• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Conference realignment "Rumors" "tweets" "etc"

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  410
  • Days Won:  2

33 minutes ago, puc86 said:

Automatic inclusion of the ACC network in states they have a presence, may as well lock down all of the largest states 

This is the answer. Also the reason why the Big 12 doesn't automatically have anything to gain by adding the Bay Area schools. There's no Big 12 conference network so can't cheese the system the way the B1G did with Rutgers and Maryland. Still seems like a bad idea so we'll see if SMU actually happens. 

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  74
  • Content Count:  12,616
  • Days Won:  25

11 minutes ago, UCF_rustbucket said:

This is the answer. Also the reason why the Big 12 doesn't automatically have anything to gain by adding the Bay Area schools. There's no Big 12 conference network so can't cheese the system the way the B1G did with Rutgers and Maryland. Still seems like a bad idea so we'll see if SMU actually happens. 

Agreed. Also the big doesn't really have a lot of traditionally  rivalries anymore once Texas/Oklahoma do. It is a thrown together conference by the better g5 groups, low end, and pac12 additions. Yes it is much better than the AAC and pays more but the sec and b1g will always dominate it. The acc is stronger now but for how long ? I see the big12 having nothing but upside with the pac folding and acc into turmoil .

• Topic Count:  320
  • Content Count:  3,030

Depressing…..do we have any possibilities at all? I mean before 8 teams leave the acc possibility?

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  82
  • Days Won:  0

Momentum is beginning to slow down here . We need some fresh , hot,  juicy rumors so as give me abundant reading material to hold me over until tomorrow 😜

• Topic Count:  604
  • Content Count:  16,483
  • Days Won:  43

9 minutes ago, dausfbulls11 said:

Depressing…..do we have any possibilities at all? I mean before 8 teams leave the acc possibility?

I’m now thinking both FSU & Miami have to leave. I remember Tranghese the old Big East commissioner was saying Miami was doing everything they could to make sure USF was not joining the Big East until they left for the ACC. 

• Topic Count:  79
  • Content Count:  2,980

Will OSU and WSU be the only ones left in the PAC?  Furthermore, will they be holding the conference assets if they are the final members?  Maybe the AAC will still bring them on, if and when the other two PAC teams go to the ACC.   I understand what's behind the push to expand the ACC Network into TX (by adding SMU) and CA by adding Cal and Stanford.  Seems really late in this though.  There were other teams there for the taking.  So much for being proactive ACC. 

It is interesting the changing narrative for considering G5 teams for expansion.  SMU hasn’t been world-beaters.   G5 teams are good enough additions when conferences are desperate ala the B12 and possibly the ACC if this happens.  Otherwise G5 teams are framed negatively. 

Lastly, we keep marching towards P4.  

Edited by Cat941
spelling
  • Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  79
  • Content Count:  2,980

11 minutes ago, Bull Matrix said:

I’m now thinking both FSU & Miami have to leave. I remember Tranghese the old Big East commissioner was saying Miami was doing everything they could to make sure USF was not joining the Big East until they left for the ACC. 

So no USF in the ACC, B12 and/or the SEC since they already have a FL team.  That leaves just the BIG and that's such a long shot.  

• Upvote 1

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,712
  • Days Won:  424

15 minutes ago, Bull Matrix said:

Why would UM have cared at back then since we were invited to replace them in the BE?

• Topic Count:  417
  • Content Count:  9,688
  • Days Won:  8

11 minutes ago, Cat941 said:

So no USF in the ACC, B12 and/or the SEC since they already have a FL team.  That leaves just the BIG and that's such a long shot.  

The big10 has FSU. 

• ???? 1

• Topic Count:  40
  • Content Count:  1,241
  • Days Won:  0

12 minutes ago, Cat941 said:

It leaves us independent, rebranded as the wandering bulls playing only away games. 

• Go Bulls! 1