• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Conference realignment "Rumors" "tweets" "etc"

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  604
  • Content Count:  16,485
  • Days Won:  43

1 hour ago, belgianbull said:

I guess how you feel about this depends on at what point in time one started following USF athletics, or when someone attended USF. When I was in school we were bouncing around from FCS to independence, to lower conferences until we found a home in the Big East.

From my perspective its teams like UCF, West Virginia, Cincy. Would love to move up to the Big 12 so we can play these teams again.

That makes sense. I miss UL more than WVU. Plus UL is easier to travel to so hopefully it is the ACC instead of big 12. Also would be better for out hoops to play Duke & UNC. Don’t forget we will be playing Miami every year 

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  2,038
  • Days Won:  10

16 minutes ago, Bull Matrix said:

That makes sense. I miss UL more than WVU. Plus UL is easier to travel to so hopefully it is the ACC instead of big 12. Also would be better for out hoops to play Duke & UNC. Don’t forget we will be playing Miami every year 

Yes, I would prefer ACC as well, especially if either Miami or FSU, or both are still in the league.

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  2,919
  • Days Won:  33

2 hours ago, USF_Bullsharks said:

Those squirrels on campus that are not afraid of a **** thing. 

Are you sure that you don't mean the ducks on campus?

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  295
  • Content Count:  6,846
  • Days Won:  22

20 minutes ago, belgianbull said:

Yes, I would prefer ACC as well, especially if either Miami or FSU, or both are still in the league.

If we go into ACC, is because FSU/ UM has bailed. As well as probably Clemson/UNC

We would probably be looking at best an ACC with

Cuse, Boston College, Pitt, NCState, Wake, Duke, Georgia Tech, Louisville, Virginia and Virginia Tech

They would probably try to stay together and add UConn, USF, Memphis and try for Army and Navy also.

Dont be surprised if the Big12 tries to go after Louisville,Pitt, VTech and NCState or Virginia

We might end up in an ACC very similar to Big East + AAC

Cuse, Boston College, Wake Forest, Duke, UConn, USF, Navy, Memphis, Temple, Army, Tulane, UAB, Rice, UTSA

• Upvote 2
  • Me no likey 1

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  2,038
  • Days Won:  10

28 minutes ago, Cubanbull said:

If we go into ACC, is because FSU/ UM has bailed. As well as probably Clemson/UNC

Cuse, Boston College, Pitt, NCState, Wake, Duke, Georgia Tech, Louisville, Virginia and Virginia Tech

They would probably try to stay together and add UConn, USF, Memphis and try for Army and Navy also.

Dont be surprised if the Big12 tries to go after Louisville,Pitt, VTech and NCState or Virginia

Cuse, Boston College, Wake Forest, Duke, UConn, USF, Navy, Memphis, Temple, Army, Tulane, UAB, Rice, UTSA

I think that's  probably right on; and our best option would be to explode over the next 3 years, and then be picked up by the Big 12 as a travel partner for UCF.

I strongly believe that whatever happens over the next 3-5 years will be critical regarding whether we end up in a strong middle of the pack power 5 conference, or in a left over AAC conference.

Cant afford a rebuilt that takes to long; we need to be in a bowl game next year, and be an AAC contender, and a top 25 team the year after that.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  74
  • Content Count:  12,621
  • Days Won:  25

1 hour ago, belgianbull said:

I think that's  probably right on; and our best option would be to explode over the next 3 years, and then be picked up by the Big 12 as a travel partner for UCF.

I strongly believe that whatever happens over the next 3-5 years will be critical regarding whether we end up in a strong middle of the pack power 5 conference, or in a left over AAC conference.

Cant afford a rebuilt that takes to long; we need to be in a bowl game next year, and be an AAC contender, and a top 25 team the year after that.

Our best option is to take the money as soon as it is offered. If the big12 implodes like the Big East hen we would have to find another conference anyways.

• Topic Count:  604
  • Content Count:  16,485
  • Days Won:  43

12 minutes ago, Outlaw said:

Our best option is to take the money as soon as it is offered. If the big12 implodes like the Big East hen we would have to find another conference anyways.

Take what money ?? Big 12 invitations cost the school being invited tons of money. USF right now is taking the money from UC, Houston and UCiF in exit fees 

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  173
  • Content Count:  7,004
  • Days Won:  12

4 hours ago, John Lewis said:

Are you sure that you don't mean the ducks on campus?

Ducks

Oregon

Pac 12

Always Sunny Fx GIF

• Haha 3

• Topic Count:  295
  • Content Count:  6,846
  • Days Won:  22

3 hours ago, Bull Matrix said:

Take what money ?? Big 12 invitations cost the school being invited tons of money. USF right now is taking the money from UC, Houston and UCiF in exit fees 

You make more than you pay to exit. USF would jump on any invite from Big12 or ACC

• Topic Count:  48
  • Content Count:  2,347
  • Days Won:  0

6 hours ago, Cubanbull said:

Wouldnt want to be in that ACC. Big12 would be a much better place.

• Upvote 1