• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Conference realignment "Rumors" "tweets" "etc"

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  416
  • Days Won:  2

21 minutes ago, TallyBull said:

I don’t know. This dude seems to think it will. 

The OSU and WSU fans also believed everything was fine and that anything negative was just Big 12 propaganda until the end. 

• Topic Count:  604
  • Content Count:  16,504
  • Days Won:  43

22 minutes ago, UCF_rustbucket said:

The OSU and WSU fans also believed everything was fine and that anything negative was just Big 12 propaganda until the end. 

I think the snobbery from the PAC got the best of them. Same thing is going to happen to ACC if they don’t realize that there are not many options left. They need to be proactive and be already working on a settlement with FSU & others that are heading out. No sense being locked in a bitter divorce 

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,144
  • Days Won:  40

11 minutes ago, Bull Matrix said:

No sense being locked in a bitter divorce 

Will FSU give back the engagement ring?

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,144
  • Days Won:  40

1 hour ago, TallyBull said:

FWIW I’d be OK with this so long as USF isn’t signing a GOR that would prevent it from joining the ACC 

Brutal.

• Upvote 1

26 minutes ago, Rocky Style said:

Will FSU give back the engagement ring?

Yes via the settlement. If ACC decides to make FSU ride it out until 2036 the ACC will get nothing but headaches 

1 hour ago, TallyBull said:

FWIW I’d be OK with this so long as USF isn’t signing a GOR that would prevent it from joining the ACC 

naked gun pun GIF

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

• Topic Count:  43
  • Content Count:  2,588
  • Days Won:  3

33 minutes ago, Rocky Style said:

Brutal.

How much are we getting now per team in the AAC?

• Topic Count:  365
  • Content Count:  6,472
  • Days Won:  35

1 hour ago, ThisIsAAUsome said:

If FSU finds a way, you better believe Clemson will be the next shoe to drop. Then UNC, Virginia and maybe Miami will soon follow. BC, WF and Syracuse won't get a look from anyone besides the AAC. Question is would enough ACC teams be left to keep the ACC name? Power status? 

The ACC would still be fine if they lost 4 teams to other conferences. They are looking to be proactive with Stanford and Cal, but I just don't see how that fits. I am sure they have contingency plans in place if 4 teams leave for the SEC/B1G. The ACC's biggest issue would be if teams like Louisville and Pitt got looks from the Big 12. If the ACC lost 2 to the SEC (FSU and Clemson), 2 to the B1G (UNC and Virginia) and then the Big 12 decided to go to 20 teams and take 4 from the ACC (Miami, Louisville, Pitt, Va Tech or NC State) it would all be over for the ACC. The remnants would be Wake, Syracuse, BC, Duke, Ga Tech, and either VA Tech or NC State. Still an upgrade over the AAC, but not nearly as exciting if just 2 or 4 leave the ACC. 

• Topic Count:  365
  • Content Count:  6,472
  • Days Won:  35

6 minutes ago, Peatearpan said:

How much are we getting now per team in the AAC?

I believe it is a minimum of $7 million. UCF reported receiving $8.8 million this past year. I'm not certain how the $17 million in entry fees for the incoming teams and the $54 million in exit fees for UCF/Houston/Cincy will be divided. 

By comparison, the MWC is the next closest G5 conference and their teams make at least $4 million annually. 

Edited by BullyPulpit

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

8 minutes ago, BullyPulpit said:

The ACC would still be fine if they lost 4 teams to other conferences. They are looking to be proactive with Stanford and Cal, but I just don't see how that fits. I am sure they have contingency plans in place if 4 teams leave for the SEC/B1G. The ACC's biggest issue would be if teams like Louisville and Pitt got looks from the Big 12. If the ACC lost 2 to the SEC (FSU and Clemson), 2 to the B1G (UNC and Virginia) and then the Big 12 decided to go to 20 teams and take 4 from the ACC (Miami, Louisville, Pitt, Va Tech or NC State) it would all be over for the ACC. The remnants would be Wake, Syracuse, BC, Duke, Ga Tech, and either VA Tech or NC State. Still an upgrade over the AAC, but not nearly as exciting if just 2 or 4 leave the ACC. 

I don't imagine ESPN wants big 12 to poach ACC especially if it means they have to pay teams more to move. Seems like it would be a lateral move anyway.