• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Conference realignment "Rumors" "tweets" "etc"

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  1,834
  • Content Count:  5,491
  • Days Won:  13

Oregon likely not the last school the Big Ten will talk with

The specter of expansion came back to life in recent days when an Action Network report had Oregon meeting secretly with the Big Ten. I’m told that report was accurate.

The Ducks likely won’t be the last expansion meeting the conference has. It doesn’t appear that the Big Ten is taking long to catch its breath after wrapping up its media deals.

The question is whether the conference will take more schools from the Pac-12, such as Stanford, Washington or Oregon, or whether it will wait out the ACC to see if its grant of rights provision holds up.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,140
  • Days Won:  39

4 minutes ago, Jim Johnson said:

Ooooh!  The talking stage!

image.png.5ca25560d80d01ac5d942896b61b52cf.png

• Topic Count:  295
  • Content Count:  6,848
  • Days Won:  22

1 hour ago, NewEnglandBull said:

Ok that makes sense. From what I have heard, Oregon does not get many eyeballs watching them so their attractiveness is a bit questionable. I would like to see the tv numbers of Oregon vs. Oaky State. Same with Wash vs Baylor. Regardless, I still disagree with your first point, I think the two PAC schools get plucked regardless of ND. Yes, value my be lost but a case can be made that it’s only temporary until a new deal is signed in seven years. 

In your scenario. Why would BigTen schools choose to get lower amounts now and not just wait 7 years when new contract to add them?. Is not like any of them will go elsewhere.

Thats why I think they’ll ride with 16 for the contract period and review additions afterwards 

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

27 minutes ago, Cubanbull said:

In your scenario. Why would BigTen schools choose to get lower amounts now and not just wait 7 years when new contract to add them?. Is not like any of them will go elsewhere.

Thats why I think they’ll ride with 16 for the contract period and review additions afterwards 

That’s a fair question. I am not too concerned with the time as with the actual action. I suppose they could get them in three years but not have them join until the contract runs out in B10. I suspect the PAC will not be getting a longer contract than the B10 has just signed. Of course another option is if Wash and Oregon sign with the B10 but don’t take a full cut (like Rutgers). It is still more than they would get with the PAC and would give them stability and piece of mind they have seat at the table. 

Edited by NewEnglandBull

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  3,417
  • Days Won:  3

Door GIF by Miike Snow

• Topic Count:  604
  • Content Count:  16,501
  • Days Won:  43

2 hours ago, Jim Johnson said:

The specter of expansion came back to life in recent days when an Action Network report had Oregon meeting secretly with the Big Ten. I’m told that report was accurate.

The Ducks likely won’t be the last expansion meeting the conference has. It doesn’t appear that the Big Ten is taking long to catch its breath after wrapping up its media deals.

The question is whether the conference will take more schools from the Pac-12, such as Stanford, Washington or Oregon, or whether it will wait out the ACC to see if its grant of rights provision holds up.

We shall see if Big Ten wants to invade SEC territory by adding teams from SE & SW…

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  1,834
  • Content Count:  5,491
  • Days Won:  13

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  187
  • Days Won:  0

I disagree with four power conferences

the distance between the SEC & BIG 10 from ACC/BIG 12 is too much. I still believe this is a power 2 situation for years to come until there is as larger restructuring of the playoff or TV deals.

with that said I also still hope USF can join the ACC in the next few years as things shake up. 

....and become a basketball school and get sponsored by jordan.....

THERE'S NO REASON WE CAN'T BE GREAT AT BASKETBALL 🤣

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  74
  • Content Count:  12,641
  • Days Won:  25

18 minutes ago, sparkybull said:

I disagree with four power conferences

the distance between the SEC & BIG 10 from ACC/BIG 12 is too much. I still believe this is a power 2 situation for years to come until there is as larger restructuring of the playoff or TV deals.

with that said I also still hope USF can join the ACC in the next few years as things shake up. 

....and become a basketball school and get sponsored by jordan.....

THERE'S NO REASON WE CAN'T BE GREAT AT BASKETBALL 🤣

I think we got at least of four more years left until you can try to improve the BB program.