• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Conference realignment "Rumors" "tweets" "etc"

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,087
  • Days Won:  469

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

"Five Start conversation!"

"I'm glad The Bulls Pen has passionate fans that can argue and discuss without calling names"

"Takes me back to a simpler time when reasonable people reasoned"

"UCF sucks"

Just kidding about some of that.  Just wanted to say I was busy all morning and these last several pages have been great to read and think about!

THANK YOU

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  604
  • Content Count:  16,501
  • Days Won:  43

5 minutes ago, Brad said:

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

"Five Start conversation!"

"I'm glad The Bulls Pen has passionate fans that can argue and discuss without calling names"

"Takes me back to a simpler time when reasonable people reasoned"

"UCF sucks"

Just kidding about some of that.  Just wanted to say I was busy all morning and these last several pages have been great to read and think about!

THANK YOU

What an eventful off season! Thanks to Bulliever’s board for helping us USF fans vent and get through the offseason 

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,272
  • Days Won:  255

1 minute ago, BDYZR said:

So according to your math ucif was #6 in the Country with a +1 record in 2017

The Knights were host to conference foes UConn, East Carolina, Memphis, and South Florida and away at Cincinnati, Navy, SMU, and Temple.The Knights also hosted one of their two non-conference opponents, FIU from Conference USA, and traveled to a name 4-8 Maryland team.

Yes! If they lost to Maryland (they would have remained comfortably in the 20's) and more importantly Auburn no one on earth would remember or care and the only reason it would ever be discussed would be to show that G5 wins do not matter and should be ignored. The NY6 portion is not the cherry on top of an amazing run it is the entirety of the story and the only reason anyone knows anything about it. Ask anyone who they beat in AAC championship game and the only responses you will get is either what is an AAC or they have a championship game? The other games could only remove them from the conversation of college football and they did nothing to add them to it, to most everyone they never even happened and are completely unknown. Outside of a dozen places on the internet there is no AAC and every year it becomes more and more obscure. 

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  604
  • Content Count:  16,501
  • Days Won:  43

1 hour ago, TallyBull said:

They will never let us into the club, boys. Not if they can help it. They’d rather shack up with leftover Pac-12 schools than be associated with us. 

I love my Bulls, but soon there will be little else left to love about college football.

Don’t worry. That club will eventually collapse. They are getting too big and that won’t be easy to keep everyone happy. USF will be fine in the long run

12 minutes ago, Bull Matrix said:

Don’t worry. That club will eventually collapse. They are getting too big and that won’t be easy to keep everyone happy. USF will be fine in the long run

One day the entire earth is going to collapse, does that stop you from caring about accomplishing anything on it today?

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  365
  • Content Count:  6,472
  • Days Won:  35

18 minutes ago, GoBulls84 said:

Sadly I don't think it will. ESPN is already dying via slow bleed out. The other networks have been far too willing to step up and give ridiculous contracts to the B1G and level off the Big 12. I'll be interested to see what the next round of contracts looks like. SEC is all in on ESPN, but they're piggy bank is going to have a lot less weight behind it the next time around. And the B1G opens up in a handful of years, what's the streaming vs. cable debate going to look like at that point? How reliant will the B1G have to be on streaming as a primary/secondary/tertiary option? I'm interested in seeing if there is as much money available in the next round of TV contracts

ESPN is adapting. Getting leaner and not wasting money on products that offer no obvious financial return (MLS - approx. $50 million per year and PAC- approx. $250 million per year). They are focusing their efforts on the leagues and conferences that will result in a financial return or offer a low cost to fill programming time and also provides them with a subscription base for ESPN+. That doesn't completely fill the gap for the loss of cable subscribers, but it does help. ESPN is about 2 years away from abandoning the cable model and going DTC with a project codenamed "The Flagship". I agree that at some point the licensing fees will have to come down, but there are certain golden geese that have been bucking that trend. ESPN realizes that the content is king, so expect them to start spending next to nothing on the talent side of things.  

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  127
  • Content Count:  2,118
  • Days Won:  1

1 hour ago, puc86 said:

Strangely I do not recall seeing any fanbases calling to move down in conferences or pining to move down to the AAC where they can be competitive. Being in the minor leads is not a positive thing for anyone including the fanbase.

The idea that it is better to stay relegated is just something people tell themselves to cope with being relegated, which is why it is posed as being better to not be called up and not be competitive instead of moving down since you are not competitive.

You cannot stay in a conference that is where you are comfortable because someone is going to bet on themselves and take the opportunity you are scared of which will continue you on the freefall that is being in a declining conference. 

Being poached by a conference is always good and being in a poached conference is always bad, there is no virtue in trying to find the bottom of competition just so you can beat up on the less competitive.

Winning matters but not any more than who it is that you have the opportunity to try to beat.

I agree with Puc for once. Not sure how to feel about that 😂 

1 hour ago, Bull94 said:

we will never be able to compete financially with Ohio State, Alabama, Texas, USC etc. especially now that players will be paid.

Hell we haven't been able to compete in the AAC without paid players.

Sure with that mindset. The elite were not always elite. They all built up. No telling what could happen. Our base can be very passionate. 

1 hour ago, puc86 said:

If you ask many fans would you rather beat OSU 1 time or ECU 12 times many fans are going to take that one win. It is even more for who will be willing to go watch either event. Losing to ECU feels bad but winning doesn't feel great, reprieve from feeling bad isn't exactly exciting but only sounds better than our suffering. 

I said many times last year that if CJS beat UF that was good enough for me to see what he can do here, beating 5 conference members and an FCS team may have gotten me to reduce my ire but it certainly was not going to make me excited. 

Make it twice!! 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, jjlovecub said:

I agree with Puc for once. Not sure how to feel about that 😂 

Sure with that mindset. The elite were not always elite. They all built up. No telling what could happen. Our base can be very passionate. 

Make it twice!! 

Good Luck, you may find this helpful in the near future-

WWW.PSYCHOLOGYTODAY.COM

Browse our extensive directory of the best Psychiatrists and Psychiatric Nurses near you.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,736
  • Days Won:  425

1 hour ago, Brad said:

FAS = Football Autonomous Subdivision

Too big of a word for the board ....

• Topic Count:  34
  • Content Count:  1,733
  • Days Won:  0

2 hours ago, Bull Matrix said:

Now you see why i always hated using the P5 term. It was something made up by the media (ESPN)

I'm with you on this (as you know). Almost every "P5" football team is "Power" in name only on the field (PINOs), regardless of how much cash they are swimming in. I'm not sure if there have been any studies proving that bigger TV contracts equals higher quality of life in an athletics program, but "P5" has always seemed like a bunch of marketing BS, just like the attempt at the "P6" branding by the AAC. After all, it's not necessarily how big your budget is, it's how you use it (that's what she said). 🙂🤘