• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Conference realignment "Rumors" "tweets" "etc"

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  604
  • Content Count:  16,483
  • Days Won:  43

2 hours ago, Rocky Style said:

We were #7 once according to a guy on the internet.

Think we may have been #7 a few times. However I do believe we were #2 once…

• Topic Count:  85
  • Content Count:  2,019
  • Days Won:  2

2 hours ago, GoBulls84 said:

We were also 7-0 at one point I believe. Were we not 7-0?

2 hours ago, MaltLiquorBull said:

I think we were during one of the CCS years.  Most of us thought we were winning very ugly at the time, and our record was not indicative of how good of a team we were.  I think we lost the last 5.  My memory is not that good, though.

"Were we not 7-0?" is an infamous CCS quote after being grilled about how bad things were going downhill.  The fans could all see it.

• Haha 1

• Topic Count:  14
  • Content Count:  68
  • Days Won:  0

Russ Duffey

• Topic Count:  14
  • Content Count:  68
  • Days Won:  0

• Go Bulls! 1

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  10,916
  • Days Won:  67

5 hours ago, MaltLiquorBull said:

I think we were during one of the CCS years.  Most of us thought we were winning very ugly at the time, and our record was not indicative of how good of a team we were.  I think we lost the last 5.  My memory is not that good, though.

We squeaked by Tulsa on the road and UCONN at home for HC and then Houston hung 59 on us and the wheels came off the bus, the season ended with us losing 6 straight and nobody can forget the Gasparilla bowl where Marshall shellacked us in our own house to end that season, was our last bowl game to date,  at least we made it memorable.  

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  207
  • Content Count:  3,458
  • Days Won:  19

3 hours ago, gibbsak said:

"Were we not 7-0?" is an infamous CCS quote after being grilled about how bad things were going downhill.  The fans could all see it.

Yeah, it didn't take a psychic to see the crash coming.  I remember after watching the game that made us 7-0 telling my bride (and many others) we wouldn't win another game that year.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  207
  • Content Count:  3,458
  • Days Won:  19

3 hours ago, 86atlbull said:

Conor Mckenna Fah GIF by Foil Arms and Hog

• Topic Count:  43
  • Content Count:  3,899
  • Days Won:  8

1 hour ago, Friscobull said:

We squeaked by Tulsa on the road and UCONN at home for HC and then Houston hung 59 on us and the wheels came off the bus, the season ended with us losing 6 straight and nobody can forget the Gasparilla bowl where Marshall shellacked us in our own house to end that season, was our last bowl game to date,  at least we made it memorable.  

The UConn game was pretty much the death knell for that season. We had, IIRC, 7 points in the first half against a defense that only gave up less than 50 twice that season (and one of those was a 49-point game). It was very clear something bad was coming.

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  10,916
  • Days Won:  67

1 minute ago, GoBulls84 said:

The UConn game was pretty much the death knell for that season. We had, IIRC, 7 points in the first half against a defense that only gave up less than 50 twice that season (and one of those was a 49-point game). It was very clear something bad was coming.

Yep, needed a miracle comeback to beat a winless Tulsa team at the time as well.  I have never seen a 7-0 team play that poorly.  Spotted Houston 14 and matched them giving us hope, but eventually reality sunk in and we realized we sucked all along just like we thought we did.
Hell we have only won like 6 or 7 games a few were FCS out of the last 50 plus games. When you think about it, it is downright pathetic, we are pitiful. 

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  1,719
  • Days Won:  6

15 minutes ago, Friscobull said:

Yep, needed a miracle comeback to beat a winless Tulsa team at the time as well.  I have never seen a 7-0 team play that poorly.  Spotted Houston 14 and matched them giving us hope, but eventually reality sunk in and we realized we sucked all along just like we thought we did.
Hell we have only won like 6 or 7 games a few were FCS out of the last 50 plus games. When you think about it, it is downright pathetic, we are pitiful. 

In my opinion the back to back tenures of Strong and Scott set the program back about 15 years. 

• Upvote 2