"

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  604
  • Content Count:  16,483
  • Days Won:  43

4 minutes ago, TallyBull said:

People are excited about realignment. Demand for realignment information is, however, far exceeding supply. No one really knows what’s going on, except the people involved, and they aren’t saying much until they’re good and ready.

In the meantime, people on X position themselves as “insiders” by making “truthy” guesses based on real info from reputable sources. They always include the phrases they’re “hearing” or “per sources” to give their information an air of legitimacy and credibility. 

I don’t begrudge anyone their rumors. I’ve posted my share of them and I’m glad we have this thread. But I’ve gotten to the point now that I’m only really interested in what reputable sources say. So we’ll see what happens. 

The longer these rumors don’t come true the better off for USF. 

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  207
  • Content Count:  3,458
  • Days Won:  19

51 minutes ago, belgianbull said:

This got me excited, but then read the article and am confused. Is this a reputable source??? Since I see nothing on espn, cbsports,...

It's all just a wet dream until something actually happens.

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  2,919
  • Days Won:  33

8 minutes ago, Bull Matrix said:

naked gun pun GIF

Dude, you're about an hour late with that gif

• Haha 2

• Topic Count:  604
  • Content Count:  16,483
  • Days Won:  43

22 minutes ago, John Lewis said:

Dude, you're about an hour late with that gif

The Naked Gun movie ruined my mind lol 

• Topic Count:  196
  • Content Count:  6,619
  • Days Won:  51

2 hours ago, Bull Matrix said:

Believe me. Tons of FSU fans were humbled after USF went up to Tally and Leavitt’s defense basically dominated the Noles in their own backyard. I will never let FSU fans forget that… They were coming up to us and congratulating USF. 

I was on the field for that game.  Good buddy of mine is a big FSU booster.  That win was great.  Was at the Auburn game too and same thing happened, fans congratulating on our success and claiming we were the next star of the CFB world.  Memories is all we have now.

Edited by Sellular1
  • Upvote 4

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,331
  • Content Count:  97,070
  • Days Won:  469

2 hours ago, DontPushMe said:

Stanford will never allow themselves to be lowered to the level of 90% of the AAC schools.

But aren't they being "relegated" like some believe we were?  It's all completely out of their hands? 

They must face the music and take up their new space amongst the wretched.  :)

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  3,685
  • Days Won:  14

7 minutes ago, Brad said:

But aren't they being "relegated" like some believe we were?  It's all completely out of their hands? 

They must face the music and take up their new space amongst the wretched.  :)

If there is any justice in the world, you’re right. But part of me thinks the ACC will come out of nowhere and save them, deus ex machina style, to placate Notre Dame.

Because nothing ever works out for USF the way it should. 

• Like 1

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  194
  • Content Count:  6,783
  • Days Won:  3

I can't see the ACC taking on either Stanford and/or Cal. Face it, those football programs leave a lot to be desired. And the ACC has - at minimum - two disgruntled employees who have made it known that they need to get paid above and beyond the hoi polloi or be allowed to seek their fortunes elsewhere (and by elsewhere, I don't see UF welcoming FSU into THEIR conference with open arms).  What possible motivation is there for the ACC to incur the added expense of those two programs when, quite possibly down the road, the ACC disintegrates to be absorbed by the Power II (or III). Does CalFord appear to be some sort of salvation? A life raft of sorts? I don't think so. I just don't see where they bring more to the table than they take. I think that CalFord may find themselves playing some of the neighborhood boys, who up until now have been viewed (from Palo Alto & Berkeley) as second-class citizens. You may be brilliant. You may be rich. But at this particular juncture, you're also suspect. 

Edited by WoolyBully